Hero Spotlight: General Krexx

JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited October 2016 in Hero Spotlights
nra7oxm3log0.png

Background: Known for their incredibly tough scales and extremely short tempers, the ancient race of Trogs has dogmatically served the Gorgons for centuries as the backbone of the Gorgon Army. General Krexx has proven himself time and again to be one of the toughest, meanest Trogs alive. Seeking out his lost Gorgon masters, Cobress and Viperia, General Krexx went through the portal, journeying across time and other mysterious realms to find them. Now safely on the other side, he desires nothing more than the satisfaction of serving his tyrannical Gorgon rulers. It’s only a matter of time for when the rest of the Gorgon Army follows their general through the Portal…the Seeker must be ready.

Most Hated Hero: Lady Nimriel – In the time of Gorgons, Elves warred with the gorgons frequently. Lady Nimriel upholds the elven training used against Trogs in times of war.

Element
NATURE: +30% bonus against WATER enemies, -25% vs FIRE enemies

Tags: Armored (upon 1st ascension) Reptile Tank

Traits:
  • GORGON DEVOTION – Will revenge any attack dealt to a Gorgon.
  • VENOM DEFENSE – Reduces damage taken per Venom debuff, chance to apply Venom to melee attackers.
  • SUN-BATHED – Allied Reptiles cannot be Frozen.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • TAIL STRIKE – Melee Physical Attack on enemy that provokes and doubles the amount of Venom on the target.

Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Dark Evo: 11
  • Fire Evo Monarch: 16
  • Nature Evo: 43
  • Bushido Evo: 2

NEW Trait!
  • VENOM DEFENSE II – Reduces damage taken per Venom debuff, chance to apply Venom to melee attackers.
  • ARMORED – Takes less damage from Physical attacks

NEW Ability!
  • SCALE MAIL – Cleanses all debuffs (on himself), forces enemies to attack this character, buffs DEF, starts powered

Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Light Evo: 40
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 33
  • Caveborn Evo: 8
  • Subterranean Evo: 4

New Trait!
  • VENOM DEFENSE III – Reduces damage taken from enemies per Venom debuff (on the attacker), chance to apply Venom to melee attackers.
  • TROG SKIN – At the end of each turn, cleanse one debuff (from himself).

New Ability!
  • SCALING STRIKES – Melee Physical attacks an enemy 2 to 5 times, adding additional hits as health decreases below 75%
Post edited by Joveth on

Comments

• Joveth wrote: »

Tags: Armored Reptile Tank
    [*] VENOM DEFENSE – Reduces damage taken per Venom debuff, chance to apply Venom to melee attackers.
    Next Ascension
    NEW Trait!

I don't understand Venom Defense. Reduces whose damage and per whose Venom debuff? Does that mean that damage taken by Krexx is reduced if he has a venom debuff or does it mean damage taken by Krexx is reduced if an enemy who is attacking him has a venom debuff? Seems like the latter, but just would like clarification as the wording is a bit ambiguous.

Also, his first ascension gives him the "armored" trait, but isn't he already armored based on his base Tags?
  • RhuokarRhuokar Member
    edited October 2016
    Foozle was faster ^^

BTW, i think it is just like with Squinch, that the armored Tag can be gained due to evolution. So it wouldnt Be that new. The tags on top simply would show the tags for full ascension.
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Foozle wrote: »
    Joveth wrote: »

Tags: Armored Reptile Tank
    [*] VENOM DEFENSE – Reduces damage taken per Venom debuff, chance to apply Venom to melee attackers.
    Next Ascension
    NEW Trait!

I don't understand Venom Defense. Reduces whose damage and per whose Venom debuff? Does that mean that damage taken by Krexx is reduced if he has a venom debuff or does it mean damage taken by Krexx is reduced if an enemy who is attacking him has a venom debuff? Seems like the latter, but just would like clarification as the wording is a bit ambiguous.

Also, his first ascension gives him the "armored" trait, but isn't he already armored based on his base Tags?

I've rewritten that line to be more clear. Reduces damage done to him per venom debuff that exists on his attacker! That is, the more venom they got, the less damage they'll do to Krexx!

He gets the armored trait upon first ascension!
  • Thanks for the clarification!
  • What's his regular attack?
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • The Event splash says "Fear the combination of an all reptile team". Is there a fourth reptile upcoming soon?
    KashHatton
  • KashHatton wrote: »
    The Event splash says "Fear the combination of an all reptile team". Is there a fourth reptile upcoming soon?

someone didn't read post " It’s only a matter of time for when the rest of the Gorgon Army follows their general through the Portal…the Seeker must be ready."
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Just got a message on my phone and I'm here.
    Thank you to JackHallow666 for allowing me to use his amazing Kobal drawing as my profile picture!

LvL:64
    Champion:Kobal 6*

They asked if I cared.
    I said I did, I'm just really lazy.
  • Joveth wrote: »
    It’s only a matter of time for when the rest of the Gorgon Army follows their general through the Portal…the Seeker must be ready.

Oh boy, that looks like some serious hint of some future event and/or campaign update
    Andre4897
  • Drocas wrote: »
    KashHatton wrote: »
    The Event splash says "Fear the combination of an all reptile team". Is there a fourth reptile upcoming soon?

someone didn't read post " It’s only a matter of time for when the rest of the Gorgon Army follows their general through the Portal…the Seeker must be ready."

Doesn't answer the "soon" question.
    KashHatton
    KashHatton wrote: »

In this specific case, we mean a three-reptile team + another Hero of your choosing...but that doesn't mean that another Reptile Hero couldn't appear in the future! That's what his bio teases after all...

• So no quests to get more tokens for Kraxx? sort of disappointed with that. Even if it were only use him to gain more tokens. Seems like the normal Gorgon quests (mats, viperia and cobressa tokens). Still feel like a new hero release should be met with more fan fair, not as bad as wit the High King release but still, not close to what was done for Zomm, Malice, Hansuke, Zen, Hagrim, or Zen.
  • It seems like Krexx is going to be an amazing tank! Now I feel like using the gorgon sisters more!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • GaspinGaspin Member
    edited October 2016
    will he be permanent in heroic?
  • Wow he looks amazing! Keep up the good work I'm so exited to unlock him
  • New heroes are never permanent in Heroic.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Interesting that he doesn't do bonus damage to stoned targets like the rest of the reptile crew.
  • Note: We'll be releasing a new hero shortly and we wanted to post this a little early to make sure players are prepared!
    I am confused. Is Krexx that new hero or is there another one coming up shortly after him?
    PhD9 wrote: »
    Note: We'll be releasing a new hero shortly and we wanted to post this a little early to make sure players are prepared!
    I am confused. Is Krexx that new hero or is there another one coming up shortly after him?

that was left from earlier today :) Removed!
    LoveChawp wrote: »
    Interesting that he doesn't do bonus damage to stoned targets like the rest of the reptile crew.

that's a Gorgon trait! He is not a Gorgon. But he can definitely help out in the venom dept!

• Can anyone post stats? I have some gems, but was waiting for Igorok...
  • Just got him, seems pretty good.
    Photo courtesy of Jackhallow666.

Favorite heroes:Overlord Executum, Samurai Takumi, Hansuke Undying, and Augustus.
  • Meanwhile... i still wanna Kozar so bad
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• edited October 2016
    im noticing a pattern here
    goblins ogres vs dwarfs
    reptiles vs elves
    hows about beasts vs demons
    castors vs rouges
    undead vs warriors
    mushroom vs constructs
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • 6* fa no rune stats

dho2b81h38m7.png
  • i love his portrait doesnt it remind you of leonidus?
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • RocketBopperRocketBopper Member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for the stats!

The art is great. You can run into him in one of the reptile dungeons, and the animations are awesome, too. I wish I could afford to get him just for the coolness factor, but I'm still building.

For us newbs who won't be taking him to level cap FA immediately, do we have level 1,unascended stats? I could calculate backwards, I guess.

On the whole is very cool synergies with the other reptiles suggest to me that he won't be as valuable if you're not playing him with the other reptiles. Which I don't have. So I guess I'm still waiting for Igorok to return to the portal.
  • Cool hero, anyone who crosses General Krexx will be literally "Hiss"tory. it would seem though that Krexx & the Gorgons have brought word to the Undead that something dark is heading this way. Something sinister, Unholy & topped with Supreme Intelligence. Whatever it may be, the Undead will Rise to the Occasion. (from the Grave that is.)
    Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • so i found a 3 team of viperia cobressa andd yes general Krexx i took ametryst icepick tsume malice (in that order) everyone was 3 star and FA i wrecked them
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!