Zombi & Starskream's Hero Rune Guide Library

13»

Comments

• ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
    edited December 2016
    Once again, Zombi Does good . The Undead will appreciate it.

Also, sometime in the future when you get your hands on Grog Gnog, can you be sure to do A review/rune guide for him, if you plan on doing a guide, A good team to Use will probably be the combination of Grog Gnog, Julius, Pignius Maximus & a hero of your choice (probably best to use another beast hero like torchy or even lupina for their passives, or you could go with Kozar as he will get a major attack boost from Grog gnog's "Large & In Charge" passive.)
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • Thanks Zombi for the shout out! And great guide, it's good to know how Yorick and Hansuke do their thing and stay alive without the massive power of Brom's Soul Stealer heal or Zomm's just straight up damage to life regen.

I think my setup is somewhat similar in terms of vamp + bulwark combos, but I'll probably tweak a few runes thanks to your guide.
  • Quick question for anyone with an answer : MK is maxed in dodge, is there any way to avoid adding more dodge to him while adding crit/skl/atk ? For example light runes that enhance damage or crit always may give a dodge boost, resulting in a useless slot per rune.
    I don't want to equip MK with anything below 5*Legendary Greater runes, so it takes some gems/grind. That is why I don't want to blindly craft and tune runes hoping I don't get a dodge bonus.
  • There really is no way to tell without crafting it. But only craft them to rare is what I would do. If they don't have dodge by then, take them higher. If they do, salvage them. It's hard to do, I know. I've struggled with it to. But it's really the only way.
    Favorite Hero: High King Valkin
  • Styxus wrote: »
    Quick question for anyone with an answer : MK is maxed in dodge, is there any way to avoid adding more dodge to him while adding crit/skl/atk ? For example light runes that enhance damage or crit always may give a dodge boost, resulting in a useless slot per rune.
    I don't want to equip MK with anything below 5*Legendary Greater runes, so it takes some gems/grind. That is why I don't want to blindly craft and tune runes hoping I don't get a dodge bonus.

You will also come up against the 50% crit cap for MK pretty easily, especially with his epic fully upgraded. Zombi has a good (though starting to look aged) guide to runing MK. But the takeaway, assuming you are of sufficient level to be using greater and superior runes, is that the generally accepted best way to rune your MK is something like:

-Red power rune with att/att/dmg%
    -Green power rune with att/att/dmg OR green champion rune with att/def/att/PvP dmg%
    -Yellow and Blue precision runes with crit/att/dmg% or crit/att/crit as needed to hit crit cap, and then bulwark with def/hp/def. These three slots allow for some balance between damage and survivabilty, and is a bit or a personal choice.

Keep rolling runes looking for those combinations. Junk any that don't match what you need. Using heroic or better greater runes in this way should get you to the neighborhood of 4,000 att/3,000 def/6,500 hp/50% crit.

That's a solidly functional MK. As you start grinding out legendary greater and superior runes, you'll upgrade that a little bit, but I've noticed his effectiveness has dropped off a bit at legend league PvP. We all still use him but I'm starting to suspect that is as much out of habit as anything else. Bauble hurts his value against armored teams, nicely runed shades and/or kozars will sometimes one-shot him before you can use him, he does middling damage against Emily, kozar, grog (some of the most common opponents), and aria / shadowblade frequently dodge him. He's still good on defense, but I'm getting less and less impressed with him on offense unless paired with aria/pignius for the damage boosts.
  • ZombiZombi Member
    >> Zombi has a good (though starting to look aged) guide to runing MK.

I do? Star did the MK rune guide, but i do agree in that with the advent of PVP Seasons it might not be the most current advice one could give. Maybe Star could redo him if you asked nicely :)
    Original%20Banner2_zpsiebnr38z.png
    Want to join Level Capped? | Line ID: ZOMBI.33 | Email: guildlevelcapped@gmail.com
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

In Dungeon Boss, the bar for leadership is 500 gems, nothing more.
    "im nog suppries abort that antonia." [sic] - aNxem0n
  • Zombi wrote: »
    >> Zombi has a good (though starting to look aged) guide to runing MK.

I do? Star did the MK rune guide, but i do agree in that with the advent of PVP Seasons it might not be the most current advice one could give. Maybe Star could redo him if you asked nicely :)

Sorry...hard to keep track of who did which since we can't tell your voices apart.
  • ZombiZombi Member
    You can't tell our voices apart!? He's American with a sexy voice that draws you in and makes you want a to cuddle him, whereas mine is English, instructional, and direct :)

Anyways I added this into the OP as it's relevant to the subject matter

Want to join Level Capped? | Line ID: ZOMBI.33 | Email: guildlevelcapped@gmail.com
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

You can't tell our voices apart!?

Was a joke :)
  • ZombiZombi Member
    Phew :p
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited February 11
    I think a fantastic change to the game would be, if you manage to beat @Zombi 's ghastly OP defense, he has to send you one of his gigantic pile of legendary superior runes. Even zen/kozar required some lucky dodges! That is a seriously hard to kill shade.

wxozr0c6fq7h.png
  • ZombiZombi Member
    edited February 11
    Lol! Good isn't he?

g9pp5gwcydc3.jpg
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• Love your vids Zombi, I learned a lot from them when I started playing some months ago (and continue to learn with each vid you put out)

I think everyone appreciates the fact you are prepared to give away some of the top-level player "trade secrets" to help the rest of us plebs

If I could float an idea at you- runing a good lizard team would be really interesting to see, especially if the changes to PVP increases the viability of Viperia. The Undead and Goblins are the obvious teams but the Lizards have good synergy and buffs on paper- would like to see how you think they should be enhanced. Just a suggestion!

I'll do just that when the revamp the reptiles - there's not much point in me doing anything on them right now.
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• Cheers for the videos most appreciated.

Please keep them coming.
    Good feedback - thanks for providing!

So we kicked things off with out favourite heroes as we needed a starting point. The heroes you've included above will indeed get videos in due course, we're not just focusing on the big ones.

The next two we'll do are Tsume and Astrid as these are what have been requested in the last week or so most frequently.

As for producing a spreadsheet and leaving it at that, well we could have done, but that's not as much fun as making videos for them. You'll just have watch each of the episodes to get a feel for the points we're making :D

One rate limiter for us though, is the fact runes take such a large chunk of gold to simply swap about. So it hinders our experimentation with an array of builds, and we have to go on what we've experienced so far.

Maybe the devs could unlock Star's and my account gold costs for rune swapping... just a thought ;)

Cheers

So duper late repost. However, this is exactly why gold cost to swap runes is a terrible for experimentation.
    j81ezc.gif
  • @Zombi can we get more of these videos? Maybe a goblin team one and one for runes on a good lava academy team?
  • @Zombi did Starscream quit the game? I miss seeing your joint rune videos but he hasn't uploaded for 4 months :(
  • ZombiZombi Member
    @Starskream is still very much in the game, he's the GM of FINAL BOSS! Videos-wise, he's just been super-busy with RL, but I'm sure he'll get back on the case soon enough.

As for further rune guide videos, I'm waiting for the devs to release their updates to the rune system. Hopefully it shouldn't be long before the update goes live, and once it does these will resume.

Goblin team is a great idea! I've also thought maybe the beast team too. I'm open to your ideas...
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• StarskreamStarskream Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @Zombi did Starscream quit the game? I miss seeing your joint rune videos but he hasn't uploaded for 4 months :(

Hey bud! I moved 4 months ago and havent had my video-making computer. I'll have it back by the end of the month however, and things will pick up where we left off :)
  • Starskream wrote: »
    @Zombi did Starscream quit the game? I miss seeing your joint rune videos but he hasn't uploaded for 4 months :(

Hey bud! I moved 4 months ago and havent had my video-making computer. I'll have it back by the end of the month however, and things will pick up where we left off :)

That's great to hear! I love watching both of your channels! Thanks so much
  • @zombi can we just get one quick one of the runes for the goblin team? I'm really struggling on how to rune then after maxing out crit
  • ZombiZombi Member
    I don't know about a video, but I can say what I did after I got that crit as high as possible - piled on the defence. Although it means you'll sacrifice some attack, purple Bulwarks are very useful.
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• Personally, pump up attack on bramble and squinch, and defense on nub nub and zurk. The reason being, zurk and nub are your proc guys, who just flat out need to survive. Bramble and squinch will pile on the damage. This is at least how I auto run Savage Grove and Babel Mountain. For Permafrost, I swap squinch for a balanced bovus.
    www.youtube.com/darthcraig

Are all plugs shameless?
13»