Newbie with a few questions :)

Hi guys :)

I just started the game but i have quite a few unanswered questions. I like to inform myself on the game when I start it but I didn't find many theorycrafting ressources still relevant (found a few on slow levelling but that's apparently a bit outdated).

I have a few questions regarding runes and stats. Especially the Skill stat. I don't really understand what it is doing. Improving the dmg of your skills? the healing of you heal? Found quite a few references saying it is currently bugged though. Also, for runes with both attack as a primary stat, is the difference in the secondary stats the only real difference between the two?

I also have a questions about the teams of heroe. I see many people talking about goblin and undead teams. Are those so OP that they are by definition the way to go in the current meta? Should I do whatever it takes to get them? Or am I fine with other types of team? Would hate invest ltos of ressources in a heroe and then realise it's useless for now...

Lastly, is there any youtuber or live streamer known for having good content for beginner to intermediate player?

thanks a lot :)

Comments

• @Zombi and @Starskream have good videos.

In my opinion Undead and Goblin are the way to go.

As for runes, @fozzle has lots of good info.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • Skill affects crit chance, the higher your skill, the more % increase it has towards scoring critical strikes, it should also affect healing numbers but has been reported by many to be bugged, haven't heard any change on that matter so I'd still assume it to be broken.

Teams with Synergy such as Goblins or undead are powerful, but only for certain circumstances, Undead for example are great for endurance and survivability for PvE encounters, but lack speed which is often essential for PVP, my advice is to experiment with heroes as find combinations that excel for specific tasks.

For the immediate time being I wouldn't say having Goblins/Undead/Shatter teams are essential, all of the starting heroes are powerful in their own right and you will steadily accumulate new heroes as you play.

There are various individuals who stream and create content for Dungeon boss but all of which that come to mind do so for late game content, there may be content available for begginers, but you'd have to look for it.

Joining a guild or community is a great way to get advice and can always rely on the forums if necessary.

Hope this helps,

:)
  • Click my banner for my Youtube channel :)
    Want to join Level Capped? | Line ID: ZOMBI.33 | Email: guildlevelcapped@gmail.com
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

In Dungeon Boss, the bar for leadership is 500 gems, nothing more.
    "im nog suppries abort that antonia." [sic] - aNxem0n
  • Wait... you still have a question don't you. The answer is that hammers are used to upgrade my dungeon which is unlocked at level 10.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Skill is effectively useless. So are resists, damage, and damage reduction. Go for Attack, Defense, Crit, and Dodge. There is no difference in whether the stat is in the primary or secondary slot of a rune, other than the primary slot is double the value of the secondary and tertiary slots.

Goblins and undead are great for high end PVE. The majority of the most difficult content in the game can be conquered by these two teams. However, shatter team (Icebloom, Icepick, Igorok, and pick one depending on situation Kai/Zen/Dhaegon/Stonefist) as well as anyone with a fast tag are essential for PVP while Gobs and Undead are practically useless.
  • edited November 2016
    echonap wrote: »
    Skill is effectively useless. So are resists, damage, and damage reduction. Go for Attack, Defense, Crit, and Dodge. There is no difference in whether the stat is in the primary or secondary slot of a rune, other than the primary slot is double the value of the secondary and tertiary slots.

Goblins and undead are great for high end PVE. The majority of the most difficult content in the game can be conquered by these two teams. However, shatter team (Icebloom, Icepick, Igorok, and pick one depending on situation Kai/Zen/Dhaegon/Stonefist) as well as anyone with a fast tag are essential for PVP while Gobs and Undead are practically useless.

Most of my main heroes are 40%-50% Crit due to Skill, I wonder how you got to the assumption that skill is useless. I agree with everything else :-)

• Most of my main heroes are 40%-50% Crit due to Skill, I wonder how you got to the assumption that skill is useless. I agree with everything else :-)

I said "effectively useless", meaning you are better off boosting crit directly rather than boosting skill for a much smaller crit increase.