Hero Spotlight: Shade the Dark Spirit

60pyn1du65ad.jpg

Background: Like most spirits, Shade isn’t terribly talkative, and Heroes everywhere are gossiping about who let the shade slip in. Light Heroes insist that he is the sinister henchman of the Boss of Darkness, but the Elves rebutted that everyone ought to be a little more welcoming. Shade himself lets the prattle pass through him, preferring to float around with the likes of Pontifex, Kobal, and Brom— the eternally undead just seem to get him, and in return he quietly amplifies their most powerful abilities. If Shade has a particular vendetta against Light Heroes, he isn’t overt about it… preferring instead to tacitly influence the balance of power. A master of subtlety! “Throwing shade,” I think kids these days are calling it.

Most Hated Hero: Ekko – He never met a light that he didn’t want to turn off.

Element
DARK: +30% bonus against LIGHT enemies.

Tags: Fast, Magical, Caster, Spirit

Traits:
  • FAST – Attacks First.
  • MYSTICAL – Boosted damage vs Tanks and Slow targets.
  • FEAR IMMUNE – This hero is immune to fear.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • HAUNTED PAST – Melee Spirit Attack on enemy that fears target and Haunts the enemy team, amplifying Dark damage dealt by x2.

Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Fire Evo: 15
  • Dark Evo Monarch: 38
  • Water Evo: 22
  • Shadow Evo: 2

NEW Trait!
  • MAGICAL – Reduces damage taken from non-physical attacks.
  • TURN A BLIND EYE – Immune to Taunt and Provoke.
  • MYSTICAL II – Boosted damage vs Tanks and Slow targets.

NEW Ability!
  • SPIRIT LINK – Reflects damage and debuffs to the target, steals healing and buffs from the target.

Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Water Evo: 42
  • Dark Evo Monarch: 33
  • Spirit Evo: 8
  • Runed Evo: 4

New Trait!
  • DARK SHROUD – Dark heroes on your team are dealt reduced damage and are immune to all debuffs for the first turn.
  • MYSTICAL III – Boosted damage vs Tanks and Slow targets.

New Ability!
  • POSSESSION – Resurrect a fallen Hero, resetting their cooldowns, to fight on your side. Lasts 3 turns, until Purged, or death.
Post edited by Joveth on
Tagged:

Comments

• awesome picture
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • edited November 2016
    Pleased to see reasonable evo requirements for ascension. Not bad.
    KashHatton
  • Um.. wow. Fast w/ fear immune, provoke immune, single target fear + 2x dark damage to all enemy heroes, and with FA, gives dark heroes Surf's Up + Debuff immunity for the first turn (when defensive units use all those skills).

This guy is insanely strong... like OP.. good luck stopping an Undead assault team now.
  • Well... time to tune up my undead team...
    Current Level: 70! King of the hill!
    IGN MooCopYT
    Shared Hero: Kira
    Favourite Hero: Mausta Kira (6* and runed up to 3k attack!)
    Officer in Spud Brigade
  • edited November 2016
    So when is Kozar going to be featured in the heroic portal? Probably soon methinks.
    Teal125
  • so Shade, Kobal, Kozar and Brom, who deal amplified dark damage and are immune to debuffs on the first turn, lord have mercy.
    Current Wishlist: Shade, the one hero I'm missing and have yet to ascend.

Proud member of Pact of Minds.

Kozar enthusiast.
  • well... OE just left my undead team...
  • Kai nervously looks on...his days of PVP menace seem numbered.
  • Lieto wrote: »
    Kai nervously looks on...his days of PVP menace seem numbered.

Surf's Up? Nope.. Surf's Down.
  • Basic attack is a classic spirit ranged attack?
    Andre4897
  • edited November 2016
    i have an awesome pvp team now.
    Leonidas, secret to eternal life
    Shade, possesion
    Pontifex Mortis, Reincarnate. Flesh incarnate.
    Emily, ressurection.
    i might keep hansuke instead of shade cause it isnt a permanent resurrect
    Post edited by CPUyellowHeart on
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • Another one who needs Runed and Spirit evos? i can't feed 'em all at once! i still have Pontifex and Malice left for that!
    seriusly, Spirit evos are just as rare as Bushido for me at this point.

that aside, i'm looking forward to this guy! i can already picture him and Kobal being bro's due to their shadowed faces.
  • Looks like he will be a VIP hero. If you click on his icon in the hero list it states he is available from VIP only. So maybe Kozar will be moving to heroic. That would make for some interesting decisions on what to do with gems if Kozar is featured in the heroic portal.
  • What's his basic ability called?
    And does he have 5 dark rune slots, like in the teaser?
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • HollandOrc wrote: »
    Another one who needs Runed and Spirit evos? i can't feed 'em all at once! i still have Pontifex and Malice left for that!
    Pontifex and Malice both don't even use Spirit evos, only Aria/Ekko/Shadowblade/Tsume/Yokozuna.
  • I can only imagine how good Shade will be when paired with the undead. just how shady are players going to be now. (*Laughs sinisterly with ponti & the Undead.)
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • Why is Nocturne doing here ?
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• remember guys masuta is ultimate counter to all undead so best say your prayers for shade vs masuta
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • edited November 2016
    Man i got very excited when i saw him, i even tested him out in the special dungeon! (which was hard) Until i saw that he was only in VIP summon, then i was just disappointed. :cry:
  • @Pile_of_paperclips same here but im going to a walmart with 200 dollars to buy a playstore card so i can get vip 5
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • edited November 2016
    Whoever had the bright idea of featuring the new hero in a PVE dungeon should consider a job change.

That's two attempts watching the Undead get slaughtered by first the light team, then the goblins. He's a terrible PVE hero. Just garbage.

Wasting stamina trying to get a **** Zen token.
  • Can Possession resurrect a fallen hero from the opposing side? This may be a dumb question, but it never specifies, and the description does say "to fight for your side," making it possibly seem like you could resurrect an enemy hero and it'll still fight for your side.
  • @jojos23 check the in-game description on the new hero tab in the events menu
  • so i just played the featured dungeon. and im exceedingly furious.
    1 why is brom in there i NEVER use brom on a dark or undead team. hes just not that type of hero to me.
    2. i would have prefered that overlord be there instead of brom (one slow hero is enough.)
    3. i would also have liked to see Dagrund in there instead of brom. because A hes dark, B he heals C he gives energy
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • jojos23 wrote: »
    Can Possession resurrect a fallen hero from the opposing side? This may be a dumb question, but it never specifies, and the description does say "to fight for your side," making it possibly seem like you could resurrect an enemy hero and it'll still fight for your side.

I just used Shade to possess the enemy Emily and she used ressurrect on my fallen ponti.
  • edited November 2016
    I just used Shade to possess the enemy Emily and she used ressurrect on my fallen ponti.
    ]Wow!

GalakSS
  • This guy is insane. Idk how much ill use him in pve. Seems like he could be pretty sweet on the undead team, if i hadnt already replaced OE with hansuke i might replace him with shade.

But in PvP i don't even understand. This is just insanity. Hes so op, even at 3*.
    centralcommand
  • What's the time frame for the shade token quests. How long do we have to finish them.
    Follow me on Twitch @Auraofsmiles
  • Pretty sure you have until Monday midday.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Pretty sure you have until Monday midday.

I hope so thank you I'm getting closer but won't finish tonight
    It's a lot of kills for 1 day. I did get all links done.
    Follow me on Twitch @Auraofsmiles