Hero Spotlight: Shade the Dark Spirit

Comments

• What Happens If The Hero That Shades Possessing Dies? Does Shade Die? Or Does The Possession Just Get Cut Short And It Go Back To Him?
  • Freakboy wrote: »
    What Happens If The Hero That Shades Possessing Dies? Does Shade Die? Or Does The Possession Just Get Cut Short And It Go Back To Him?

Just cuts possession short. He gets to keep buffs though.

• what if shade possesses a shade on turn 3 would he possess again :open_mouth:
  • @allanx thats actually a really good question
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • ZombiZombi Member
    edited November 2016
    Hi guys, I did a bit of a review for the new, hero, Shade - check it out...

Post edited by Zombi on
    Want to join Level Capped? | Line ID: ZOMBI.33 | Email: guildlevelcapped@gmail.com
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

In Dungeon Boss, the bar for leadership is 500 gems, nothing more.
    "im nog suppries abort that antonia." [sic] - aNxem0n
  • @Joveth so since Shade is full blown dark rune will other heroes be updated to be 'pure' in a away or is this hero the only one of his kind? becasue i would really like to see ekko a 'pure' light rune type hero.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • @Joveth so since Shade is full blown dark rune will other heroes be updated to be 'pure' in a away or is this hero the only one of his kind? becasue i would really like to see ekko a 'pure' light rune type hero.
    @CPUyellowHeart can't you just let some things surprise you when they come, instead of needing to know everything immediately.?
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • edited November 2016
    im a very curious person @Macopi
    besides that its interesting that shade is like a "pure" elemental hero, so im just curious is there WILL EVER be another hero like that, or a buffing to other older heroes to become "pure" type heroes. (=^-\n/-^=)
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    allanx wrote: »
    what if shade possesses a shade on turn 3 would he possess again :open_mouth:

That results in time and space imploding upon themselves.

Good thing Shade is Possess Immune!
  • I understand power creep and the need to make overpowered heroes to get cash. I get that this game is pay2win.

In the past there has been at least some pretense of balancing. Well, maybe not so much with Kai and Astrid, but at least there were counters.

But this guy is just ridiculous. Compare him to say shadowblade. He does comparable damage, but instead of Disease, he adds Fear.... AND a 100% damage booster to the entire team??
    Not only does he 1 shot any attacker first round, but sets up the rest of their team to lose before they can even act!

Compare to Leonidus who is NOT fast and his weak damage aoe laser only adds a 50% damage boost. And no fear.

You cant really compare all Ultimates and expect them to be balanced due to varying kits, but most Ults are at least somewhat comparable. Compare this to pretty much ANY single target Ultimate. Nimriel, Willow, and so on. Everyone else falls way beneath Shade.

Unlike Igorok who has a great Ult but mediocre secondaries, the rest of shade's kit is overpowered too.

Making the entire team immune to ALL debuffs? Really?!? Thats a passive? AND that clearly is NOT ENOUGH... give em a bunch of damage reduction too!

Spirit Link is also absurdly powerful.. ALL damage/debuffs go to enemy hero...AND steals all their healing?

I hope you make PVP rerolls cheaper because there will soon be an entire horde of "Untouchables".
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited November 2016
    I want to see a video of a team attacking a dark team defending with Shade on their side.. and winning.

Cause I don't see it happening without massive level / power differences on the attacking side.
  • edited November 2016
    @Warrrax
    the demons team might still be able to take down most teams that include kai ponitfex masuta and now shade.
    the demon team can take down the goblin gang in 2 turns no more no less. with one to no casualties.
    the demon team is Ella Tsume NItpick and Malice, but i prefer icepick to replace nitpick since he has a better damaging debuff.
    just give them all 2 ATK 2 DEF and 1 HP runes.
    and your set but its rec. (from me) to have the runes at least lesser great runes.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • Let's say it's demon team vs undead w/ Shade.

So Shade's fast, he fears one target, then debuffs the whole team team w/ 2x dark damage amplifier.

Then Ponti goes, and Chaos Storms w/ a 2x multiplier. Your demon team is dead.
  • yall don't realize that this is just a maybe-counter to the MASSIVE BUFF ember gives?
    With Kozar being free soon that means Kozar/Ember/Zen/MK is going to make up 90% of attacking teams and
    MK is still broken and will still take out your precious dark teams.
    not to mention that the only people who will have Shade are those who either
    A: Spend at least $100 for the VIP portal (not counting for the trash RNG of said VIP Portal)
    B: People who grind this event for ~12 In-game hours.

So no, this Hero isn't going to plague PVP, will they be strong? Definitely. will they break the game? Absolutely not.

Also its about time we get a good VIP hero. Julius was mediocre, Indigo sucked, Viperia is medicore, Kozar was great but not at lower stars and was only great thanks to runes.
  • allanx wrote: »
    So no, this Hero isn't going to plague PVP, will they be strong? Definitely. will they break the game? Absolutely not.
    Will he break the forums? Yes, I can already see all "please make Shade heroic" threads popping up!
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • allanx wrote: »
    Indigo sucked

She doesn't want to suck... she just tries and fails sometimes at the silence thing... and gets everyone killed. But it's a girl, so you have to forgive her, right??

• epicredcardepicredcard Member
    edited November 2016
    @Joel @Joveth I may just be missing something but shade's spirit link seems to be starting charged some matches and not others.
  • kalamadea wrote: »
    Let's say it's demon team vs undead w/ Shade.

So Shade's fast, he fears one target, then debuffs the whole team team w/ 2x dark damage amplifier.

Chaos storm is not a Dark attack so the multiplier does not apply.
  • @Joel @Joveth I may just be missing something but shade's spirit link seems to be starting charged some matches and not others.

Is Kobal on your team when this happens? He gives dark allies extra energy at the start of dungeons. Otherwise, I don't know...
  • edited November 2016
    Warrrax wrote: »
    AND a 100% damage booster to the entire team??

Making the entire team immune to ALL debuffs? Really?!? Thats a passive? AND that clearly is NOT ENOUGH... give em a bunch of damage reduction too!

100% damage boost, immunity to debuffs and damage reduction to dark allies only.
  • PharmBoss wrote: »
    kalamadea wrote: »

My level 48 5* fa ponti chaos storm hits for about 25k each after shades haunt.

The 2x damage is for all dark characters, any attack. My ponti's demon bolt critted for 47k with shades buff.

Hansthsr - Webmaster - The Empire (AoA)
    empireguilds.com
  • edited November 2016
    hansth wrote: »
    PharmBoss wrote: »
    kalamadea wrote: »

My level 48 5* fa ponti chaos storm hits for about 25k each after shades haunt.

The 2x damage is for all dark characters, any attack. My ponti's demon bolt critted for 47k with shades buff.
    This is correct, it's what I've been seeing too. Dunno if the ability is worded confusingly or its a bug but if a dark hero hits a haunted enemy their damage is multiplied by 2. It doesn't matter if it's actually a dark element attack or not.
    centralcommand
  • Looks evil............

I love it
    jg2nvhx3ow9e.png

IGN: deadfish3888
    Guild: LPC
    Power: 43085
    Dungeons completed: 484
    Dungeon Boss Discord Server!!!
    https://discord.gg/VAtc6G2
    JOIN!!!
  • I JUST UNLOCKED SHADE TODAY AND ASCENDED HIM YAY
    i just need the shadow evos and im set for final ascension
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 2016
    I think you're confused. Shadow evos are required for the first ascension. Final ascension is spirit and runed.

You must have done his final ascension first and saved the first ascension for later.
  • @FatCat69 is right, you need at least 33 Dark monarchs, 42 water evo's, 8 spirit evo's & 4 runed evo's for the final ascension.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • whoops sorry i went to dagrund after him
    (sorry i dont really use dark heroes much, hell i havent even ascended shadowblade, nor starred him wich is really sad)
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • edited November 2016
    @kalamadea thats why i choose my other team.
    Phemus, furnace icebloom and zen,
    enlighten phemus earthquake shade, kills him.
    then attaks ponti brings him to half ,
    furnace taunts,
    ponit storms,
    iceblooms let it snow heals zen and phemus,
    process repeats with all my team attacking ponitfez, forcing him to revive self, by that time the other 3 undead are dead due the high crit damage of my phemus, i have two legendary runes on him both have attack, one has crit chance and damage reduction, the other has spirit resistance, and attack damage all other runes are attack runes,
    in total my phemus has the 20% crit chance mult and about 8765 average basic attack damage his wild swing adds another 2k damage oneshotting basically anything but masuta (due to dodgeing) and furnace (due to abbs of steel)
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • Joveth wrote: »
    allanx wrote: »
    what if shade possesses a shade on turn 3 would he possess again :open_mouth:

That results in time and space imploding upon themselves.

Good thing Shade is Possess Immune!

The same applies for pretty much almost any spirit Immune hero (& Yes, I speak of ekko, he is possess Immune as well.)

I also wrote a guide on how shade can be utilised, It is also subject to change depending on the info that rises from the grave.

forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/51919/apocalyptic-guide-to-shade#latest
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • Havent had much problems with shade. Two teams seem to reliably take out dark teams.. Ember mk bd * and zen zurk rocky bramble

Not seeing what the fuss is. Don't play to his strengths, go with self buffs
    Maybe a few more pennies