I have to be doing something wrong with leveling.

First off hi ya'll, I wanted to ask a few questions because I'm a returning player after taking a year break and I'm a bit lost. I feel like I'm stuck at level 44 and my Xp gain is slim to none. I am actually stuck on the campaign until I get to 45 so I'm wondering is doing the campaign the fastest way to get xp? Also I have roughly 20 heroes to choose from but I only have maybe 5 that are 4 star or higher. How do I get this higher? I collect the little hero icons but I need a hundred of them to upgrade. I guess what I'm asking is , is there a guide that someone has made that sort of streamlines the grinding process. I get overwhelmed with having 20 characters then I have to have 20 each of 50 different egg things then I can only get certain ones only if it's a special week and the planets align. I then have to try and get runes now? I mean it feels like a constant bombardment of grinding but never any progress. Any help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• poppamurph wrote: »
    I mean it feels like a constant bombardment of grinding but never any progress.

Indeed.

anyway, there are various keys to the development of your roster, and their efficiency is different.
    DISCLAIMER: you might already know many of these, i'm just trying to put everything together to help other people as well

Stars: going from 1 to 6, they increase the base stats of your hero. To increase stars you need tokens (those little hero icons you see, one per dungeon).

Hero Level: goes from 1 to your Player level, can be increased through XP potions. it is particularly useful to raise this as it has a lot of potential to increase your heroes' stats. it was once computed that one star equals 3 levels worth of stats increase. therefore 45 level increases are more or less worth asmuch as 15 stars would be, but they're way easier to obtain.

Hero skills: they go from 1 to the Hero level. raising these makes them more effective, and costs gold. they bring no increase in stats, but will help your hero to deal more damage, gain better buffs, heal more, so on...

Hero ascension: every hero has 2 ascensions. obtaining these unlocks a new special skill and possibly some passive skills each time. to ascend your heroes, you'll need Evos (those colorful egg things). an ascension might also give a stat increase

Hero Epic: after 2nd ascension and after lvl 60, some heroes have the chance to unlock an Epic level, gaining a chance to strongly improve their basic attack, and gainig a permanent stat boost. epics have 12 levels and require quite a LOT of resources to upgrade. you'll get to this later.

Runes: as you have realized, since august you are able to equip runes on your heroes. runes can give a huge boost in stats, even 4-5 stars worth of stats. this means that an excellently runed 2 star character might compete with an averagely runed 6 star character.

A general comment on the above: you just got to the point where a F2P player can't keep up with all the upgrades. from now until level 70, you'll have to choose a bunch of your heroes to bring up, work on them and keep them fully developed. ask for advice in this because it can be a huge waste of resources. the following holds only for those heroes you'll decide to bring up. leave the rest at lvl 44.

Stars: try (really, do it) to get tokens everyday, use keys if you wanna go faster, run dungeons if you can afford it time-wise and you want to get a bunch of resources. i always gave priority to those heroes who have a little amount of farmable tokens (1 to 3), and to those i use the most in pvp (say torchy and tsume, at your level).

Hero level: as i said, choose a bunch of heroes (only the good ones you have, wait for the rest to appear in the portal) and level them up

Hero skills: skill up the heroes you level up

Ascension: of course you wanna ascend first those heroes you are levelling up. however, one more investment step is required here. evos tend to be scarce until the very end levels. therefore, you might wanna ask for advice on which speciaals are more valuable-urgent to obtain.

Hero Epic: you'll get here, and by then you'll know what to do. just disregard this in the meantime

Runes: This. this is a way you can make your heroes actually competitive. they require quite a lot of gold and gems, and also of celestial essence (obtained by squashing a celestial evo, which you well need now). however, there are few kinds of evos that are really abundant and easy to obtain, and that you'll soon have in exceedance (look for earth sisters, muscular, and few others). if this is the case, i suggest you to equip your characters with rare-improved runes (you can fin them in challenge mode, even at low levels. again, ask for advice on which kind of runes to equip on every character.

i hope this is it :)

TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • You can use the portal to get more tokens and raise the star ranking. Just make sure you star them up equally. Don't let fall one hero behind because the portals are "fixed". That is, once you have a 6* hero you still will get tokens for that hero from the portal but these tokens are converted into aether.
    Either start with Great summons or Honor summons. If you have 6* all Great summon heroes, continue with Honor summon heroes (or vice versa).

Great summons (gold):
    In the honor shop you can turn in 2x500 scrolls for 500,000 gold. 1 million gold spent in portal summons results in about 60 tokens. With gold from raids, tower of pwnage, Gold Island, "My dungeon", dungeon runs, and events you can earn 1 million every day. Save some gold (5-10 millions) for runes and to level up heroes if needed.

Honor summons (honor scrolls):
    Spend honor scrolls from raids, tower, friends. For 500 scrolls you get at least 3-4 tokens. Every now and then you'll get an unlock worth of 10-25 tokens. On top of that you will get rare celestial evos (the egg things ;) ), and loot keys and potions.

Heroic summons (gems needed):
    Save up 2,700 gems. Do a 10x summon only if a hero unlock is guaranteed to get that hero or tokens for it. Do a 10x (ten summons at once, not ten 1x summons). Do it if you want and need that hero.
    You want to have Goblin King Bramble for the Goblin team and Lord Zomm for the Undead team.
    Zen, Kozar, Astrid, Kai for raids.

Stamina and loot keys:
    Before you got to school/work/bed use quick loot to farm gold heroes: Life Reaper Brom, Phenol Toxican. Brom is excellent in Undead team. Phenol isn't that bad neither. Both can give you a good bunch of Aether once you have 6* them to buy raid tickets. Some events require a lot of raids.
    If you have time to play use a friend's hero for every dungeon run to get 30 honor scrolls.

It's recommended to level up only heroes that you need. If you have some gems and gold left you can craft runes. You want to have heroic and legendary runes. They need to be crafted. Common, Uncommon and Rare ones can be found in dungeons.

Hero xp (xp potions) is more important than player xp.
    melkio wrote: »
    Runes: This. this is a way you can make your heroes actually competitive. they require quite a lot of gold and gems, and also of celestial essence (obtained by squashing a celestial evo, which you well need now).
    Just saying: With the lastest update you no longer need evo essence for Improved runes. It's only required for Greater and Superior runes. At level 45 you will be fine with Improved runes. Boss mode/island (level 60+) will give you unlimited access to Greater runes.

• Schnuppe wrote: »
    You want to have heroic and legendary runes. They need to be crafted. Common, Uncommon and Rare ones can be found in dungeons.

In addition, heroic and legendary drop in special event dungeons, like the recent Goldiebeard hunt. Given the cost and difficulty of crafting rare and legendary, go hog wild when these events come up as they are the easiest way to get better runes.