Best Furnace Team?

The Furnace boosts Red and Armored heroes, so what's the best team to build around him? Astrid and Rogar seem like good choices, but who next? Igorok? Hansuke? Squinch?

I've had pretty good luck with Astrid, Rogar, and Hansuke. I'm going to try Igorok, too. My squinch is not built up very much.

Who else has made a successful Furnace team? What works? What am I overlooking?

Comments

• Sadly, I don't have any useful input... Other than this:

Rogar is never a good choice. :/

Signed: Rogar's #1 hater

P.-S. Good question though. I recently got Furnace so I'd be interested to know as well.

• I know everyone says Rogar isn't in the top tier, he has done yeoman's work for me since day one. I only use him when I need an all-red team or with The Furnace on an armored team, and he really doesn't seem bad. Whirlwind does its job, Skull Cracker is good for finishing fighters off, and Rage Strike, if the fight lasts that long and an enemy still has a lot of hits, saves the day. His glaring fault is that he doesn't boost anyone else.

But if there's someone who should take his place I'd love to hear about it.
  • edited December 2016
    @RocketBopper
    So for PVP i use Furnace, Ember, Ignus the Mad, and SHieldmaiden Astrid.
    Furnace has legacy of flame, gives 15% to ATK HP and DEF. 10% to CRIT and CRIT chance, Ember because her atk buff is no joke, plus she provides double healing to fire allies. Ignus has Fire Crusade, increase to CRIT and SKIL of fire members. Astrid has armored. so she gains DWARVEN FORGE. and Cloth Gaurdian III, provides 50% increase to DEF of castor and healer allies.

the trick is reading the passives for elemental teams you wish to build
    like for instance, the best nature team is totally unexpected.
    Nubnub, provides 2x DEF and ATK with second ability for nature allies.
    willow swift gives 15% hp to all nature allies
    rocky provides 25% increase to CRIT chance with Nature's Fury II
    Tsume adds and extra 15% buff to ATK for all Nature Allies.

im not sure for a dark and water team. not enough stats passives in those elements. but for light i know what heroes to use but unfortunately i dont have one of the needed heroes to build it. it goes like this
    Leonidas, avatar of light, light allies are immune to dark elemental bonuses.
    Zen, light heart, in crease to HP of light allies.
    BLACK Diamond, increase CRIT and CRIT chance by 15% to light allies.
    Aria grants extra 15% dodge chance to light allies.

i hope i shed some light upon your situation.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • The Furnace boosts Red and Armored heroes, so what's the best team to build around him? Astrid and Rogar seem like good choices, but who next? Igorok? Hansuke? Squinch?

I've had pretty good luck with Astrid, Rogar, and Hansuke. I'm going to try Igorok, too. My squinch is not built up very much.

Who else has made a successful Furnace team? What works? What am I overlooking?

Jabber
  • If by "team" you mean a PvE team...I feel he requires Dagrund on his team as the only hero that can heal him. He is often used in PvP (mostly defense) and there are a few spots he shines in for PvE but I generally like Yoko or Stonefist if I want to bring a tank. It is just too limiting to have to bring Dagrund along with Furnace.

For PvP, he is a standout tank since he cannot be one shot.
    Teal125
  • Furnace... Nitpick is never a bad combo, since he gives another %15 atk to fire.

I would say situational, but Furnace +

(Pick 3)
    Ember
    Astrid
    Torchy
    Nitpick

• @CPUyellowHeart ember is 3x , not double, healing to fire allies
  • edited December 2016
    @iphonesheep sorry i havent used my fire team ina while ever since i got astrid FA so i swapped ember out for her instead
    @kalamadea torchy is too squishy for me to have with furnace. sure you can HP the **** out of him with runes. but he just doesnt make it past round one in pvp offense. so id definetly go with ember nitpciky and astrid.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • A fun team (if you have torchy's epic) is Ember Torchy Furnace Pignius.
  • It's all good
  • WarrraxWarrrax Member
    edited December 2016
    Don't just consider Furnace's buffs.

For example, Astrid is a shoo in due to being red and armored. And OP. She also buffs Healer/Caster dudes herself.

So the addition of Augustus for example would benefit from 50% defense buff from her, AND armored buffs from Furnace.
    Ember is Red and Healer thus would also get double benefits.

Note that it also depends on your objective for the team. For PVE, Furnace IS a tank after all... the goal is for him to soak up hits while the others do somthing nasty. So having a bunch of defensive guys even with synergy maybe is not the best use.
    So instead, you add Astrid, Ponti and Nitpick. You still get good synergies, AND your team has a lot of punch.

Another PVE thought is that healing him is nice. Dagrund can heal him every 2nd round by energy buffing himself and using the 3rd ability on Furnace to boost his max health and heal him. Dagrund also gets buffed by Astrid and buffs casters so Ponti is likely a good 4th member or some other mage.

In PVP it doesnt matter. Whole team gets 1 shotted by OP Shade,Zen,Kozar anyways. Furnace is left to do nothing useful and get ground down.
  • I know everyone says Rogar isn't in the top tier, he has done yeoman's work for me since day one. I only use him when I need an all-red team or with The Furnace on an armored team, and he really doesn't seem bad. Whirlwind does its job, Skull Cracker is good for finishing fighters off, and Rage Strike, if the fight lasts that long and an enemy still has a lot of hits, saves the day. His glaring fault is that he doesn't boost anyone else.

But if there's someone who should take his place I'd love to hear about it.

The thing is rogar is a bad hero because of his stats.

They are terible and he has Only 2 traits wich is one of the badest if he is not the badest of the all.
  • Furnace - Bauble - Emily - Solaris
    That ought to be fun for a while.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • ckall056 wrote: »
    Furnace - Bauble - Emily - Solaris
    That ought to be fun for a while.

Hopper X Lilly Viperia.
    That while will be two rounds.
  • You guys are way late.
  • dude the question is still viable as always

anyway in my personal opinion the best furnace team is:

furnace-bauble-dagrund-koros/solaris
  • I find that Valkin-Furnace-Bauble-Emily works pretty well.

On paper, Astrid would make more sense than Valkin, but Valkin is such a powerful and versatile attacker that he seems more successful in this slot.
  • LordCJLordCJ Member
    Personally, I use Furnace, Yasmin, Drakk and Archangel Emily.
    Probably not that good but it works for me
  • LordCJ wrote: »
    Personally, I use Furnace, Yasmin, Drakk and Archangel Emily.
    Probably not that good but it works for me

*necro*
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    *necro*
    Who cares! Meta is changing all the time.

If people love using Furnace and want to post their updated team roster into an old post about it, so be it!
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 72 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    *necro*
    Who cares! Meta is changing all the time.

If people love using Furnace and want to post their updated team roster into an old post about it, so be it!

Touche. Generally people will make a new post for a new meta. ;)
  • L0rdL33tL0rdL33t Member
    edited May 8
    I tech furnace into my team whenever I need somebody to make sure the enemy agnon doesn’t sky drop Therand. Furnace is ironically very good at eating Agnon’s attacks, only 20% damage garunteed! He also takes no damage from terrorstorm, so that’s a plus.
  • L0rdL33t wrote: »
    I tech furnace into my team whenever I need somebody to make sure the enemy agnon doesn’t sky drop Therand. Furnace is ironically very good at eating Agnon’s attacks, only 20% damage garunteed! He also takes no damage from terrorstorm, so that’s a plus.

Remember don't rune him to health and defense, just skill for reduced damage cap and attack runes, once I battled a construct team and his agnon only took damage by 8% or less... All I know is that was a very slow battle, I bet his strat was to kill me with boredom.
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...