[Day 14 Update] Winterfest is Here! PLUS, Day 14 Unlock Bonuses

Comments

• Playing hard won't help you here as you can only buy one gold key with wreaths. Seems Xmas is all about the money..
  • The Tower of Pwnage isn't giving out wreaths for completion as stated above.

You have to start a new holiday tower.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • It looks like a great event guys, well thought out !

My only complaint though is the pricing and the wreath ratio..... It's almost impossible to get a skin or gold key just by playing the game. Could we see a tweak in pricing or wreath ratio?
  • Can I save my quests from day one til I have my quests from day 2 unlocked at the same time? And then do all of the quests at once?

Theoretically, can I have 12 days of quests all stacked up at once or will they expire?
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Are the amount of GG tokens for using gold key, silver key, and bronze key the same each day? I'd hate to use a gold key on day 3 and find out on day 7 that the gold key is worth 100 GG tokens that day...
  • nez1k1ae3s5r.png

Every time I try to collect the keys from my mailbox, I get an error code. (That makes two of us @nunya.)
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • Joel wrote: »
    RandomUser wrote: »
    Although it seems like a great event to me I think that the items in the shop are seriously overpriced if one concerns that PVE dungeons aren't nearly infinitely rerunable because there are no stamina-dropping "pumpkins" (presents, whatsoever). If I just calculate the amount of wreaths I could get if I spent every point of stamina I had it would be ~ 250 stamina a day + 175 from the tower which accumulates to 425 stam. Which is 85 dungeon runs which is on average (15,20,30 ~ average 22) 85*22 = 1870 + 12 * 90 from PvP + sometimes ToP = ca 3000 wreaths a day when one doesnt miss anything out. 3000 * 14 = 42000... That's not even enough to get a single skin. Am I overseeing something?

You're not accounting for quests, special event dungeons, and other bonuses that will be happening over the course of the event. Trust me, there'll be more than enough wreaths to go around. :)

If that means that those special dungeons and bonuses accumulate for the 5000 wreaths one has to pay to even unlock them plus something for the skin... I'd be more than happy, but I'm afraid this won't be the case... I'll put my faith in you dear Sir!

Also, is there no chance to get presents this time? I wasn't naughty all year c:
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The key collecting issue should now be resolved. Thanks for your patience, and enjoy Winterfest!
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • edited December 2016
    AceyNB wrote: »
    The Tower of Pwnage isn't giving out wreaths for completion as stated above.

You have to start a new holiday tower.

Of course. It's perfectly clear. Now that I just ran the Tower I just lost the wreaths because I didn't use a key in the door first. So annoyed.

• I think we need a bit of a q & a on this event. It's a little confusing.
  • It is resolved for me. Thanks!
    10328949?gid=

• I didn't even get a boss mail containing any keys. Even after restarting the game. @Joveth @Joel
  • Will we able to loot wreaths from honour summons too??
  • Does a "day" on the calendar start at midnight or at 3 pm CST, or...?
  • EnervateEnervate Member
    edited December 2016
    So because the keys in the mailbox were broken and no one could accept them, can something be done for the people who already completed the tower?

@DirtySancheeze @Joel @Joveth
  • Enervate wrote: »
    So because the keys in the mailbox were broken and no one could accept them, can something be done for the people who already completed the tower?

Which keys in the mailbox? :o
    edited December 2016
    In the mail that says "Welcome to Winterfest," you're given keys. The problem is that everyone and their mothers received an error code when they tried to redeem it.
  • Not everyone got that mail yet... :(
    Alargan wrote: »
    Will we able to loot wreaths from honour summons too??

No, but there will be plenty of other places to get them!
    heeler wrote: »
    Does a "day" on the calendar start at midnight or at 3 pm CST, or...?

3pm CST.
    Thyral wrote: »
    I didn't even get a boss mail containing any keys. Even after restarting the game. @Joveth @Joel

If you're not playing the game in English, you should be getting your keys shortly.
    edited December 2016

Thyral wrote: »
    Not everyone got that mail yet... :(

I'm not surprised. There are always glitches when a new event comes out, which is understandable. It's just so hard to wait when there's a Nightmare Before Christmas event right before that hypes it up. I really hope the devs rectify everything
  • Thanks for the quick response Joel.
  • two questions:

1. events quests are linked to door and not day, right? So opening door one will give same quests no matter what day ?
    2. Will door two rewards be visible even if door one hasn't been unlocked?
  • 2 questions:

First, I'm going to have to miss a day or two during a move, can I make up the lost doors (I understand I may miss some quests) afterwards and "catch up"?

Second. requiring us to finish the tower on the first day's quest leaves me out (and I'm sure many lower level players.)

Don't forget those who aren't maxed yet, please...
  • phontonx wrote: »
    So, if I play hard and get 1 gold key for each door every day, and use that gold key, there is no way to have any gold keys left over for the "surprise" joveth mentioned.

It would be nice to know what the surprise is and how many keys and/or wreaths we might need for this surprise so we can decide how many keys and wreaths we want to save.

You can only get 1 gold key from what I've gathered :( Unless you buy that is. No matter how hard you play, 1 gold key is it.

azgame12
  • On a sidenote: I would be willing to spend real money on the game, but 48€ for just 5 keys...? That's more than I bought the whole Witcher 3 for :o
    sirtainly wrote: »
    2 questions:

First, I'm going to have to miss a day or two during a move, can I make up the lost doors (I understand I may miss some quests) afterwards and "catch up"?

Second. requiring us to finish the tower on the first day's quest leaves me out (and I'm sure many lower level players.)

Don't forget those who aren't maxed yet, please...

1. "AH! I just found out about this amazing event! What if I join in the 7th day of the event…do I miss out on the earlier quests and rewards?
    Nope! You’ll be able to unlock each door and finish quests up to the 7th day!"

Same thing if you miss a day.

2. There are still 13 days worth of Winterfest to get plenty of wreaths. :)

azgame12 wrote: »
    phontonx wrote: »
    So, if I play hard and get 1 gold key for each door every day, and use that gold key, there is no way to have any gold keys left over for the "surprise" joveth mentioned.

It would be nice to know what the surprise is and how many keys and/or wreaths we might need for this surprise so we can decide how many keys and wreaths we want to save.

You can only get 1 gold key from what I've gathered :( Unless you buy that is. No matter how hard you play, 1 gold key is it.

Yes, but there's a LOT of value behind those bronze and silver doors. Trust me, nobody is leaving Winterfest empty-handed. :)

• Renly wrote: »
    nunya wrote: »
    Guys. I want to like this event. But, right now I just find it confusing. :(. I don't mind buying some keys. But, I really don't like guessing games. Hopefully it will get better soon. Because Halloween was awesome, and last Christmas was also.

Agreed. There's too much up in the air, and it seems too unforgiving to try and figure the event out as you go. I'll wait for more answers/clarification before using any keys.

Also, who thought it was a good idea to put a Tower quest on the first day of an extremely convoluted event - knowing (1) a lot of people would've already completed it before the event went live and (2) people wouldn't inherently know the tower quest only went live once the first door was unlocked. C'mon man!

I didn't unlock the first door so far and got 110 wreathes for completing a floor?
  • @joveth I did the tower and received wreaths for completing each floor but the top of the tower did not have the new hero. Am I missing something? Also do we have to pick one the three doors gold, silver or bronze?