[Day 14 Update] Winterfest is Here! PLUS, Day 14 Unlock Bonuses

Comments

• Joveth wrote: »
    @Joveth Thank you for the awesome event! Lots of complaints going around, and yes it could be better, but in the end I'm just happy for free stuff ^_^

Could you please clarify what is meant by 2x tokens? Is that bonus only applied to tokens gained from dungeons, or is it from all sources (extra winterfest doors, tokens bought from the shop, tokens from portals, etc)?

2X tokens, just like any of our previous events, are for campaign dungeons

Okay. I just downloaded this game a few weeks ago so I wasn't aware.
    Thank you for the quick response!

• This thread is the blockbuster hit of the new year.

giphy.gif
  • JaiJai Member
    edited January 1
    @Joveth could you take a look at my account for the gg tokens missing, 4 in total - Jaizm
    logo.png

• VududVudud Member
    For how long will last winterfest frenzy???
  • Thx db team,for the gg tokens
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    bozzking wrote: »
    @ joveth & Joel my gg is sitting @ 246 tokens the reason being,when we had the pvp bounty hunter event,come on guys I myself & many others that are loyal to db,hope that u guys get this straightened out.

We've sent out the correct amount of tokens to those folks who have unlocked the doors with Grog-Gnog tokens with gold keys. You should now have your 6 star hero!
  • Thanks @Joveth . Happy holidays. By the way, I asked earlier but I want to ask again, is the tower wreath quest supposed to only grant 110 wreaths per stage at 70? Seems way low.
  • VududVudud Member
    @Joveth hi.. Im to missing 4 tokens for gg and didnt receive the missing tokens... will recieve by mail? When?
    For how long thw wintefest frenzy will last?
  • SorenSoren Member
    edited January 2
    Bonus Door number 8 - is it 20 for all dark materials?

Only Improved (Pyre and Grave) and Lesser (Mushroom and Abyssal Crystal) are listed but then on the confirm purchase screen it should 20 for each like it did for the similar doors in the Winterfest Calendar

@Joveth @Joel
  • Doesn't show how long we will have to open all the bonus doors. When is it over?
  • Tuesday midday.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    lythstihl wrote: »
    Honestly to fix this we need a reasonable chance to get roughly 300,000 wreaths total before the end (maybe more it depends on what tokens have shown up in the shop for each person and what skins from last year they still need and if they purchased any gold keys if they didn't purchase any I think its actually 50K more than I said just to get all silver keys) and that doesn't include what we need for the bonus event. It seems most people who hit the event hard were in the 120K to 140K range before this fix went in. It doesn't seem like enough to close the gap with the time that is left.

I don't think the devs ever intended for each player to get EVERY reward from the shop. While I agree wreaths were not given fairly enough, the devs intention surely was never to allow players enough wreaths to get absolutely everything. When has it ever been, and how is that good business?

As a player you have to decide what you value and want from the shop. You don't need skins, for example, but possibly higher level players who have already 6starred most heroes will get them because they won't buy tokens. You have to prioritize. While I wish I had more wreaths, I am grinding PvP now for more and will easily have enough for the silvers keys I need, as well as all tokens and probably some other additional things.

Much of this depends on what you need, if you have most of the heroes 6* you don't need many tokens but if you do its a tease. Not to mention the other stuff currently available. As someone else said the Halloween event and the Nightmare Before Winterfest (Halloween 2) let you do it though to get the first days stuff was tough. All I have to go by is the blue posts which swore this would be a generous event as follows:
    Joel wrote: »
    You're not accounting for quests, special event dungeons, and other bonuses that will be happening over the course of the event. Trust me, there'll be more than enough wreaths to go around. :)

The problem is there isn't close to enough wreaths to go around. Lets say you had the wreaths I had before the recent increase which was around 135K, I bought gold keys so I didn't have to get as many keys in the shop but lets say I was FTP and didn't. To get the single gold key and 17 silver keys to open all the Grog doors with either gold or silver to at least get the new hero and 10 bronze keys to open the rest of the doors would be 130K wreaths. Lets not forget one of the gold doors I opened awarded 15 or 20K in wreaths (can't remember). So a dedicated player would have to essentially spend everything earned through day 12 of the 14 day event just to open the doors let alone buy ANYTHING in the shop. This event was not generous and required way too much money to be spent to get the cool things in the shop. Assuming I don't buy any more gold keys with money and buy the free gold and the rest of my keys as silver, just to open the rest of the doors I think I will need to spend around 85K wreaths which leaves me enough to buy the one skin they let us buy with wreaths if I choose to but pretty much nothing else.

How is this event fun and fair to the players?

I am really tired of people like you, noobs complaining about every event that is implemented. This Game is supposed to provide a great advantage to players Who spend money ingame. However It Also gives free stuff to rest players.

I dont pay in this Game and i have received lots of free stuff just being wise. Spending 35k wreiths to get 1 gold key? No way. That is meant for people spending money in game. Instead, i bought many silver Keys for 5k wraiths to get quite good stuff. In addition, sometimes Game rewarded you with a gold key if u won raids competitions, So just taking top 1 i got several gold Keys. And just in case you complain about my post saying that I have to waste gems to do more raids, yep, i did, but just finishing my tower, i get 275 daily gems, enough to spam raids. Any player can get this.

You are a lazy player who dont even try to think a way to make sure you get the most of this event, so you dont have the right to complain in this post. People like you just cry and think you have to get the same as the players Who pay in this Game. You are an offense for wise players like me Who dont use money in dungeons Boss.

PD: devs, you made a great effort this event and It SAS the funniest one i have enjoyed so far.
    Honestly to fix this we need a reasonable chance to get roughly 300,000 wreaths total before the end (maybe more it depends on what tokens have shown up in the shop for each person and what skins from last year they still need and if they purchased any gold keys if they didn't purchase any I think its actually 50K more than I said just to get all silver keys) and that doesn't include what we need for the bonus event. It seems most people who hit the event hard were in the 120K to 140K range before this fix went in. It doesn't seem like enough to close the gap with the time that is left.

I don't think the devs ever intended for each player to get EVERY reward from the shop. While I agree wreaths were not given fairly enough, the devs intention surely was never to allow players enough wreaths to get absolutely everything. When has it ever been, and how is that good business?

As a player you have to decide what you value and want from the shop. You don't need skins, for example, but possibly higher level players who have already 6starred most heroes will get them because they won't buy tokens. You have to prioritize. While I wish I had more wreaths, I am grinding PvP now for more and will easily have enough for the silvers keys I need, as well as all tokens and probably some other additional things.

Much of this depends on what you need, if you have most of the heroes 6* you don't need many tokens but if you do its a tease. Not to mention the other stuff currently available. As someone else said the Halloween event and the Nightmare Before Winterfest (Halloween 2) let you do it though to get the first days stuff was tough. All I have to go by is the blue posts which swore this would be a generous event as follows:
    You're not accounting for quests, special event dungeons, and other bonuses that will be happening over the course of the event. Trust me, there'll be more than enough wreaths to go around. :)

The problem is there isn't close to enough wreaths to go around. Lets say you had the wreaths I had before the recent increase which was around 135K, I bought gold keys so I didn't have to get as many keys in the shop but lets say I was FTP and didn't. To get the single gold key and 17 silver keys to open all the Grog doors with either gold or silver to at least get the new hero and 10 bronze keys to open the rest of the doors would be 130K wreaths. Lets not forget one of the gold doors I opened awarded 15 or 20K in wreaths (can't remember). So a dedicated player would have to essentially spend everything earned through day 12 of the 14 day event just to open the doors let alone buy ANYTHING in the shop. This event was not generous and required way too much money to be spent to get the cool things in the shop. Assuming I don't buy any more gold keys with money and buy the free gold and the rest of my keys as silver, just to open the rest of the doors I think I will need to spend around 85K wreaths which leaves me enough to buy the one skin they let us buy with wreaths if I choose to but pretty much nothing else.

I am really tired of people like you, noobs complaining about every event that is implemented. This Game is supposed to provide a great advantage to players Who spend money ingame. However It Also gives free stuff to rest players.

I dont pay in this Game and i have received lots of free stuff just being wise. Spending 35k wreiths to get 1 gold key? No way. That is meant for people spending money in game. Instead, i bought many silver Keys for 5k wraiths to get quite good stuff. In addition, sometimes Game rewarded you with a gold key if u won raids competitions, So just taking top 1 i got several gold Keys. And just in case you complain about my post saying that I have to waste gems to do more raids, yep, i did, but just finishing my tower, i get 275 daily gems, enough to spam raids. Any player can get this.

You are a lazy player who dont even try to think a way to make sure you get the most of this event, so you dont have the right to complain in this post. People like you just cry and think you have to get the same as the players Who pay in this Game. You are an offense for wise players like me Who dont use money in dungeons Boss.

PD: devs, you made a great effort this event and It SAS the funniest one i have enjoyed so far.

What level are you? The tournaments have been brutal because the gold keys were up for grabs. In some tourneys, 300 gems a day is not enough to get first. Also, I thought the person you replied to said they were not ftp, but indeed bought some keys?

I understand what you're saying and the devs have been generous with events, I agree. I think the problem here is that we were all promised something that fell flat throughout the event. There were many complaints and feedback going on in the forums, from ftp to big-spenders, and the devs did not acknowledge the majority of the posts. The quests were supposed to reward the majority of our wreathes apparently, but when there are no new quests for days, that pisses people off.

Also, as a ftp player, shouldn't you be able to empathize with limited resources? This was a +2-week long event. There was definitely going to be a shortage of stamina and gems. That's why the stamima pack, Ella's Honor, etc. sold. ;)

I think it has been mentioned often enough. The problem with the event wasn't the lack of rewards, those were great! It was more a mix of a lack of quests (basically nothing to do all day, players who play DB want to grind :p) and the disgustingly overcosted skins that we were hyped up before...
  • @joel @joveth can u let us get free golden key or at least let us buy 1 more as a closing for this winterfest event..thx
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • Probably too late to make a difference. Many of us have already opened most, if not all of the final 14 doors.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Yah i know but it will still be nice if they give us gold key to spend for bonus door
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • Where the hell are my 20 tokens @Joel @Joveth
    Zodiac4EVA

• Some of you should really get some manners.
    IGN: Xanathra
  • @Silvanus If you want to say something, then go ahead and actually say it. Who should get some manners?
  • WalkinDude wrote: »
    @Silvanus If you want to say something, then go ahead and actually say it. Who should get some manners?

Anybody that finds it impossible to not offend other people when talking in a forum about a GAME.
    IGN: Xanathra
  • edited January 2
    @lythstihl you let a child get under your skin, come on now. After that tower sentence, I was done with that post.
  • @Joveth When does the event end?
  • Tuesday. Midday.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Tuesday midday.

Still. ;)
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • heelerheeler Member
    Just here to say that I liked the event. It was a nice pace for a holiday. Not too intense, but enough new stuff to do most days. It was fun having different things to do, gave the guild some things to chat about. Cool new hero. Everyone likes to complain, and I have complained plenty over the past year myself, so it was past time to say: good job. (Halloween event was awesome, too!)
  • Anyone figure out the winter fest title thing?
    Was it just a random yay you did it?
    Says you unlock a title but couldn't find it nor achievement anywhere

I thoroughly enjoyed this event.
    Was a bit bored for 85% of the 2 weeks but rewards I got trough grinding what was available made me very happy.

Only idea for next time maybe add a continuous quest or something to keep us busy during downtime. Nothing complicated just a simple repeatable for 2 like during guild games for a couple wreaths/forms/EVOS/gold
    Hell even hammers lol just to pass the time.
    Follow me on Twitch @Auraofsmiles
  • I opened all the bonus doors and the title reward popped up with a grats message yesterday, but for the life of me I cannot find the title in my titles...... my gf got it today and checked and hers is right at the bottom . I still cannot find mine even after reloading the game numerous times