[Day 14 Update] Winterfest is Here! PLUS, Day 14 Unlock Bonuses

1222324252628»

Comments

• At least this event gave us the most entertaining thread of 2016. Onto the next year!
    Andre4897
  • Lol the forum rage was real indeed.
    Only issue I had entire event was boredom and shiitake skin not being available to me
    He's so cute I cry on missed opportunity

• Thought I'd post a screenshot of all bonus doors open If that helps any. Checked many times since they opened can't find the achievement that popped up nor the title that it showed on screen upon unlocking all doors.

• EnervateEnervate Member
    edited January 3
    @Joveth @Joel

Aren't power runes supposed to have attack as their base stat? ccyhjkk2488a.png

This says I should get a fire rune with bonus attack, damage, and bonus damage in pvp.

qfiu5o1cuu53.png

The picture of the rune doesn't match that description. There is no bonus damage in pvp and the base stat is apparently damage. O_o

1fbpwsjurup9.png

I opened up the door with a silver key anyway, thinking it was just a visual glitch since the one for the gold door seemed right. I think this is the rune I received because it's the only fire power rune I have with damage as the base stat.

Not only are my rune's stats slightly off from what I was apparently supposed to get, but there is no bonus damage in pvp stat!
  • Same thing that happened to @Enervate happened to me as well, talked about it in the previous page. Will this be somehow fixed or do we just report it directly to customer support?
    IGN: Xanathra
  • Any response to this joel/joveth. I am sure many pot8no8zt7q9d.png
    layers feel ripped off of 100 gg tokens when you said he would not be available after the event for a while. If we had known he was coming this oon many people would have held pff unlocking him for the 100 tokens unlock.
  • AlysonAlyson Member
    Pls do something to fix the issue with the Winterfest Boss title, me and many other ppl opened all the 28 doors,got the title, and few hours later it disappeared.
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Alyson wrote: »
    Pls do something to fix the issue with the Winterfest Boss title, me and many other ppl opened all the 28 doors,got the title, and few hours later it disappeared.

we're looking into this! thanks for letting us know.
  • I bought and tried on the Rogar Santa skin. When I go into a dungeon, Skull Cracker has wait 2 and Rage Strike has wait 7. It is the same whether I have the skin on or not. Am I doing something wrong?
  • jc1jc1 Member
    Post event wrap up of wreath purchases: Grog gnog unlock plus 100 gg tokens, 300+ heroic tokens for other heroes, 1 skin, 1st ascension materials for Grog, 3 or 4 heroic summon pulls, a few million gold, 3 greater runes.

Opened all 28 doors, half bronze, 2 gold, rest silver.

On top of the wreath purchases, I got tons of good runes, xp potions and hero xp from the event dungeons and a good number of heroic token drops. Plus everything you normally get from playing 14 days.

I count this as a very good event for me.
  • edited January 3
    i earned both titles of winterwest YES so happy
    for those who dont know how to equip their winterfest title fo to your profile and click change title scroll to the very bottem and youll see your winter title
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • i earned both titles of winterwest YES so happy
    for those who dont know how to equip their winterfest title fo to your profile and click change title scroll to the very bottem and youll see your winter title

Don't see mine. I opened all 28 doors.
  • I'm not going to go on a long rant - but Winterfest is seriously making me consider quitting, all it did was make me feel anxious about every choice and in the end I didn't open 12 of the last doors because I was tired of having to choose which 1 to pick knowing that I no matter what I did, short of spending hundreds of dollars on gold keys, I would be losing out on something else I may have wanted.

It just wasn't fun.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited January 3
    That seems a little silly. You couldn't decide whether you wanted to spend hundreds of dollars or didn't? Because I decided very early on that I wouldn't be spending the money, which made the later decisions much much easier.

I knew I had one (eventually two) gold key(s) to spend and every decision from there out was whether I wanted to burn 1000 wreaths or whether a door was worth the extra 4K.

I think I ended up using 4 bronze keys in total. Everything else ended up being easy to afford in the end (with the payout increase) but it was looking pretty tight there for quite a while.

Even being F2P for this event I ended up with a 4* Grog-Gnog at 25/150. I bought tons of materials, all the totems, all the tokens, got a bunch of nice runes, tons of gold, 2x materials for a little over a week, and aside from being kinda aimless/bored for much of the 14 days, I am definitely richer for having participated.
  • AlysonAlyson Member
    Joveth wrote: »
    Alyson wrote: »

we're looking into this! thanks for letting us know.

ty for fixing it ^^

• lOI0IOllOI0IOl Member
    edited January 4
    I held off on unlocking grog gnog until a day before he was featured in the vip portal because I was waiting to possibly get 100 unlock tokens. I have access to the vip portal because I've supported this game however, I'm pissed. What should be a 5 star grog gnog is a 4 star grog gnog because winterfest was ending and there was NO hint he would be featured in a portal. In fact when you click on him all it said was tokens available during event quests or winterfest or something, basically misleading.
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    lOI0IOl wrote: »
    I held off on unlocking grog gnog until a day before he was featured in the vip portal because I was waiting to possibly get 100 unlock tokens. I have access to the vip portal because I've supported this game however, I'm pissed. What should be a 5 star grog gnog is a 4 star grog gnog because winterfest was ending and there was NO hint he would be featured in a portal. In fact when you click on him all it said was tokens available during event quests or winterfest or something, basically misleading.

We've previously responded to this and let folks know that that was an error and that we believe he only appeared for a small percentage of players. But, as with any of our Heroes, he may or may not appear in the portal in the future.
  • Maybe I'm being overly dramatic, perhaps it's just burn out – I'll take some time off and see if that changes things.

@FatCat69 I know you've gone back-and-forth on your opinion of this event - what's made you reconsider it to be a positive event?
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited January 4
    I think part of it was the "Gone Caroling" redux -- which was a nasty grind given that we only had 24 hours do to it. And I got to step 19 when time ran out. Quest was fine, just cramming in a 20 step quest involving 2 PVP wins every other part was just too much.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited January 4
    kalamadea wrote: »
    @FatCat69 I know you've gone back-and-forth on your opinion of this event - what's made you reconsider it to be a positive event?

I initially was trying to be positive. I wanted to give it a chance because I recognized it was a two week event and might need some time to build. I really wasn't a fan of the nasty, direct attacks and demands being made of Joveth and Joel.

Midway through the event, it became evident that it really was never going to pick up or change in tempo. I wasn't a fan of that because the initial reward levels were just too low and the lack of quests on a daily basis just made for a BOOOOOORING event. Especially dissatisfied because it just seemed like there weren't enough wreaths to be had -- the whole thing was basically a non-event, because there might have been stuff in the shop to buy but there just wasn't significant means to buy them.

The bitter taste began to dissipate near the end, when they finally upped the drop rate for wreaths. And even more relieved when the 14 doors finally appeared. Wasn't entirely over it because there still wasn't a ton to do, but at least there was currency to spend.

So I can't be entirely negative about it. I ended up taking home a ton of materials, gold, stamina, some nice runes, and a brand new hero. And I recognized that they were trying to build an event that you could engage with on your own schedule -- so that people who were busy with family over the holidays could pick and choose when to focus on the game and could stack up multiple "events" at once. But at the same time I can't be entirely positive about it because it was for large stretches very boring, with nothing to do in game. Just needed more quests throughout and more wreaths at the start.
  • @Joveth @Joel Could you please respond to my post about a misleading rune?
  • stupid autocorrect, Kozar not Kazoo (as he comes back a year later to fix his mistake)