[Day 14 Update] Winterfest is Here! PLUS, Day 14 Unlock Bonuses

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Already finished tower but couldn't access the quest first can people like me who finished the tower get a special error reward of whatever the first quest would have been

You'll be able to get the rewards from the quest when you complete tomorrow's tower. Don't worry, that quest isn't going anywhere.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @Guyondacouch the day 1 quests stay for 14 days and need 3 towers to complene anyway, just start with tomorrows tower and you'll be fine, not missed out on naything.
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Is there a limit on the x5 Golden Keys bundle? ..asking for a friend.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• Joel wrote: »
    Enervate wrote: »
    Enervate wrote: »
    So because the keys in the mailbox were broken and no one could accept them, can something be done for the people who already completed the tower?

@DirtySancheeze @Joel @Joveth

So some people got a banner that shows Door 1's tower quest and says "complete today's activities for great rewards." I don't have that banner. It would be nice if you clarified this because a lot of people missed out on potential rewards.

Also, my post wasn't acknowledged but the posts below mine were. Is this intentional?

@Joel @Joveth

Sorry, lots of questions flying around, didn't mean to ignore yours. You say you're missing the event banner? Have you opened the first door yet? If you didn't get the holiday tower today, you'll be able to get credit for the quest from tomorrow's tower.

Thank you for clarifying! I have not opened the first door yet, but I have done floors for my tower. Sorry for the sass. It's just frustrating to be ignored.

• when the pre event is better than the real one ...

You **** up this time .... hard
  • Now im confused. I read the first page but it says you can only unlock one door a day. So if i wait till the very end i wont be able to open all the doors at one time and can only choose one to open?
    Now im confused. I read the first page but it says you can only unlock one door a day. So if i wait till the very end i wont be able to open all the doors at one time and can only choose one to open?

One new door becomes unlockable each day. You can open any number of unlockable doors every day. :)
  • For those of us not able/willing to buy the gold keys, how starred up will we be able to get the new hero?
  • Thank you so much. Now im good to go and understand it all
    Biff wrote: »
    For those of us not able/willing to buy the gold keys, how starred up will we be able to get the new hero?

Unlocking every door with a gold key will get you a 6* Grog

9l6y1xqs0102.png

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• Joel wrote: »
    Nekramess wrote: »
    @Joel When I open door 1 it unlocks 3 quests and says door 1 last 14 days. Does this mean those quests last 14 days OR until they are completed?

That means that any quests you got from unlocking door 1 will last for 14 days or until they are completed. There are no "daily" quests in Winterfest.

NobodyPi wrote: »
    @Joveth How long do the quests last once you open a door? Thanks.

All doors should say how long quests last before you open them, and if you need to be reminded about a timer, just check you Events screen. That will tell you exactly how long quests for that day's door will last.
    Will the Winterfest doors be available immediately when a new day comes, or will it be like a normal event and occur around the event time?

3pm CST

REMEMBER: We have handy FAQ on the first page of this thread. There's a lot of info there. We know there's a lot of stuff going on and are trying to make things as understandable as possible. :)

Joel - I think this will be a great event once its clarified. Above you said "door 1 quests will last 14 days, there are no daily quests."

I think the confusion comes in because in the FAQ you wrote "How long do I have to complete the dungeons and quests I get when I unlock a door? You'll have 24 hours to complete any event dungeons you unlock, starting when you unlock them."

and I think people are confusing door quests with special event dungeons we haven't seen yet.

Also, its not immediately clear to me from the event banner that all the quests from Door 1 are 14 days (I only see 1 listed?) so I hope when a special quest comes that'll be clearly listed in the event banner. Now that we know all door 1 quests are 14 days it doesn't matter right now.

I think by tomorrow this will all be clear to anyone who reads the FAQ and this thread.

Thanks for your efforts! Now about that 15 wreaths per c ampaign dungeon...:)

• HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Renly wrote: »
    For those of us not able/willing to buy the gold keys, how starred up will we be able to get the new hero?

9l6y1xqs0102.png

Plus Aether from all the other tokens you pick up around the event...
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Renly wrote: »

9l6y1xqs0102.png

thank you, but I was wondering about what you get without the gold keys.

Oops @Biff

― A.A. Milne

edited December 2016

You'll be able to unlock him from just using silver keys, but you won't be able to six-star him.

Nekramess wrote: »
    @Joel When I open door 1 it unlocks 3 quests and says door 1 last 14 days. Does this mean those quests last 14 days OR until they are completed?

That means that any quests you got from unlocking door 1 will last for 14 days or until they are completed. There are no "daily" quests in Winterfest.

NobodyPi wrote: »

Joel - I think this will be a great event once its clarified. Above you said "door 1 quests will last 14 days, there are no daily quests."

I think the confusion comes in because in the FAQ you wrote "How long do I have to complete the dungeons and quests I get when I unlock a door? You'll have 24 hours to complete any event dungeons you unlock, starting when you unlock them."

Also, its not immediately clear to me from the event banner that all the quests from Door 1 are 14 days (I only see 1 listed?) so I hope when a special quest comes that'll be clearly listed in the event banner. Now that we know all door 1 quests are 14 days it doesn't matter right now.

I think by tomorrow this will all be clear to anyone who reads the FAQ and this thread.

Thanks for your efforts! Now about that 15 wreaths per campaign dungeon...:)

When I say no "daily" quests, I mean no quests that start and then are reclaimable every day moving forward. There are indeed some quests that will be unlocked that will only last 24 hours though.

As you unlock each door, a banner for that door will appear with a timer for how long things related to that door last.

As for the 15 wreaths per campaign dungeon, campaign dungeons are not meant to be the main source of wreaths by a long shot. Most of your wreaths will come from quests and event dungeons. You'll also see increased wreaths in campaign dungeons on certain days.
  • @garylarry We don't know the total wreath payout for this event. Even if Wreaths from PvE is ~40K from free stamina. There is PvP (depends on winning ratio) and the 14 days worth of quests. I'm predicting players will hit over 500K wreaths.

@AceyNB Yes, you could stack 12 days of quests at once. The timers would end at the varying end times of the quests, or when the entire event ends.

@echonap My guess is the rewards vary daily, which means it won't necessarily be 30 tokens every time we see tokens in the gold door. Could be less or more in doors 2-14 :neutral:

@heeler In terms of the rotating PvE, PvP, Towers (which are all actively giving wreaths at the moment) a day starts at 3pm CST. In terms of opening a door. "A day" starts when you open the door.

@Biff That's something we'll have to find out by the end of the event since they won't be revealing what's behind each door :)
  • @Joel @Joveth
    Is there any chance we can know how many gold keys are necessary to 6* the new guy? Do we need 12 gold keys or is he only going to show in x amount of the days?
    Zanza004 wrote: »
    @Joel @Joveth
    Is there any chance we can know how many gold keys are necessary to 6* the new guy? Do we need 12 gold keys or is he only going to show in x amount of the days?

We won't be saying exactly how many, but you'll be able to clearly see which days have Grog-Gnog tokens available for them. :)
  • If I wait to open the first door until tomorrow when the second door opens, will I be able to see the contents of the second door immediately or will I still need to unlock a day 1 door first?
    Zanza004 wrote: »
    If I wait to open the first door until tomorrow when the second door opens, will I be able to see the contents of the second door immediately or will I still need to unlock a day 1 door first?

You'll need to unlock a day 1 door first.
  • danacdanac Member
    edited December 2016
    I should note for those of you confused by all this that the quests for day one include a kill Gnogg at the top of the towerx3.
    you get 5 tokens for the first two, I'm assuming 5 for the third.

That means in order to claim full rewards you'll need to run three towers.

Another quest, apparently from door one, is to use friends. 5? 10? I forget #, but it has five parts. So figure another quest chain that will take several days or gems.

Joel, some of the things in the FAQ and subsequent clarifications should really have been put in a 'more info' tab attached to event banner.
    You've done this before with things like guild games and hero ability revisions.
  • does each door start a new quest chain? So if you save your keys until the end, that would prevent you from doing a ton of quests?
  • The cost of items in the shop is SO HIGH. 800 wreaths gets you 5 keys!!!!!!! Last event it cost only 30 candy corns. Why the inflation @joveth @joel :(
  • diabolic wrote: »
    The cost of items in the shop is SO HIGH. 800 wreaths gets you 5 keys!!!!!!! Last event it cost only 30 candy corns. Why the inflation @joveth @joel :(

Well in one day, I have 10k wreaths. And I have finished all of the wreath quests yet.

So I'd say the inflation in prices is to match the inflation in currency availability.

• Man I need those Kozar and Valkin skins...
  • wisemagic7wisemagic7 Member
    edited December 2016
    kalamadea wrote: »
    diabolic wrote: »
    The cost of items in the shop is SO HIGH. 800 wreaths gets you 5 keys!!!!!!! Last event it cost only 30 candy corns. Why the inflation @joveth @joel :(

Well in one day, I have 10k wreaths. And I have finished all of the wreath quests yet.

So I'd say the inflation in prices is to match the inflation in currency availability.

However, if you calculate the price for all the tokens, that comes out to be 43,200.

Also if you want to buy 12 days worth of silver keys + 1 gold key + the 5 new skins (assuming the price is constant) + all the tokens, you would need a total of 358,200, which averages out to around 26K a day.
  • Honestly, I didn't find it all that confusing.

I think it's an awesome event devs!
    zntCIcd.gif
  • ZernjatkoZernjatko Member
    edited December 2016
    I did Pwn Tower before i unlocked a door with a silver key...and now those quests are just useless because they will expire in same time as tower refreshes...so stupid, i got quests to kill Boss on the top of tower and also to clear floors for wealth rewards, now that quests will just expire tomorrow and i wont be able to complete them cause i already did tower( i didnt know tbat first need to open doors to start those event quests...), so i will loose all rewards that i could take,weird
  • wisemagic7 wrote: »

However, if you calculate the price for all the tokens, that comes out to be 256,000. And if we get 10K each day for 14 days, that's only 140K. So, no it does not match the inflation in currency availability.

Day one quests:
    defeat Gnoggx3= 5 Gnogg tokens for first two
    clear three tower floors x12. at 2,500 for first 6. If we assume that stays the same, that's 12x2,500= 54, 000
    use 5 friends s 5 times @ 750 for the first. Assuming equal all the way though, that's another almost 4,000, we'll make it 4000 adding in wreaths from other sources.

That's 58,000 for one day's quests, and 25 Gnogg tokens if you use the silver key
  • Zernjatko wrote: »
    I did Pwn Tower before i unlocked a door with a silver key...and now those quests are just useless because they will expire in same time as tower refreshes...so stupid, i got quests to kill Boss on the top of tower and also to clear floors for wealth rewards, now that quests will just expire tomorrow and i wont be able to complete them cause i already did tower( i didnt know tbat first need to open doors to start those event quests...), so i will loose all rewards that i could take,weird

You have 14 days to complete those quests - plenty of time. You can check the events tab in the game for each days quest timer. In this case, these quests last 14 days. Some quests may only last 24, but you'll know it when you unlock the door -- and I'll go ahead and assume they will be quests that don't involve the tower.