[Day 14 Update] Winterfest is Here! PLUS, Day 14 Unlock Bonuses

Comments

• Joveth wrote: »
    RandomUser wrote: »
    Im of course not sure if it's supposed to be that way... but I've got another free bronze and silver key for today...? I'd be glad if that wasn't a bug :)

We've sent them out to all players! You should be getting a bossmail shortly letting you know that :)

Whoa that's actually really cool!
    Just curious, what are the bronze and silver keys in the shop for then? For the surprise you mentioned earlier or will there be days without free keys?
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited December 2016
    Joveth wrote: »
    Im of course not sure if it's supposed to be that way... but I've got another free bronze and silver key for today...? I'd be glad if that wasn't a bug :)

We've sent them out to all players! You should be getting a bossmail shortly letting you know that :)

Just curious, what are the bronze and silver keys in the shop for then? For the surprise you mentioned earlier or will there be days without free keys?

oh this is just a one time grant for yesterday's bossmail key mix-up! We're not sending them every day!

oh this is just a one time grant for yesterday's bossmail key mix-up! We're not sending them every day!

Okay, still nice to get a free one ^.^
  • Ammo wrote: »
    Please ignore... :)

no.
  • When I got to the tower boss and he wiped out 4 of my best players in one shot, I was glad I had backups to keep wearing him down. he "only" killed 10 people of mine before I was able to finish.
    level 70
  • Just take a fast team against the last boss.. My MK one shotted him and Lupina.
    Zodiac4EVA

No keys for me yet. I forced quit and still nothing. Just letting you know in case I was forgotten. :)

P.-S. Santa, if you read this: I've been good, I promise. Please let me have my keys!

VioletLyra wrote: »

No keys for me yet. I forced quit and still nothing. Just letting you know in case I was forgotten. :)

P.-S. Santa, if you read this: I've been good, I promise. Please let me have my keys!

There is the possibility that you may have spent them without knowing? Keep us posted!
  • VioletLyra wrote: »

Lies give her nothing by coal @Joveth
    Zodiac4EVA

• As some of us are forgetful - is there a way to check how many keys we have? It says check your inventory, but I cannot find a screen with keys.
  • RyeChusRyeChus Member
    edited December 2016
    Joel wrote: »
    Zanza004 wrote: »
    @Joel @Joveth
    Is there any chance we can know how many gold keys are necessary to 6* the new guy? Do we need 12 gold keys or is he only going to show in x amount of the days?

We won't be saying exactly how many, but you'll be able to clearly see which days have Grog-Gnog tokens available for them. :)

This sums up all we need to know about this event. There is no game play/player satisfaction related reason for not being up front about what we need to spend on gold keys, only filthy money grubbing greed that hopes to push players into spending more than they planned. I did buy a gold key for day one, because I would at least like to five star GG. Looks like I should have saved it for day two. In fact the way this is set up the best bet would be to leave all doors until the last day, but that would completely destroy any last drop of fun one might be able to wring from this sorry event. The wise choice will be to stick with silver keys, or maybe quit the game again. Another potentially fun festive event ruined by the miserly spirit of the devs.

Bah Humbug!!!
  • Sockless wrote: »
    As some of us are forgetful - is there a way to check how many keys we have? It says check your inventory, but I cannot find a screen with keys.

When you go to open a door it shows you.
    Zodiac4EVA

• Zodiac4EVA wrote: »
    Sockless wrote: »
    As some of us are forgetful - is there a way to check how many keys we have? It says check your inventory, but I cannot find a screen with keys.

Ok, so I just have to wait for tomorrow, as there is no way to see doors once you have chosen that day's.
    Zodiac4EVA wrote: »
    Sockless wrote: »

Ok, so I just have to wait for tomorrow, as there is no way to see doors once you have chosen that day's.

Yeah i assume that is the only way.. :smile:
    Zodiac4EVA

There is the possibility that you may have spent them without knowing? Keep us posted!

Maybe but I doubt it. I don't remember receiving any mail with keys.

And I did spend a silver key today but I "bought" 2 earlier this afternoon. So I used one of those two.

Should I write Santa, err I mean Customer Support, or wait to hear from you?
    edited December 2016

Maybe but I doubt it. I don't remember receiving any mail with keys.

And I did spend a silver key today but I "bought" 2 earlier this afternoon. So I used one of those two.

Should I write Santa, err I mean Customer Support, or wait to hear from you?

It was not attached to any bossmail. It was automatically added to everyone's inventory :) We DID send a bossmail as a reminder of how Winterfest works, along with the message that keys have been added to your inventories.
  • @Joveth question regarding Grog-gnog, you game has taught most of us to never unlock a hero via the token unlock button, to always obtain the full unlock first. So with grog will there be a chance to do this, or will using gold keys on all 14 doors get him to 6* without an other wise full unlock?
    @Joveth question regarding Grog-gnog, you game has taught most of us to never unlock a hero via the token unlock button, to always obtain the full unlock first. So with grog will there be a chance to do this, or will using gold keys on all 14 doors get him to 6* without an other wise full unlock?

As mentioned, this will be the only way to obtain Grog-Gnog for now...you can be patient if you'd like and see what happens in the long run.
  • Are the silver and bronze keys of any value if we don't use them to open doors?
    KashHatton

It was not attached to any bossmail. It was automatically added to everyone's inventory :) We DID send a bossmail as a reminder of how Winterfest works, along with the message that keys have been added to your inventories.

Oh! I'm sorry. I misunderstood that part.

Then you're right. Maybe I got them and just didn't realize it.

Thank you for the clarifications. :)
    KashHatton wrote: »
    Are the silver and bronze keys of any value if we don't use them to open doors?
    After the entire event is over, they won't be used for anything else!
    Winterfest Event FAQ

Additionally, if you unlock all the right doors with gold keys, you will have accumulated enough tokens for six-starred Grog-Gnog!

@joveth I understand you can't say when he will or will not come out in which portal, just wanted to confirm. I have 15 gold keys if I use them on all 14 doors and unlock Grog, with the unlock button he will get to 6* correct?

What happens if I run out of doors to unlock on Day 14?
    You’ll want to hold on to any extra Holiday Wreaths and Keys…we’ve got a special surprise waiting.

But on your FAQ, you said this^ and said extra wreaths and ==keys== will be for a special surprise
    Blackiron
    Winterfest Event FAQ

Additionally, if you unlock all the right doors with gold keys, you will have accumulated enough tokens for six-starred Grog-Gnog!

@joveth I understand you can't say when he will or will not come out in which portal, just wanted to confirm. I have 15 gold keys if I use them on all 14 doors and unlock Grog, with the unlock button he will get to 6* correct?

I'm going to answer this very diplomatically:

Please refer to this teaser in our FAQ:

You’ll want to hold on to any extra Holiday Wreaths and Keys…we’ve got a special surprise waiting.

*cough* *cough*
    DanKK wrote: »

But on your FAQ, you said this^ and said extra wreaths and ==keys== will be for a special surprise

key phrasing: "after the ENTIRE event is over"

I WILL SAY NO MOOOOORE.

It says to check your "event inventory"...took me a few minutes checking various places but I figured out it was on the event doors page.
  • RyeChusRyeChus Member
    edited December 2016
    @Joveth
    DanKK wrote: »

key phrasing: "after the ENTIRE event is over"

I WILL SAY NO MOOOOORE.

So what you're saying is the 14 days are a pointless distraction and we should just give up now?
    Is it possible to make this event any less fun, and fans of this game any less motivated?

Why would we have extra keys? Do you want us to buy extra keys?
    How many extra keys and wreaths do we need to hold in reserve?
    Should I maybe buy 100 gold keys to make sure I have enough?
    What will we miss out on if we use all our wreaths and keys?

BTW = this is a serious question. I'm sitting looking at my team in a PVP dungeon and I really can't be bothered sitting up any more to burn through my raid tickets ...
  • @joveth I get the hold the extras...but if I unlock him as soon as I have 100 tokens will he make it to 6* by opening all 14 doors with keys, like y'all said in the post about him?!?
  • @joel, @Joveth quick question, the totem material pack states limited quantity, what is the limit?