[Day 14 Update] Winterfest is Here! PLUS, Day 14 Unlock Bonuses

Comments

• Wolfreich wrote: »
    @joel, @Joveth quick question, the totem material pack states limited quantity, what is the limit?

What totem material pack? I see a Tome one.. but tomes are trash to compared to the precious and insane amount of totems needed.

• WolfreichWolfreich Member
    edited December 2016

kalamadea wrote: »
    What totem material pack? I see a Tome one.. but tomes are trash to compared to the precious and insane amount of totems needed.

This one

8c7bsd8bb38v.png

• Odd, I don't have a totem pack there. It goes straight from 'Improved Rune Pack' to 'Tome Material Pack'.

A screen shot can be provided, but it would be boring, as that entry just doesn't exist for me.
  • I'm Lvl 60, and I don't have the tome or totem pack. I thought when I finally reached lvl 60, I wouldn't be left out anymore. :(

• Joveth wrote: »
    I WILL SAY NO MOOOOORE.
    Just say one more thing, anything.

Please?
    DanKK wrote: »
    Joveth wrote: »
    KashHatton wrote: »
    Are the silver and bronze keys of any value if we don't use them to open doors?
    After the entire event is over, they won't be used for anything else!

What happens if I run out of doors to unlock on Day 14?
    You’ll want to hold on to any extra Holiday Wreaths and Keys…we’ve got a special surprise waiting.

But on your FAQ, you said this^ and said extra wreaths and ==keys== will be for a special surprise

key phrasing: "after the ENTIRE event is over"

I WILL SAY NO MOOOOORE.

THEN I SHALL PLAY NO MOOOOORE
  • All the doors are going to rest at the end and you will be able to reopen any door you want.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Anyone finish the last raid quest for door 2? If yes is the reward just wreaths or is there something else?
  • Just wreaths
  • RawNES wrote: »
    Apathetic wrote: »
    Odd, I don't have a totem pack there. It goes straight from 'Improved Rune Pack' to 'Tome Material Pack'.

A screen shot can be provided, but it would be boring, as that entry just doesn't exist for me.

Are you level 60 or higher?

Yup, level 63. Also have a few epics, which implies that I need totems. That's why I'm confused...
  • I like the event! One question: The Totem Material Pack says Limited Stock. What is the limit of how many we can purchase? Thank you!
  • at this point i dont even bother with pvp anymore i just do the two or three i need to complete guild quests and thats it then its off to the tower to stock up on wreaths and then i nap till me stamina both IRL and in game recharges.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Wolfreich wrote: »
    @joel, @Joveth quick question, the totem material pack states limited quantity, what is the limit?

The limit is 20. Also, the totem pack appears for players that are level 65 and above!
  • @Joveth - So buy only what you need during these 14 days, whatever that means to the player...save ALL surplus wreaths because there will be something better than all items currently available in the shop once the event ends? At that point, you can STILL buy keys for the special thing if needed?

If not, and you are effectively saying we should buy more keys than we need to open the doors, then I must say it is rather strange - how the hellfire are we supposed to know how many keys to overstock and whether this "surprise" is actually worth it for us...not all players want / need the same things...

I think you need to be clear about what we should be doing so we dont look back on the event and regret anything...be that "I wish I bought more keys" or "I wish I bought tokens and mats instead of these useless keys!"

Thanks
  • i hope the surprise includes ICEPick
    im still ONE just ONE token away. from full unlocking i dont care anymore about four starring him from portal unlock i want him NOW!!!!!!
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • RandomUserRandomUser Member
    edited December 2016
    i hope the surprise includes ICEPick
    im still ONE just ONE token away. from full unlocking i dont care anymore about four starring him from portal unlock i want him NOW!!!!!!

Challenge mode has his tokens :)
  • We have a new player that had 12,000 wreaths at the beginning! ?
    Jaded Southern Belle
    edited December 2016
    Lieto wrote: »
    @Joveth - So buy only what you need during these 14 days, whatever that means to the player...save ALL surplus wreaths because there will be something better than all items currently available in the shop once the event ends? At that point, you can STILL buy keys for the special thing if needed?

If not, and you are effectively saying we should buy more keys than we need to open the doors, then I must say it is rather strange - how the hellfire are we supposed to know how many keys to overstock and whether this "surprise" is actually worth it for us...not all players want / need the same things...

I think you need to be clear about what we should be doing so we dont look back on the event and regret anything...be that "I wish I bought more keys" or "I wish I bought tokens and mats instead of these useless keys!"

Thanks

Ok it looks like we need to be a bit more clear for players who want to spend their time and resources accordingly.

We're ruining the surprise a bit, but there will be a bonus event if you can open all 14 days in the current Winterfest calendar that will allow for players to obtain even more Grog-Gnog tokens. If players use gold keys for all the Grog-Gnog rewards in the first 14 doors AND in this bonus event, they will have enough tokens for a 6-star Grog-Gnog. To be even more explicit, you will need a total of 18 Golden Keys to unlock all of the Grog-Gnog tokens needed to 6-star him. We wanted to keep this bonus event a surprise, but we also acknowledge that some players would like to know more specifics about an event in order to spend their time and resources accordingly.

Hope that helps in terms of planning.
  • RyeChusRyeChus Member
    edited December 2016
    Lieto wrote: »
    @Joveth - So buy only what you need during these 14 days, whatever that means to the player...save ALL surplus wreaths because there will be something better than all items currently available in the shop once the event ends? At that point, you can STILL buy keys for the special thing if needed?

Thanks

Ok it looks like we need to be a bit more clear for players who want to spend their time and resources accordingly.

We're ruining the surprise a bit, but there will be a bonus event if you can open all 14 days in the current Winterfest calendar that will allow for players to obtain even more Grog-Gnog tokens. If players use gold keys for all the Grog-Gnog rewards in the first 14 doors AND in this bonus event, they will have enough tokens for a 6-star Grog-Gnog. To be even more explicit, you will need a minimum of 18 Golden Keys to unlock all of the Grog-Gnog tokens needed to 6-star him. We wanted to keep this bonus event a surprise, but we also acknowledge that some players would like to know more specifics about an event in order to spend their time and resources accordingly.

Hope that helps in terms of planning.

Thank you
    So what you are saying is that the plan was to trick players into buying 14 keys thinking that would be enough to six star GG, only for them to discover they needed to buy four more? That would have been one mean surprise.
    Can you tell us how we can 5 star GG?

Also - are you really surprised that players want to know how to spend their time and resources? Surely the person who planned this event could have predicted this?

P.S. to all those complaining about those who complained - this is exactly why we need to complain
  • So basically hold on to that Gold key until the bonus event to get more Grog-Gnog tokens
    Andre4897
    Andre4897 wrote: »
    So basically hold on to that Gold key until the bonus event to get more Grog-Gnog tokens

Anytime there's a gold key option for Grog-Gnog tokens, you should go for it (if you're on the path to 6-starring him).
    RyeChus wrote: »
    Thank you
    So what you are saying is that the plan was to trick players into buying 14 keys thinking that would be enough to six star GG, only for them to discover they needed to buy four more? That would have been one mean surprise.
    Can you tell us how we can 5 star GG?

Ok, this is a rather negative perspective to take, honestly. It's great to have a dialogue, but it's not beneficial to approach it from such a negative space. Complaining is not the same as feedback. There are legitimate concerns here that we have taken into account and have decided to be more transparent. The cost of this is the actual surprise that we had planned.

As such, we love to have surprises for our players, and we read feedback from threads like this and we realized that it would be beneficial for players to know how many gold keys to six-star Grog-Gnog they would need with the bonus event included. So, that is what we did in the 3rd day of this very generous event. No malice was intended here. As for 5 starring, if you use all silver keys in the 14 days, you'll have a 3-star Grog-Gnog. If you use all gold keys in the first 14 days, you will have a 5 star Grog-Gnog.

I disagree. It is not a negative perspective, but a reasonable reaction to the "surprise" you had for this event.

Also, I'm finding some discrepancies between your FAQ and what you just said.

In the faq, you said: "Additionally, if you unlock all the right doors with gold keys, you will have accumulated enough tokens for six-starred Grog-Gnog!"

That's very different than what you just said in the bold/italicized item above.
    shiggity80 wrote: »

I disagree. It is not a negative perspective, but a reasonable reaction to the "surprise" you had for this event.

In the faq, you said: "Additionally, if you unlock all the right doors with gold keys, you will have accumulated enough tokens for six-starred Grog-Gnog!"

That's very different than what you just said in the bold/italicized item above.

There are more doors in the bonus event.
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited December 2016

There are more doors in the bonus event.

Well, originally you weren't going to reveal what the surprise was, so that statement in the FAQ was completely misleading. You made it sound like all you had to do was get 14 gold keys and you would have a 6* GG.

Not that I would be able to get GG to 6* personally, but it still seemed like misinformation to me.
    So basically hold on to that Gold key until the bonus event to get more Grog-Gnog tokens

Anytime there's a gold key option for Grog-Gnog tokens, you should go for it (if you're on the path to 6-starring him).

Nono, I was referring to the "free" one, for 35k wreaths. If 14 doors give around 350 tokens, and the remaining 4 doors give 250 tokens, than my math tells me there's going to be more GG tokens under those bonus doors. Or maybe not, who knows. Of course if I see a great offer under that door I think I'm going for that, but if I can actually resist I'll spend it in the bonus event
    Andre4897
    Well, originally you weren't going to reveal what the surprise was, so that statement in the FAQ was completely misleading. You made it sound like all you had to do was get 14 gold keys and you would have a 6* GG.

I won't deny that we could have phrased it better (perhaps 5-star him by getting his tokens with a gold key in this event and THEN showing that it was possible to 6 star him---hindsight is 20/20 and all that), but part of the reason that was phrased that way was because we wanted to keep the bonus event a surprise. Again, lesson learned and we decided to take the feedback here into account and be more transparent about it at the cost of the surprise.

Nono, I was referring to the "free" one, for 35k wreaths. If 14 doors give around 350 tokens, and the remaining 4 doors give 250 tokens, than my math tells me there's going to be more GG tokens under those bonus doors. Or maybe not, who knows. Of course if I see a great offer under that door I think I'm going for that, but if I can actually resist I'll spend it in the bonus event

Oh, not every door will give Grog-Gnog tokens. 18 of them (total, including the bonus event), will.

Wolfreich wrote: »

The limit is 20. Also, the totem pack appears for players that are level 65 and above!

Um, can it be lowered to 60? Or add another that is available to 60-64 players. Seems quite a bit unfair that 65+ have access to totem packs when I'm 62 and trying to level my epics and denied access to that. @Joveth @Joel