Hero Spotlight: Grog-Gnog

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited December 2016 in Hero Spotlights
8gyhdztekr46.jpg

Background: This two-headed hero is the progeny of Legendary Boss Kang-Kung and the Ogre Queen that loved him. Grog-Gnog grew up in the mountainous wilderness among wild beasts and harsh conditions. Though he prefers the simple life of a frosty cave, the passing of his beloved mother has prompted him to seek the land of his father and other civilized beasts and ogres.

Grog-Gnog’s initial acclimation has not started off on the right foot. His arrival coincides with the holiday season, and the garish pageantry he finds layered atop his cherished winter nature has wakened the beast in him! Unable to be soothed, Grog-Gnog has vowed war against the holidays. Every last bauble and bow must come down, if he is to get his way, so that the greatest of all seasons be may be enjoyed in its natural splendor.

Can Grog-Gnog be reconciled to the modern world? Will Kang-Kung take a break from fulltime bad-guy stuff to help his estranged son adjust in time for the new year? Stay tuned.

Most Hated Hero: Sir William – His days of picking on Grog-Gnog’s Beast buddies are at an end!

Element
Water: +30% bonus against FIRE enemies.

Tags: (Magical) Warrior Ogre Beast

Traits
  • INSULATED WOOLIES – Cannot be Frozen, Chilled, nor Frostbitten.
  • TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE – Basic attacks Rampage, hitting a second target at random.

Abilities and Ascensions:

• STRIKE! – Melee Water Attack on all enemies that reduces Speed and CRIT.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Light Evo: 12
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 35
  • Water Evo: 33
  • Arcane Evo: 2
NEW Trait!
  • MAGICAL – Reduces damage taken from non-physical attacks.
NEW Ability!
  • SNOW DAY – Ranged Water attack on all enemies and applies Snow Day to all allies, buffing DEF and modifying abilities. Starts powered.
MODIFIED Ability!
  • STRIKE! – Consumes the Snow Day buff to add Frostbite to all enemies.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Light Evo: 40
  • Water Evo Monarch: 33
  • Brawny Evo: 8
  • Coldfire Evo: 4
NEW Trait!
  • LARGE AND IN CHARGE – Increases Health for each Beast ally by 30% and ATK for each Ogre ally by 30%.
NEW Ability!
  • FROSTBREATH – Ranged Water attack on an enemy with a chance to frostbite.
MODIFIED Ability!
  • FROSTBREATH – Consume Snow Day buff to attack all enemies and Freeze.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Awesome!
  • YEAH, BABY! i love this guy already! especially since he adds more in-game lore and because he is THE answer on Sir William!
    the modified abilities are also interesting. I hope i will be able to get him :)
  • So uhhh, is he meant to fit on an ogre team or a beast team?
    Current Wishlist: Shade, the one hero I'm missing and have yet to ascend.

Proud member of Pact of Minds.

Kozar enthusiast.
  • Looks sweet will we be seeing him in the heroic portal, vip, or only available in tokens for now?
  • I see in the winterfest doors we can obtain his tokens with keys... Will he be featured in the portal during winterfest, in the future, or never ever; a winterfest exclusive?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Game is crashing every time I go to accept winterfest mail.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We're aware of this and are working on a fix right now. You can see the latest on the issue here.
  • Crashes with error code C36DD832
  • Probably make Kozar viable in PvP.

So Kozar wasn't viable in PvP before? Are you kidding?

TTS1000, Officer in Kings of Diamond
    level 70, Roster Power 326k, 512k trophies (stats from March 31st 2017)
  • How can we change the first ability to original effect? By basic attack?
    Zeta2c wrote: »
    How can we change the first ability to original effect? By basic attack?

Having the Snow Day Buff on Grog-Gnog adds the modified effects to the ability. Using it without the Snow Day Buff active will give you the normal effects.
  • I love his little head its adorable
    by the way @Joel his TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE passive how does it work EXACTLY cause im confused other than that IV come up with and awesome team all about extra attacks.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
    I love his little head its adorable
    by the way @Joel his TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE passive how does it work EXACTLY cause im confused other than that IV come up with and awesome team all about extra attacks.

His little head is indeed adorable. The "Two Heads" ability adds on an extra basic attack to a random enemy after the normal basic attack.
  • Why are you giving a passive to buff kozar attack by 30%, you must be **** kidding.
  • I WANT A MALICE EPIC
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • this guy sounds awesome! hmmmm im trying to farm enough tokens for Kai. Should i get Grog-Gnog instead?! 35k wreaths for 1 gold key...DB devs that sounds impossible to achieve and for only 30 Grog-Gnog tokens, are you kidding me?!
  • THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited December 2016
    No no, Renly. Aria needs an epic first. The three stats it increases would be:

Dodge + 10%
    Dodge + 10%
    Dodge + 10%

And it deals x5 damage when it activates and adds Evading to all allies.

I finally got enough aether to unlock Aria... got all excited and dumped millions of gold into getting her some of the best runes I can make.. and she's crap.

Most overrated hero ever imo. Maybe when I've earned 300000 aether or whatever to six star her. But she hits like a wet noodle and is made out of paper.
  • @Joel Does Grog-Gnog have a trait that grants allied beasts and itself 1 energy when killing an enemy? I noticed this passive in the ToP, but do not see it listed here!
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited December 2016
    Eydise wrote: »
    @Joel Does Grog-Gnog have a trait that grants allied beasts and itself 1 energy when killing an enemy? I noticed this passive in the ToP, but do not see it listed here!

Noticed it too - vcqhvl17218s.png

Pretty sure they mean it to say "Allied Beasts" - not beastly..
  • Why does is say "new trait" for Magical? and then has magical in parenthesis for his traits? Magical is the second most common character trait.
  • itirnitii wrote: »
    Why does is say "new trait" for Magical? and then has magical in parenthesis for his traits? Magical is the second most common character trait.

He doesn't have magical as a trait at the start, he gains it after his first ascension. Krexx does the same with Armored - he's not armored until you ascend him the first time.
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited December 2016
    well that makes perfect sense, new trait meaning for that ascension not the game as a whole. My fault for skimming on my phone before posting.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    This is for all thos people who wanted Kang Kung as a hero isn't it?
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • kalamadea wrote: »

I finally got enough aether to unlock Aria... got all excited and dumped millions of gold into getting her some of the best runes I can make.. and she's crap.

No offense but sometimes your best is not good enough yet
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    kalamadea wrote: »

No offense but sometimes your best is not good enough yet

Aria is pretty over-hyped though. One hero with Perfect Swing and... blammo. She's a goner.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!