Opinions of Grog Gnog at the top of the tower instead of chromus

HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
So what does everyone think of having this boss at the top of the tower. For me he slaughtered my first attempt team so I had to come back with a second. It's, dare I say it, actually somewhat challenging.
Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
In game Level: 70
Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
I'm on Twitter regularly

Comments

• It's quite a nice change from chromus. It's better that you need to actually plan who to take, and not just autorun and wait.
  • What might a good team be to tackle him? Will he be fully ascended, or down at my level might he not be?
    Thanks
    litespeed
  • I like this special event type tower deal. Could even have these two bosses reincarnate to two other bosses for 5 rounds. I still have 95% of my roster ready after this tougher floor 12.
  • ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Given the hype, I hoped it would be challenging.

Bovus disagreed.

Full team was Zen, Bovus, Pignius and Rocky (my usual PVP team), but the floor barely scratched the surface of their capabilities.

What I'd really like to see someday, and something that @seanlucky is alluding to, would be:
    • Player picks a team for Floor 12, just like now with up to 4 heroes but the floor ends when they all die
    • Beat the floor and some new opponents spawn
    • Your team gets HOT and DOT ticks at the end of each win (unlike the rest of the tower)
    • Beat the floor n times to get a bonus reward
    • Have some specific bosses spawn at random that, for example, put an end to undead or goblins (to ensure that no one particular strategy is constantly successful)
    Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
  • Yea, i agree it is harder....I had to click the auto button twice on floor 12 instead of once. :)
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • edited December 2016
    i killed him with my nimreal first try. of course she had furnace -fired up- buff on
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • I was really surprised and almost scared when he took out like 75% of my op undead team, excluding zomm who had like 50% left. For reference I'm level 41 and they're all 6 star except for brom who's 5 star. If they weren't runed up like hell or if I brought in another team I would've gotten destroyed.
  • He broke my perfect tower streak. I was at 10+ days of not losing a hero in the tower before he killed Zomm. :(
  • didnt see him...clicked auto when I entered.
  • PFFT this is an even bigger joke than Cromus. I one shot him with Zurk...
  • edited January 16
    Easier or harder than chromus. He was certainly less annoying than Chromus. Better fighting two characters once than one shotting the same guy five times.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • I say come up with an entirely new boss for floor 12, or just make Chromos MUCH better. Actually, just rework the tower completely. It's such a great idea but just much too easy. Maybe add unlimited floors that get progressively harder with different rewards? That would be so fun.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    koolkuba wrote: »
    I say come up with an entirely new boss for floor 12, or just make Chromos MUCH better. Actually, just rework the tower completely. It's such a great idea but just much too easy. Maybe add unlimited floors that get progressively harder with different rewards? That would be so fun.

Or adding an endless dungeon with leaderboards would be entertaining as well.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly