Improved Runes on Low Level

How do you get improved or better runes at low levels (20s)? I PvP many players who have numerous improved runes, but I am unable to find any, or have the ability to craft since materials are obtained at higher levels.

Comments

• FoozleFoozle Member
    Higher level runes were available to low level players through the Holiday event that just ended. Not sure if it was intended or not thought about, but it did allow pretty low level players to get some very powerful high level runes. Will make PvP for newer players tough until the existing players grow out of their current level.
  • ZuddZudd Member
    Well that makes it that much more difficult for us new players, if it wasn't already. Any other way to get these runes, or we just have to wait and eat the bullet until we level up?
  • Oddly during October or November (around the time Shade was released or so) I had two Legendary Improved Power Runes while I was Level 14 or so. Spooked me real bad, because I didn't know how I got those, but at least it helped me out.

I know that this thread is talking about the improved runes - but from what I see, it appears that the lower-leveled players have no opportunities to find them. So other than wishing for events to give free Improved runes, the only other way I can think of is to try and stun, exhaust or prevent the other players' runed-up heroes from using their abilities for as long as possible, or find some legendary Lesser runes of your own.

I know this isn't a thread asking for help in PvP, but because that's where runes matter the most, you'll probably have to use a huge amount of disablers to fight off other players for now before you start getting Improved runes of your own.

Try and combine these heroes, and that's all I guess you can do.
    • IGOROK's Polar Pounding can potentially prevent the rest of the enemy team from doing anything for one turn. Combining this with water heroes can allow for some good damage.
    • Bovus el Doro can slow enemies with his Stampede, letting the rest of your heroes heal, buff or attack. Of course, providing that nothing bad happens to him when the enemy's first normal speed hero attacks. A bit more like a long-term IGOROK. Combining him with IGOROK is a great choice.
    • Indigo can Silence the first normal hero allowing for some of your AOE heroes to dish out sufficient damage to kill their own AOE heroes, taunters or healers.
    • Once-ascended Torchy can do the same thing as well. Bat out of Hell can take out weaker nature heroes, but if you aren't confident, Lock Jaw does rather high damage while also silencing them.
    • Balog acts the same way as Indigo or Torchy, but has normal speed, though is tankier.
    • Overlord Executum lowers enemies' stats, so their skills don't hurt as much.
    • Zurk, upon doing a critical hit, can exhaust targets by 1 Energy. While not necessarily a good choice, if given the chance (and the CRIT chance), he can contribute a lot.
    • Selwyn acts a bit like IGOROK, but is more squishy. Ascending him once lets him Chill any hero who has just used a skill, while also doing rather good damage.
    • Sir William can taunt single-target attacks, while also revenging them, or increasing the defense of his allies.
    • Stone Fist reduces Attack and Defense, allowing for an easier time to kill them. He can also taunt, and is magical.
    • Zen can accelerate slower heroes or disablers. Using him with Bovus, Igorok, possibly Selwyn, and many other heroes can be a good choice.
    • Kozar does a surprisingly high amount of damage, while also lowering Defense. He can also purge buffs on enemy heroes, and has a high amount of Health.
    • Samurai Takumi is an odd choice, but can Chill enemy heroes.
    • Phenol Thoxian can poison enemies, causing them to take damage while your heroes heal from their first round of attacks.
    • Sifu is rather powerful in the early-game, and can kill weaker heroes easily.
    • Shadowblade's high damage helps to severely injure enemies.
    • Kobal can Disease enemies, making them weaker.
    • Therand can Daze, possibly causing them to miss more.
    • Tsume at low health does high damage.
    • Lupina can Fear all enemies, allowing other heroes to deal more damage to them.
    • NubNub can heal high amounts of health. Prepares your other heroes for the next round of attacks.
    • Masuta Kira can help kill runed-up undead heroes easily. Lesser attack and skill runes for him is great for doing damage early-on.
    Current DB status: I swear I think I'm going to get rekt once I reach Level 40

IGN: RayFf. ID: 9105329
    Level: 37
    Defense Team: Masuta, Bovus, Pontifex
  • I have a level 26 Alt account and i use torchy, nitpick, ponti and grog. All of the are fully ascended and have legendary improved runes. I don't lose in pvp unless i make a horrible mistake i run a bait team on defense of ponti and grog and have gone approx 200 wins for 4 losses because of the runes.
    Zodiac4EVA

• I got these all from the event dungeons over winterfest. ceob8841c295.png
    aqqkxkciunqr.png
    360vtslirlpl.png
    Zodiac4EVA

• RaymondF wrote: »
    Oddly during October or November (around the time Shade was released or so) I had two Legendary Improved Power Runes while I was Level 14 or so. Spooked me real bad, because I didn't know how I got those, but at least it helped me out.

I know that this thread is talking about the improved runes - but from what I see, it appears that the lower-leveled players have no opportunities to find them. So other than wishing for events to give free Improved runes, the only other way I can think of is to try and stun, exhaust or prevent the other players' runed-up heroes from using their abilities for as long as possible, or find some legendary Lesser runes of your own.

I know this isn't a thread asking for help in PvP, but because that's where runes matter the most, you'll probably have to use a huge amount of disablers to fight off other players for now before you start getting Improved runes of your own.

Try and combine these heroes, and that's all I guess you can do.
    • IGOROK's Polar Pounding can potentially prevent the rest of the enemy team from doing anything for one turn. Combining this with water heroes can allow for some good damage.
    • Bovus el Doro can slow enemies with his Stampede, letting the rest of your heroes heal, buff or attack. Of course, providing that nothing bad happens to him when the enemy's first normal speed hero attacks. A bit more like a long-term IGOROK. Combining him with IGOROK is a great choice.
    • Indigo can Silence the first normal hero allowing for some of your AOE heroes to dish out sufficient damage to kill their own AOE heroes, taunters or healers.
    • Once-ascended Torchy can do the same thing as well. Bat out of Hell can take out weaker nature heroes, but if you aren't confident, Lock Jaw does rather high damage while also silencing them.
    • Balog acts the same way as Indigo or Torchy, but has normal speed, though is tankier.
    • Overlord Executum lowers enemies' stats, so their skills don't hurt as much.
    • Zurk, upon doing a critical hit, can exhaust targets by 1 Energy. While not necessarily a good choice, if given the chance (and the CRIT chance), he can contribute a lot.
    • Selwyn acts a bit like IGOROK, but is more squishy. Ascending him once lets him Chill any hero who has just used a skill, while also doing rather good damage.
    • Sir William can taunt single-target attacks, while also revenging them, or increasing the defense of his allies.
    • Stone Fist reduces Attack and Defense, allowing for an easier time to kill them. He can also taunt, and is magical.
    • Zen can accelerate slower heroes or disablers. Using him with Bovus, Igorok, possibly Selwyn, and many other heroes can be a good choice.
    • Kozar does a surprisingly high amount of damage, while also lowering Defense. He can also purge buffs on enemy heroes, and has a high amount of Health.
    • Samurai Takumi is an odd choice, but can Chill enemy heroes.
    • Phenol Thoxian can poison enemies, causing them to take damage while your heroes heal from their first round of attacks.
    • Sifu is rather powerful in the early-game, and can kill weaker heroes easily.
    • Shadowblade's high damage helps to severely injure enemies.
    • Kobal can Disease enemies, making them weaker.
    • Therand can Daze, possibly causing them to miss more.
    • Tsume at low health does high damage.
    • Lupina can Fear all enemies, allowing other heroes to deal more damage to them.
    • NubNub can heal high amounts of health. Prepares your other heroes for the next round of attacks.
    • Masuta Kira can help kill runed-up undead heroes easily. Lesser attack and skill runes for him is great for doing damage early-on.

Yokozuna can daze all enemy's as well making him a great option
    Zodiac4EVA