Tower of Pawnage Is Too Easy

I think it's time they made the tower harder and more rewarding.

I had my first attempt today on my alt account which just became level 28 and already perfected it.
2crew969kpm7.png
Zodiac4EVA

Comments

• Well, for the slow/smart levelers it might be too easy, but for the vast majority of players that don't know not to take quest experience rewards that are tossed at them, it can be very hard. When the majority of folks are very far behind the power curve and can't even get half way up it, how can you say it is too easy.

We all know how the game is set up:
    1. get fooled into being behind the power curve.
    2. be force to spend money to be competitive.
    3. DB wins, yay.

However this does not work as well as they think. I end up kicking 7-10 players from our casual guild (on my other account) for being inactive every week. I notice that this happend from levels 25-35 mostly. This is where folks have leveled fast to and then realize they have been duped. They quit. DB should be figuring out how to keep these players so there are millions playing the game spending 20-40 bucks not 5000 whales spending big. But hey they have it all under control.

My stats are just a guess based on out casual guild but if we are anywhere accurate, it could be 1/6th of players quit early? Or more?

litespeed
  • @Zodiac4EVA
    dont even let this thread continue
    it shall die and it must die
    there are more people in this community who cant even get past floor one without having theri entire roster die to a single special attack.
    (i should knwo because my past four towers did that exact thing)
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • I agree. The tower is way to easy. It's not like I mind that it's easy, It's just that there should be a harder tower option with better rewards.
  • nunyanunya Member
    @Brazy so true. There's already enough grind in this game without adding in additional sources.
    nunya
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• meh. tower is such a great concept but is so easy. I am at level 37 and i solo'ed my 5 star FA zomm, and got to about round 8 (manually). But if you read my earlier post, I asked for an option to a harder tower which has better rewards, but you can choose.
  • i dont see a real reson to make tower any more harder than it is
    if its easy then play it without teams and without FA heroes
    im a hardcore grinder
    but the tower i never do unless theres a guild quest for it in any form.
    other than that your probably a very lucky person if its easy for your probably getting teams that dont have any runes of anykind or are extremely under lvled to your roster.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • If you could run the tower with perfection the moment you unlocked Level 28 and the Tower, then you're a highly inefficient player.

Efficiency would dictate getting to Level 28 at a relatively moderate pace, then continuing slowly, building your roster while doing the Tower daily. Because the tower is a significant source of gold and gems, even if you aren't topping out daily. Even without running it to perfection, once you're able to make the top of the tower daily (even making it with a small handful of misfit heroes remaining counts) you're racking up 300 gems and 500K in gold daily, plus the occasional celestial.

So don't #humblebrag about how it's too easy. Recognize that you missed out on quite a bit by avoiding leveling up until your roster was OP.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Tower difficulty has been tuned up and down in the past and I think it is about right as is. At level 70, I can finish mine in about 12-15min which feels about right to me.

I will say that it was more fun when the tower was harder but not so much more that I prefer a longer tower.
    Teal125
  • tower shouldnt allow teams with epics in it cause then your kind of screwed if you sacrifice a hero to draw out the special atttacks and them the masuta epic attacks the backbone of your team
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    If you could run the tower with perfection the moment you unlocked Level 28 and the Tower, then you're a highly inefficient player.

Efficiency would dictate getting to Level 28 at a relatively moderate pace, then continuing slowly, building your roster while doing the Tower daily. Because the tower is a significant source of gold and gems, even if you aren't topping out daily. Even without running it to perfection, once you're able to make the top of the tower daily (even making it with a small handful of misfit heroes remaining counts) you're racking up 300 gems and 500K in gold daily, plus the occasional celestial.

So don't #humblebrag about how it's too easy. Recognize that you missed out on quite a bit by avoiding leveling up until your roster was OP.

It's not like I missed out. All I did was not accepting quests which give lots of xp with other minimal rewards. I guess I am what you call a slow leveler, but it's not like I am hardcore. For example in the honor event quests, I am doing all of them which racks up a massive amount of xp. I got to lvl 28 in like... what? 3 weeks? So yeah...
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited January 11
    You're not the OP. You didn't claim to run a perfect tower the day you leveled up to 28 and were able to run it for the first time. ;) My post was partly snark because people can play the game however they like.

My point was that, from an efficiency standpoint, slow levelling before 28 makes very little sense because you are starving yourself of resources that you could be collecting and using *DAILY* to build a much stronger roster in a shorter amount of time.

So don't humblebrag about being able to run the tower as a perfectionist on day one. You're just admitting that you managed to shoot yourself in the foot and limited your in-game experience for no real benefit.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Wasn't bragging my level 70 account auto runs it in about 10 minutes the point was I can do the same with a level 28 account. I didn't want to say it was too easy when I have a fully ascended level 70 roster because I didn't have an account to compare now that I do it's confirmed that it's too easy and there needs to be a different challenge for different level players in the game. Have an easy tower for those struggling with lesser rewards and a harder for those who have a more powerful roster with better rewards. I'm not going to brag about a level 28 account when there are slow level players who would destroy my alt. Fatcat sometimes I feel you comment because you like seeing your own name.
    Zodiac4EVA

• And I guess that's confirmed you joined January and have made over 800 comments. You certainly ain't no slow commenter you would be level 70 by now. #sepratephoneforforum #howdoyougetthetimelqpxq7oseey1.png
    Zodiac4EVA

• And I'm up to day 38 for rewards so it's not slow levelling it was a combination of getting a 4* grog and crazy insane runes from the winterfest event.
    Zodiac4EVA

• danacdanac Member
    Fatcat be getting lotsa badges.

As for the tower, it used to be much harder.

People complained *incessantly* about it.
    Almost as much as they are now complaining about bait teams. You have been outvoted on this.

What I think would be an ideal solution, and one I’ve trolled with in DB chat, is adding harder floors and a new boss that can be unlocked at higher levels.
  • Thats a good idea danac. I mean i understand it may be difficult and a grind for some however if they made it like you said perhaps it would be better. It needs to not be a grind and something to look forward too?
    Zodiac4EVA

• 800 comments in a year doesn't seem terribly excessive to me.

I am man enough to eat my own words, however: Day 38 to get to level 28 isn't overly limiting. If you're able to turn in a perfect tower already then it seems like runes have made the tower quite a bit less intimidating.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • That is what i meant I was only doing an ALT account to get that new game feeling back and i don't limit i mean that account has a lot of PVP trophies. The Winterfest event made it easy to get runes with the event dungeons. The problem i am referring to is the tower has just become a daily grind and for low levels i guess the 300 gems is rewarding but when you get to higher levels like our normal accounts it's not rewarding. If there was a way to make the tower have different options and harder to make it more exciting would be nice?
    Zodiac4EVA

• I like a lot of the ideas that have been floated around here by Danac and the rest.

* A tower that doesn't end but gets progressively harder -- basically just see how far your roster can go before they get completely killed off.

* Multiple versions of the tower -- easiest, harder, and hardest with progressively higher rewards for reaching the top.

* Changes to include materials, runes, other tokens, etc. in the towers.

My thought is that once they get a revised version of PVP up and running that the tower might be the next thing on the menu to revamp and revisit.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    800 comments in a year doesn't seem terribly excessive to me.

I am man enough to eat my own words, however: Day 38 to get to level 28 isn't overly limiting. If you're able to turn in a perfect tower already then it seems like runes have made the tower quite a bit less intimidating.

Cats are usually such finicky eaters.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I like a lot of the ideas that have been floated around here by Danac and the rest.

* A tower that doesn't end but gets progressively harder -- basically just see how far your roster can go before they get completely killed off.

* Multiple versions of the tower -- easiest, harder, and hardest with progressively higher rewards for reaching the top.

* Changes to include materials, runes, other tokens, etc. in the towers.

My thought is that once they get a revised version of PVP up and running that the tower might be the next thing on the menu to revamp and revisit.

I love it. Devs, if you see this, then please put it into consideration
  • wow... idk how did you do that , i see this with my own eyes
    How can mirrors be real If my eyes aren't real
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• I'm a level 70 now and still have troubles with the tower. Usually takes me over an hour to complete it. Most times I'm going in to the last floor with just 4-5 people remaining. So, please don't make it harder... as not everyone who plays can finish.
    level 70
  • Boneyard wrote: »
    I'm a level 70 now and still have troubles with the tower. Usually takes me over an hour to complete it. Most times I'm going in to the last floor with just 4-5 people remaining. So, please don't make it harder... as not everyone who plays can finish.

Then keep it this same for you guys, and add another harder tower for those who want it. Or just make unlimited floors that get progressively harder with different rewards? sounds great.
  • So many good suggestions! I love the option of two towers (Lord of the Rings!). Or possibly each level after 12 could be a gamble you risk everything you have earned for a higher reward with much harder opponents?
    Zodiac4EVA