Is it worth buying evo monarchs from tower?

I have about 80+ of all evo monarchs except dark. And I need the dark evo monarchs if I want to craft some celestials. Is it worth buying some for 350 pwnage points, or just saving up to buy a rare celestial for 10000 pwnage points?

Comments

• kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited January 12
    Tower is my primary source of Evo sprites, monarchs, and celestials.

If you're looking to craft a celestial - I wouldn't unless you have a surplus of monarchs or are very keen to ascend a hero.
  • I've bought them from there when I was a few away from an ascension. I wouldn't buy them from there to build up a stash, though.
    KashHatton
  • I bought a few Dark Monarchs there occasionally when I was working on FAing my heroes. You will want to weigh the cost of buying them explicitly vs. just buying stamina and Quick Looting/running the dungeons which drop those evos. Agree with Kash -- only want to buy the few you need to hurry along an ascension; it isn't a good "investment", per se, as you'll eventually grow out of the need altogether.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Totally up to you. I typically will save 10K pwn points in reserve just in case I needed to buy a celestial evo, but I have bought some Dark Monarchs with extra pwn points just b/c dark monarchs are always the least amount I have.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I bought a few Dark Monarchs there occasionally when I was working on FAing my heroes. You will want to weigh the cost of buying them explicitly vs. just buying stamina and Quick Looting/running the dungeons which drop those evos. Agree with Kash -- only want to buy the few you need to hurry along an ascension; it isn't a good "investment", per se, as you'll eventually grow out of the need altogether.

That's a good point about the option of purchasing stamina and quick looting dungeons that drop evos. Though from someone not yet 70, I try to avoid earning xp where-ever possible. So buying from the tower avoids the xp gain of dungeons.
  • Thanks for the answers. It's just that in winterfest, I bought about 30k wreaths of evo monarchs, and fully ascended 3 or so heroes. So it seems like quite a good investment. But I agree that using monarchs for crafting should only be done if you have an excess. And also just buying a rare celstial for 10k pwnage points is much better because if you craft one then you need 40x evo monarchs (40x350=14000) and 2 normal celestials which is 26x2 (52x350=18300)=32300 pwnage points which is more than 3 times the price. But it's good when you have heaps of evo monarchs.
  • Although what would you do if you have like 500 of each evo monarchs and 0 of dark evo monarchs? would the same still apply?
  • koolkuba wrote: »
    Although what would you do if you have like 500 of each evo monarchs and 0 of dark evo monarchs? would the same still apply?

Wait until the Tower sells Dark monarchs and buy a ton of them?
  • i use tower to get monarchs. period.
    weighing just under 120 metric tonnes
    with the force of one thousand pounds of diesel power in her fists
    with a whip sword on her right arm
    and a prototype V-cannon residing in her left
    her heart is strong and powerful so a vent was created to expel that passion in a flaming rage from her center
    she fights for justice, and peace.
    don't upset her, for the next time she allows you to motorboat her, it may very well end in flames.
  • Eventually, you will have more evos than you can use. However, the same can be said of pwnage points. Every day I purchase the two energy packs and the rest go into an ever increasing bank account.
    zntCIcd.gif