Is it worth buying evo monarchs from tower?

I have about 80+ of all evo monarchs except dark. And I need the dark evo monarchs if I want to craft some celestials. Is it worth buying some for 350 pwnage points, or just saving up to buy a rare celestial for 10000 pwnage points?

Comments

• kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited January 12
    Tower is my primary source of Evo sprites, monarchs, and celestials.

If you're looking to craft a celestial - I wouldn't unless you have a surplus of monarchs or are very keen to ascend a hero.
  • I've bought them from there when I was a few away from an ascension. I wouldn't buy them from there to build up a stash, though.
    KashHatton
  • I bought a few Dark Monarchs there occasionally when I was working on FAing my heroes. You will want to weigh the cost of buying them explicitly vs. just buying stamina and Quick Looting/running the dungeons which drop those evos. Agree with Kash -- only want to buy the few you need to hurry along an ascension; it isn't a good "investment", per se, as you'll eventually grow out of the need altogether.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Totally up to you. I typically will save 10K pwn points in reserve just in case I needed to buy a celestial evo, but I have bought some Dark Monarchs with extra pwn points just b/c dark monarchs are always the least amount I have.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I bought a few Dark Monarchs there occasionally when I was working on FAing my heroes. You will want to weigh the cost of buying them explicitly vs. just buying stamina and Quick Looting/running the dungeons which drop those evos. Agree with Kash -- only want to buy the few you need to hurry along an ascension; it isn't a good "investment", per se, as you'll eventually grow out of the need altogether.

That's a good point about the option of purchasing stamina and quick looting dungeons that drop evos. Though from someone not yet 70, I try to avoid earning xp where-ever possible. So buying from the tower avoids the xp gain of dungeons.
  • Thanks for the answers. It's just that in winterfest, I bought about 30k wreaths of evo monarchs, and fully ascended 3 or so heroes. So it seems like quite a good investment. But I agree that using monarchs for crafting should only be done if you have an excess. And also just buying a rare celstial for 10k pwnage points is much better because if you craft one then you need 40x evo monarchs (40x350=14000) and 2 normal celestials which is 26x2 (52x350=18300)=32300 pwnage points which is more than 3 times the price. But it's good when you have heaps of evo monarchs.
  • Although what would you do if you have like 500 of each evo monarchs and 0 of dark evo monarchs? would the same still apply?
  • koolkuba wrote: »
    Although what would you do if you have like 500 of each evo monarchs and 0 of dark evo monarchs? would the same still apply?

Wait until the Tower sells Dark monarchs and buy a ton of them?
  • i use tower to get monarchs. period.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • Eventually, you will have more evos than you can use. However, the same can be said of pwnage points. Every day I purchase the two energy packs and the rest go into an ever increasing bank account.
    zntCIcd.gif