PvP Seasons Preview Update FAQs

2»

Comments

• Eej wrote: »
    NateDoge wrote: »
    Eej wrote: »
    @joel @Joveth

How are rank requirements determined? They each require a certain amount of trophies to enter that rank, but how is that amount determined? Is it dynamic or static? Will the different ranks always require the same amount of trophies to enter or will it change based on some quantifiable measure, like performance from the entire player base? Is there a limited number of spots in each rank?

Determined by a number representing "wins" to get to next league tier (what you're calling rank) - we then model actual raids required to get those wins based on assumed win rates / defenses / etc. - it's static
    • Because Seasons plays differently than previous PvP - we had to make some assumptions for the Pre Season - part of the ongoing balance will be to look at actual data of win percentages (across league tiers / player level / etc.), defenses, defense win percentage, etc.
    Yes, trophy requirements per rank tier will absolutely be tuned ongoing season to season - we don't plan on changing these mid-season unless there is a significant issue
    League tiers have no limit to the number of players in them

Ok, thanks for the response. You wouldn't be able to say at this point whether we might see a drastic increase in rank requirements going forward? Drastic to me would be tuning it over about %25 of their current values.

We can't make a commitment yet on constraints of that tuning - a lot is based on getting a few more days of actual play data with a large population set around number of raids attempted, win rates for both attacks and defense, win streaks, and similar. Looking at this data in averages and distributions across player level ranges, League tiers, and play times.

It could (or could not) be a situation where 25% over current values make sense based on trends. I will say this - we do want players to spend a decent portion of a Season around their achievable League tier so that they can take advantage of appropriate daily rewards.

Ok, thanks for the info.
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited January 22
    I will say this - we do want players to spend a decent portion of a Season around their achievable League tier so that they can take advantage of appropriate daily rewards.
    This isn't possible when I'm being massacred by Lv70s constantly - My Chest is usually negative where if repaying it were required - I'd never have gold or honor...fix the matchmaking please. You cite the new system ranks skill - please explain how Lv70s wrecking a Lv54 requires any. Furthermore, I used to easily rank in the top 10 in tournaments where those rewards > Glad 2 (7 tournaments = 1 Season), additionally I easily collected ~200k gold daily from My Chest previously whereas now I earn 0 thanks to the endless attacks by Lv70s...

IGN & Line: N00BST4R Lv69 Top 50 PS9
  • Can anyone truly explain to what degree hammers protect or reinforce your treasure in my dungeon. When using them in the new PVP system it states protected for so many hours. Is this a percentage of protecton or what? I recently used a ton of hammers to reinforce and ended up losing twice the loot. Thanks.
  • RexobRexob Member
    RunWild wrote: »
    Can anyone truly explain to what degree hammers protect or reinforce your treasure in my dungeon. When using them in the new PVP system it states protected for so many hours. Is this a percentage of protecton or what? I recently used a ton of hammers to reinforce and ended up losing twice the loot. Thanks.

Hammers protect all of your "loot" for whatever duration you spend up to.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R Lv69 Top 50 PS9
  • RunWild wrote: »
    Can anyone truly explain to what degree hammers protect or reinforce your treasure in my dungeon. When using them in the new PVP system it states protected for so many hours. Is this a percentage of protecton or what? I recently used a ton of hammers to reinforce and ended up losing twice the loot. Thanks.

You spend hammers to protect your chest for 2 hour increments, up to a max of 20 hours I believe.

Each 2 hour increment costs more and more hammers, with the first increment costing 40 hammers, and the last one costing 1,000 hammers (ridiculous).

But when your chest is protected, no gold or honor can be stolen when someone successfully raids your dungeon. I personally will purchase about 8 hours and let that run our, and then purchase another 8. I see absolutely no reason to spend thousands just to protect your chest longer, especially when spending 1,000 hammers provides the same benefit as 40 hammers.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    RunWild wrote: »

You spend hammers to protect your chest for 2 hour increments, up to a max of 20 hours I believe.

Each 2 hour increment costs more and more hammers, with the first increment costing 40 hammers, and the last one costing 1,000 hammers (ridiculous).

But when your chest is protected, no gold or honor can be stolen when someone successfully raids your dungeon. I personally will purchase about 8 hours and let that run our, and then purchase another 8. I see absolutely no reason to spend thousands just to protect your chest longer, especially when spending 1,000 hammers provides the same benefit as 40 hammers.

I think this system is to just have a similar benefit to logging in often as the old system. If you log in every 2 hours and equip new hammers, it will always cost the lowest amount.
  • I have an important question to ask....the reward for being in the first 100 will add to the reward for having finished in Legend 1 or will it substitute it?
    In other words....if a player will finish in the first 100 will he get both rewards? The logic answer will be both but it's better to be sure about it ;-)
  • "What happens to my trophies at the end of the Season?
    A percentage (about 80%, but subject to change) of your trophies will carry over into the next season to determine your League Tier placement. The amount of trophies that are able to transfer will also be capped between seasons."

What's the max number of trophies that can be trasfered in next season?

• Pardon wrote: »
    I have an important question to ask....the reward for being in the first 100 will add to the reward for having finished in Legend 1 or will it substitute it?
    In other words....if a player will finish in the first 100 will he get both rewards? The logic answer will be both but it's better to be sure about it ;-)

I only have ever understood it as being both. Joveth said something to the extent of if you made it in the top 100, you get bonus rewards.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Pardon wrote: »
    I have an important question to ask....the reward for being in the first 100 will add to the reward for having finished in Legend 1 or will it substitute it?

I only have ever understood it as being both. Joveth said something to the extent of if you made it in the top 100, you get bonus rewards.

That will have sense, also because otherwise in top 100 you will get less medals of honour.
  • AnitaPitaAnitaPita Member
    edited January 30
    @joel @Joveth

League tiers have no limit to the number of players in them

I'm confused as to how many players are in my tier. It seems to be a tiny pool, as I am getting the same players as potential battles, sometimes within 10 minutes. I've started taking screencaps of my potential raids prior to refreshing since it seemed like I kept seeing the same names. Then I made a quick spread sheet (yes, I do have way too much time on my hands) so I could double check. So, I'm spending gold to refresh for new battle foes, except I'm getting the same people. Is that supposed to happen? Are there really so few people in my tier that I should expect to see the same foes over and over again? This does not seem right. (*crittermate is highlighted despite being on the list only once -- I remember seeing the name (and loving it) sometime last week) jvgvkzoddb7g.png
2»