Rune unequip fee .. why ?

Seems to me that this discourages anyone from using different heroes than the ones they currently have high powered runes equipped on. I really don't see any cons to being able to switch your powerful runes from 1 hero to the other without having to spend over half a million gold. Can anyone please enlighten me as to the possible reasons for this ?

Comments

• Soletaken wrote: »
    Seems to me that this discourages anyone from using different heroes than the ones they currently have high powered runes equipped on. I really don't see any cons to being able to switch your powerful runes from 1 hero to the other without having to spend over half a million gold. Can anyone please enlighten me as to the possible reasons for this ?

It's to prevent folks from creating 5-10 really powerful runes and then just switch those around between heroes.

It forces the player to make a somewhat informed decision to determine what runes work best on which characters.

Does it suck to pay millions of gold to upgrade, and then upwards of over 100K gold to unequip one rune? Sure, but it is necessary.

I do think, however, that the cost of unequiping should be re-evaluated and lowered some.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Soletaken wrote: »

It's to prevent folks from creating 5-10 really powerful runes and then just switch those around between heroes.

That is not a problem, nor something worth preventing. Rune unequip costs are just a simple gold sink to encourage spending. Each superior rune you tune into something worth using is, like $10-15 worth of gems. And that's fine if the devs want to do that. It's their right. But it is a definite detriment to the new PVP system. We should be able to just switch around runes and develop new strategies without having to break the bank.

• My thoughts exactly. People often complain PvP teams don't vary very much. Maybe if it didn't cost half a million gold to simply remove runes from a team people might be more prone to experiment with some different hero lineups. Looking at some of the prices in the shop though it doesn't surprise me that greed might be the motivation behind this and a lot of other decisions.
  • Soletaken wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. People often complain PvP teams don't vary very much. Maybe if it didn't cost half a million gold to simply remove runes from a team people might be more prone to experiment with some different hero lineups. Looking at some of the prices in the shop though it doesn't surprise me that greed might be the motivation behind this and a lot of other decisions.

This needs to be seen by the devs. *bump*
  • How about having the runes "soulbound" to the hero you put it on and only way to take it off is to salvage it? Then lets see how the opinions change of spending mere gold to unequip.

By Level 70.. you stumble across WELL over a million gold DAILY. (500k from honor, 500k from tower, 1M from gold island)

What's the big deal?
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited February 27
    Free rune unequip benefits the players with big powerful runes more than the rest of us. They'd just yuse the same 25-30 runes for every PvP attack.
    MelofSteel wrote: »
    How about having the runes "soulbound" to the hero you put it on and only way to take it off is to salvage it? Then lets see how the opinions change of spending mere gold to unequip.

By Level 70.. you stumble across WELL over a million gold DAILY. (500k from honor, 500k from tower, 1M from gold island)

What's the big deal?

Agreed. Gold used to be a limiting factor before Gold Island, but now I have 30 million without really trying as I have very little I can usefully spend it on, and gave up running gold island a couple of weeks ago.

All my heroes are max level and skill so I don't really need evos. A few still have a 3rd ascension to go, but Jabber, Sifu and Balog...

The only hero I can still acquire ( as I'm not VIP 5) is Bauble (I somehow managed to miss having the gems the last 2 times he was featured in Heroic Portal), and it only takes around 5 million to max all his skills when I do get him.

The resource that's really holding me back from arming all my heroes with tasty superior runes is purely gems, plus thet fact that even when you create a superior rune you're as likely as not to get something pretty bad that's going back on the scrap heap.
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    Free rune unequip benefits the players with big powerful runes more than the rest of us. They'd just yuse the same 25-30 runes for every PvP attack.
    MelofSteel wrote: »
    How about having the runes "soulbound" to the hero you put it on and only way to take it off is to salvage it? Then lets see how the opinions change of spending mere gold to unequip.

What's the big deal?

Agreed. Gold used to be a limiting factor before Gold Island, but now I have 30 million without really trying as I have very little I can usefully spend it on, and gave up running gold island a couple of weeks ago.

All my heroes are max level and skill so I don't really need evos. A few still have a 3rd ascension to go, but Jabber, Sifu and Balog...

The only hero I can still acquire ( as I'm not VIP 5) is Bauble (I somehow managed to miss having the gems the last 2 times he was featured in Heroic Portal), and it only takes around 5 million to max all his skills when I do get him.

The resource that's really holding me back from arming all my heroes with tasty superior runes is purely gems, plus thet fact that even when you create a superior rune you're as likely as not to get something pretty bad that's going back on the scrap heap.

Believe me, 30M is NOT a lot of gold considering the costs of upgrading greater/superior legendary runes. One greater legendary 5* rune will cost you over 2M easily.

I would recommend doing the gold island everyday if you want to be at all competitive in this game.
  • Considering not everyone in the game is level 70 and able to earn upwards of a million gold per day, the unequip cost is still a detriment to the majority. People have stated already that unequip costs are simply a gold sink. That being the case, they facilitate a hidden cost of speed leveling to earn more gold and to decrease the relative impact of unequip costs. It's actually a clever way of promoting in-game purchasing of gold. I can see why it's relevant, but it does have the negative effect of stagnating the meta (and frustrating a large portion of the player base).
  • You don't have to be level 70 to earn upwards of a million gold per day. The multiple gold islands, the tower, and gold from the honor shop wil yield over 2 million even on a bad day.
    That said, rune unequip and upgrade is way too expensive.
    KashHatton
  • RawNESRawNES Member
    I play another game called Fantasy War Tactics and when I started they had a gem fee to unequip their version of runes. About three or so months ago they changed the fee to gold instead based on player feedback. And ya know what they did a couple weeks ago? Took the fee off completely. Can you imagine DB doing us such a favor? Me neither.
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    This was already explained in another post why they did not make it free

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/53894/fiction-or-alternative-facts#latest
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png