Did they just make the tower harder?

Comments

• Joveth wrote: »
    Hey folks, me again. After reading your feedback and talking with the dev team, we realize that changing the way the Tower works, even if it means parity with PvP, is not a good player experience. We're working on removing this aspect of the Tower to revert it back to where it was before last night's update. Thanks again for your feedback on this, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

*forces Jabber to do the Happy Dance*

• heelerheeler Member
    edited January 26
    Thank you for agreeing to change it back. Too much other new stuff in the game to focus on right now, too much need for the tower to be as it was.
  • ZuddZudd Member
    Joveth wrote: »
    Hey folks, me again. After reading your feedback and talking with the dev team, we realize that changing the way the Tower works, even if it means parity with PvP, is not a good player experience. We're working on removing this aspect of the Tower to revert it back to where it was before last night's update. Thanks again for your feedback on this, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for listening. As it stands, this is not a fun experience, especially as a lower level player.
  • Whew! I'm glad I came to this thread and read through it. I was shocked this morning when my lvl. 61, 5-star, FA Ponti (Def = 2092; HP = 5257) was jabbed by a lvl. 55, 4-star MK and then dropped to the floor. It made me scratch my head (and throw my phone at the wall). Ended up not being able to complete the Tower, but am now happy that I at least made it to Floor 10! Anyway...just wanted to share my DB adventure for today...

See you all on the Battlefield. Fun game.
  • ZuddZudd Member
    phontonx wrote: »

@joveth What about offering the recent change as a "boss mode" tower? We could choose which mode we want when opening up a new tower: normal or boss? It could offer larger rewards in gems, gold, tokens, etc.

That would satisfy multiple levels of play and most of the previous and current requests.

First revert back, then work on a new change...please.
  • Zudd wrote: »
    phontonx wrote: »

@joveth What about offering the recent change as a "boss mode" tower? We could choose which mode we want when opening up a new tower: normal or boss? It could offer larger rewards in gems, gold, tokens, etc.

That would satisfy multiple levels of play and most of the previous and current requests.

First revert back, then work on a new change...please.

Agreed! No doubt there, brother!

We see the capability is there now, though....
    10328949?gid=

• kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited January 26

I know there was another post a while back with this suggestion -- but if there were two modes of the Tower, and you have to choose it at the start (before you clear any floor), but the "hard mode" gave double gems / gold -- I think you'd have a happy player base.

...Now you have an added feature to the game that helps lower players (normal mode) and something to challenge your 60+ players (and gives them meaningful rewards too)...
  • AgonAgon Member
    edited January 26
    +1 for boss mode tower

*edit* also thanks for keeping us posted!
  • Thank you @Joveth
  • pcg0dpcg0d Member
    edited January 26
    @Joveth :smiley:
    Hey folks!
    Future update: "Introducing: Boss Mode Tower"
    You thought the tower was too easy? Now try this one!
    Make sure you have Boss Mode geared heroes ready for this epic battle!
    Better rewards, yep!
    Harder battles, yep!
    One tower per day, choose wisely!
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • pcg0d wrote: »
    @Joveth :smiley:
    Hey folks
    Future update: "Introducing: Boss Mode Tower"
    You thought the tower was too easy? Now try this one!
    Make sure you have Boss Mode geared heroes ready for this epic battle!
    Better rewards, yep!
    Harder battles, yep!
    One tower per day, choose wisely!
    Fixed that for you.
  • @Joveth thanks for the attention.

Re: some other posts within this thread:

It's one thing to be "one of the few who can finish such a hard tower," but this is, as one poster noted, "godmode on meth." It's not about being *able* to beat it, but about the mistaken notion devs have had since the 80s we, the gamers, enjoy when AI flat-out cheats. Being able to defeat that doesn't make you any more attractive or win the war for the allies.

And please don't suggest they incorporate a godmode on meth option. They won't give bigger rewards for finishing that -- they'll just nerf the current (and already once-nerfed) ToP loot.
  • AgonAgon Member
    Idk I enjoyed the challenge, just wish I would have known about it before I sent in my main teams to die xD

End game people need a bigger challenge than the normal tower, I don't see the problem with suggesting one.
  • Two options when loading your tower would be great, even for end game players. Even when you're a beast, sometimes you don't have time to plan out and work over a really hard tower and it would be nice to choose the quicker and easier option with decreased loot.
    10328949?gid=

• sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited January 26
    In the Tower, if you lose once, you're done. In pvp, you can lose and keep on going.

In the Tower, you can't choose your enemies. In pvp, you can. (I wish you had even more choices in PVP.)

In the Tower you can't see the runes, in PVP you can.

In the Tower, most of us have to use most of our roster, in PVP we only have to choose 4 of our best heroes.

Different places, different constraints.

I do agree there is room for improvement in the Tower for those who are well runed, but for those of us still building our roster it a crap shoot. I think I'll beat today's tower, but probably take my last heroes to manage it. I think I got lucky in the populating.

Thanks, DB, for reverting it at least for now.
  • @Joveth

I appreciate the change for the player base. I'm at the point where I could probably finish a 'God on Meth'' type of tower, so I would be ok wiht that change - as long as it's not sprung on me (hint, hint). I think, as other players stated, that I also appreciated some of the thrill of having to carefully plan to get to the top again.

That being said, we are really hampered by the absence of knowledge of the runes. This is mainly why I think it's the right decision to revert back to a more normal tower. Once you show us the runes, then I think all is fair.

I think the idea of a Boss mode tower and a Normal tower is great. I dont really care if the rewards are similar, I'd do it for kicks, once in a while.
    Thanks for listening to the feedback!
  • Easy. Just make unlimited floors that get progresively harder so more hardcore players can go further and non hardcore players can just do what they did before.
  • pcg0dpcg0d Member
    It would be very interesting if you could buy a 'current floor refresh' in the tower. This would give you a new set of defenders on that one floor.

It would be very interesting if you could buy a refresh of a hero. Full heal. Abilities reset. (Or a refresh of all your heroes.)
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • There is also the issue of not having the increased 40% Life you get in PVP. It is one thing to make it harder, its another to go up against a couple of fast heroes on a floor and they go first and kill you every time. You don't win if you go second and die every time even to their normal hits.

I lost my entire team twice last night to MK and his first attack when I did not realize the difficulty. But even with runes, something was not right as opponent 4 levels lower that where not fully ascended where wiping the floor with me and my fully ascended heroes and runes. It just did not make sense.

Glad it is going back for now. I like shorter towers, time wise.
    litespeed
  • Matsuda241 wrote: »
    Maybe the devs saw this post and decided to spice things up?

s8w5nbaap7sl.png

Dont blame me!!!! well maybe
    Zodiac4EVA

• Joveth wrote: »

Thank you for acting on this so fast @Joveth. I appreciate the attitude towards us.

• Awesome on both accounts! Thanks!

I for one would like to see boss mode tower implemented even if we can't see the runes yet (if it would add a significant amount of time to add that feature). I would still run it on days I had the time for increased loot (maybe even mats, too!) and guessing how they are runed, knowing my heroes might get their faces cleaned! "run at your own risk" ...with the promise of in the future we can see them.
    10328949?gid=

• Is krexx supposed to be freeze-immune? Krexx on my new and improved tower just was.
  • GunnenGunnen Member
    edited January 26
    Lots of great ideas here, I especially like the Boss Mode for the Tower! I'll make sure the design team sees that. As for the Tower change, it just went live!

@joveth Awesome, thanks for the quick fix! Another idea would be to implement the same ui hero choice as we do for pvp a.k.a so we can see the tower enemies of the floor we are on while we are in the hero select..i hate forgetting while building a team, exiting out of hero select, then looking at the level and going back into hero select. Just a quality of life enhancement! Thanks!