Did they just make the tower harder?

124»

Comments

• I, for one, am glad to see a little challenge in regards to the tower for once. A little heads-up next time would be nice though.

You gotta work for those gems, gentlemen.

It wasn't *a little challenge.* and regardless of spin, it was a big.

• danacdanac Member
    A couple of things:
    from Joveth:
    "This is fair, and I appreciate that feedback. In the future, we'll make sure to communicate these changes more directly. "

I seriously doubt it.
    Really, there have been HORDES of times wherein you've silently changed something and then told us after much furor that you'd be sure to communicate more directly or openly.

It. Is. Not. Happening.
    Try harder.

Second, before runes, the tower was nerfed.
    Before the nerf, you could face teams up to ten levels higher than you. It was HARD. Don't think two days of runed floors was even close to how hard it was before.

I noticed the problem midway through my tower run. I do NOT have the best roster, but i adjusted and finished the tower accordingly. I think that in most of the cases of people complaining here, you were taken by surprise and didn't plan out your floors accordingly. Because, believe me, I've had experience with impossible floors, and there certainly weren't any here for me. So I'm looking at some of these complaints as a bit.... superficial.

Having said that, I HAVE had experience with impossible floors, so I know they can exist, my sympathies for those of you who had real problems [I think my record was 26 heroes wipes out by a floor]

Third, the one thing DB has been most responsive to in terms of complaints has been the tower, so it's not a surprise they changed it back, and even if I found the above complaints at times unwarranted, they worked. And that's good for all of us, except the occasional cat who wants more of a challenge.

• Tower defenders still have epic weapons. MK's epic went off against me this morning. I'm not complaining. I think it makes it interesting, but I would like an epic symbol visually available over that defender so I know what I am dealing with. Thanks.
  • Guys it was a BUG. Yes, I was shocked by this change. My dudes got utterly owned and winning that tower cost half my roster. Apparently my level 50ish tower opponents had the runes from level 65-70s that were beating up on me in PVP, thus their strength.

I don't see the tower opponents having SOME REASONABLE runes as a problem... but it kind of sucks to make things harder for zero reward.

Implementing a boss-tower mode would be a nice and welcome change. Basically after tower level 12, you can continue the Boss Floors at 13, each one giving additional rewards up to floor 20.

That seems fairly easy to implement, unless they cannot change the stats of 13-20 without changing 1 thru 12.
  • Warrrax wrote: »
    Guys it was a BUG. Yes, I was shocked by this change. My dudes got utterly owned and winning that tower cost half my roster. Apparently my level 50ish tower opponents had the runes from level 65-70s that were beating up on me in PVP, thus their strength.

I don't see the tower opponents having SOME REASONABLE runes as a problem... but it kind of sucks to make things harder for zero reward.

Implementing a boss-tower mode would be a nice and welcome change. Basically after tower level 12, you can continue the Boss Floors at 13, each one giving additional rewards up to floor 20.

That seems fairly easy to implement, unless they cannot change the stats of 13-20 without changing 1 thru 12.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand, additional challenging floors for better rewards sounds nice.

On the other hand, I already feel obligated to complete the tower daily for the 300 gems. While easy, the tower is still a tedious task to accomplish daily. More challenging floors with better rewards will only make that worse.
  • It was definitely a bug and it wasn't just a matter of having runes on the tower opponents.

The enemies were hitting for way more than they should have, similar to the issue that was happening in PVP earlier in preseason 1 (later fixed). Basically, the larger the difference in levels between your heroes and the enemies, the stronger they appear to be.

I'm looking forward to them turning their focus on the tower, to possibly give us a more challenging option there once they're done "improving" PVP, but the temporary increase in difficulty was really a bug and was rightfully rolled back.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Shig i hear you. It would be tricky to make more floors challenging without making them feel mandatory. Main thing would be to avoid huge reward at 20 or whatever and junk elsewhere. It needs to feel like a bonus with well distributed rewards. Enuf to be worthwhile but not mandatory.
  • danacdanac Member
    Reward stays at 300 for 12 floors same as always. Maybe next floors give rune materials, with final giving superiors mats and gems.
124»