How Does This Happen? PvP My Lvl 70 Champion II team offered a level 23 opponent

BarleymanBarleyman Member
edited January 26 in Tower of Pwnage Talk
8yh9c63i3brk.png

I'm level 70, Champion II league, and was burning some raid tickets during my lunch hour when I got this match up - level 23???

My Defense is around 20k, my offence similar, yet the game offers me an opponent nearly 50 levels below me?

Of course I quickly grabbed four of my weaker, but still level 70 heroes, slammed the level 23 opponent in one (or might have been two) hits, and completed four quests at once.

But how was this poor player even offered as an opponent? I would assume my opponents come from the same league, so was this guy Champion II ? How? It's no good attacking a lot if you can't win, you'll just drive yourself down the leagues, and I'd assume most people in Champion II after a week of new PvP are around the 65-70 level. That's what I'm usually offered as opponents, with Kai, Shade, Furnace, Ponti, Zen, or Kozar, in some combination (PvP is a part of the game where I see interesting strategies).

I'm not complaining, having this shrimp really helped me get some useful tokens, but... how? Does the game just occasionally throw some poor sap a massive loss just for laughs?

Comments

• farfellafarfella Member
    edited January 29
    y12myvljzxxj.png

...if David did it, Thryke can too.
    GO SATIATED GORGONS!!! AND ALL OTHER GORGONS!!!
  • To be fair, David had Jesus... Thryke here only has a poony 3* Daeris
    Jr. Complainer @ Society of Bosses
  • At Champion III or higher, you will be matched to any player regardless of level/league (as explained when tapping the triangular warning sign on the Champion, Warlord & Legend ranks.)
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • edited January 30
    maybe they are just better most
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • fasmfasm Member
    Nice, its happening about every 15th Turn, that you get a weaker opponent, i like it, easier to level up.