Hero Spotlight: Bauble the Flying Construct

JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited January 26 in Hero Spotlights
e1jj92pqcxhg.png

You can watch a video overview of his abilities over on our Facebook Page!

Background: “Eureka!” Therand mumbled, shoving stacks of books and hopping over small hunks of metal to get to a desk across the room. He hurried over to a small box on the desk, and inserted a glowing crystal encased in a tube into an open slot. He closed the hatch on the box, and cranked a switch. Two lights flicked on from the other side of the box. A puff of smoke emanated from the back. Small extensions sprang from the side of the box, raised up, then flapped down suddenly. The box popped up off the desk a foot, and began flapping rapidly around the room, issuing mechanical hoots occasionally when it encountered something new.

The contraption flew a full circle around the room, then finally, it produced a barrel with a lit fuse, and dropped it in the middle of the room. The bomb exploded, sending papers, beakers, and various metals flying away from the center of the room. Scorch marks covered the center of the room, streaking outward, where it met Therand, who stood stunned and covered in soot.

Silence fell. Then suddenly, “It’s perfect!” Therand exclaimed, throwing both hands up in the air.

Most Hated Hero: Kozar – Kozar greeted Bauble by sending some rock shards his way.

Element
Light: +30% bonus against DARK enemies.

Tags: Flying Armored Construct Healer

Traits
  • FLYING – Takes less damage from Melee attacks.
  • CONSTRUCT – Invulnerable to all debuffs but cannot be healed.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • BASIC ATTACK: IFF TARGETING – Melee physical attack on target enemy, OR heals target friendly construct, OR target ally gains a class-specific buff.
  • UNSTABLE BOMB – Ranged Physical Attack on target enemy that applies up to 3 random status effects. Cooldown is reduced for each status effect missed.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Water Evo: 12
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 35
  • Light Evo: 33
  • Infinity Evo: 2

NEW Trait!
  • ARMORED – Reduces damage taken from physical attacks.
  • FLYING II – Takes less damage from Melee attacks.

NEW Ability!
  • POSITIVE CHARGE – Heals or repairs and adds electric skin to all allies.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Fire Evo: 40
  • Light Evo Monarch: 33
  • Incendiary Evo: 8
  • Runed Evo: 4

NEW Traits!
  • VOLATILE COMPONENTS – If an attack would kill this hero, deal revenge damage equal to the attack, up to max health.
  • SHIFTY – Innate ability to Dodge attacks.
  • OVERCLOCKED – Armored Allies have a chance to dodge ranged attacks. Lasts for 1 turn.

NEW Ability!
  • QUESTIONABLE CONTRAILS – Ranged light attack on all enemies that applies Burn, Poison, or Frostbite to each enemy, and buffs ally DEF.
Post edited by Joveth on
Tagged:

Comments

• Love it
  • that sounds a little op
    He who calls the Golem a troll card will not be in the clan of Starley Inc.

yes, me Clash Royale addict
  • is he in the heroic portal?

• cause, i want, and have enough evos to fully ascend him

• edited January 26
    OMG ITS AN OWL I LOVE IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!ukrf0o7dkktx.png this is me right now
    see bauble and furnace look the part of CONSTRUCT. Alexandros looks the part for SPIRIT.
    but bauble seems to good to be true hes definately a VIP hero worthy NOW MOVE SHADE TO HEROIC ALREADY!!!!
    hey @Joveth can you send me his hero portrait please? pretty please i love collecting them.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • So he can heal the furnace then? Dat power creep tho.
  • ran a test run with it, and seems pretty impressive. I like the attack/heal basic skill.
  • His base ho is like 2800 at 5* very low...and seems cool but why which low hp
  • @epicredcard i think its to compensate for the healing he provides and the amount of debuffs he applies to enemies.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • So I was using him in the test dungeon and hit a rather major bug and unsure what happened. Astrid hit Sir William who revenge hit her and then it was stuck in a constant loop, he just continually hit her over and over again, she went from full health to zero and somehow it took out my full health Alex too.
  • so basically... really reminds of Sly Cooper's Clockwerk boss

el8jear6qv34.jpg

y507ztcds1b3.jpg
  • edited January 26
    your'e.......... talking about a game that's not dungeon boss
    so basically... really reminds of Sly Cooper's Clockwerk boss

el8jear6qv34.jpg

y507ztcds1b3.jpg

• 4tom4tom Member
    ghaklah wrote: »
    So I was using him in the test dungeon and hit a rather major bug and unsure what happened. Astrid hit Sir William who revenge hit her and then it was stuck in a constant loop, he just continually hit her over and over again, she went from full health to zero and somehow it took out my full health Alex too.

I'm guessing Astrid was shocked from Julius's barrel. When Astrid hits Alex, the damage is reflected with reflective skin back on Astrid, who is shocked so does damage back to Alex. It goes back and forth a bit until she dies.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • We need a clank hero construct!
  • @iphonesheep no please no
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • @iphonesheep no please no

you do realize most of these heroes are probably inspired from other games. even some of their attack names seem to be song names, such as The Furnace's Under Pressure :)
  • 4tom4tom Member
    @iphonesheep no please no

you do realize most of these heroes are probably inspired from other games. even some of their attack names seem to be song names, such as The Furnace's Under Pressure :)

Daeris came out right after Prince died and her first attack is "Purple Rain"
    zntCIcd.gif
  • Will their be any more chances to get bauble tokens, 15 for this event seems a bit low.
    Life's a party. You're a boy.
  • 4tom wrote: »
    @iphonesheep no please no

Daeris came out right after Prince died and her first attack is "Purple Rain"

...of Sorrow.
  • the shade was also inspired from a post suggesting an overpowered pvp hero to kill the game. a few months later boom
  • @RawNES that was my thought too!

0ovyva40fdpn.jpg
  • Now there's a hero that knows how to give the proper "Tweet"ment. this may be a great hero equal to shades potentiality.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • So it's that the new CNY hero :/

it doesn't look like rooster
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• Definitely agree have him 5 star fully ascended stats kinda weak
  • I think he may be my new favorite hero! He's cute, can repair constructs, and is very versitle. I'd say that Bauble is also fairly balanced, as his base defense and HP is poor, probably the lowest in the game. It seems like his own creator, Therand, would counter him.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • So with his volitail components trait, does it do damage based on how much he is dealt with the killing blow and always capping at max health, how it seems to read, or is it damage bassed on current health.

Example say I have 5000 health max and attack kills him doing 6000 damage I understand he would only do 5000 damage in return.

But if he took 4999 damage from one attack and then 6000 damage from the next would he only return 1 point of damage?

@Joel @Joveth want to clarify? Seems like the latter sadly from my test.
  • 93tqjfwgik0q.jpg
    bioshock anyone?
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • seedyseedy Member
    edited January 27
    Post edited by seedy on
  • So with his volitail components trait, does it do damage based on how much he is dealt with the killing blow and always capping at max health, how it seems to read, or is it damage bassed on current health.

Example say I have 5000 health max and attack kills him doing 6000 damage I understand he would only do 5000 damage in return.

But if he took 4999 damage from one attack and then 6000 damage from the next would he only return 1 point of damage?

@Joel @Joveth want to clarify? Seems like the latter sadly from my test.

This is how I'm reading it:

VOLATILE COMPONENTS – If an attack (6,000 dmg) would kill this hero (1 hp), deal revenge damage equal to the attack (6,000), up to max health (5,000).

So using your numbers, I threw them into the description of the trait to help illustrate what would happen. I would think he would still do 5,000 dmg, even though he had 1 HP left.