Zombi's Superior Rune Guide

Superior Rune Farming Guide is now done. I had perhaps the most requests for this one of all the vids i've done so far, so I'm glad it's finally out there.

Remember to share it with your guildies and anyone else that'd find it useful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xn0ac6aec
Original%20Banner2_zpsiebnr38z.png
Want to join Level Capped? | Line ID: ZOMBI.33 | Email: guildlevelcapped@gmail.com
Level Capped Spotlight
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Page

In Dungeon Boss, the bar for leadership is 500 gems, nothing more.
"im nog suppries abort that antonia." [sic] - aNxem0n

Comments

• Thanks Zombi -- and you have piqued my interest at a certain place in the video.......
  • pjworldpjworld Member
    edited January 30
    That looked painful. I can't imagine what it's like to craft 5 of these superior runes :(

Greater and Improved runes seem to be much easier on the resources/gems.

Is it worth the effort to craft a superior rune over its greater counterpart (in terms of stats)?
  • mhmzayedmhmzayed Member
    edited January 30
    hi zombi your videos are very helpful.... but i have a questions
    why did you stop tunning when you reached a cost of 110 gems is this way better trying you luck with another one or because of the cost and the rarity of superior shreds you try to upgrade it with any cost
  • @mhmzayed He probably stopped because it only had 5% life steal.
  • kpung07 wrote: »
    @mhmzayed He probably stopped because it only had 5% life steal.
    maybe but he knew it early

• I am asking this because sometimes a superior rune cost less than 300 and the next one cost more than a 1000 .... so what is best strategy ?? but a limit or spend whatever it cost
  • He stopped there because he didn't want to go further with a 5% life steal. If it were something like 7% or higher he would of kept going. It's still a good rune, so he tried to get it to 5* legendary. But he limited himself to how many times he would tune it due to the 5% instead of a higher %
    Favorite Hero: High King Valkin
  • @Zombi the first video i ever watched of yours was about bauble
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • ZombiZombi Member
    kpung07 wrote: »
    @mhmzayed He probably stopped because it only had 5% life steal.

Absolutely this. You have to be as disciplined as possible or you'll burn your gems to 0 in no time, same for greater runes too.
    Want to join Level Capped? | Line ID: ZOMBI.33 | Email: guildlevelcapped@gmail.com
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• ZombiZombi Member
    pjworld wrote: »
    Is it worth the effort to craft a superior rune over its greater counterpart (in terms of stats)?

That's a very good question. Superior rune stats are obviously somewhat higher than greater (see some of Foozle's posts here in the forums for specifics), but you can still outstanding results with solid greater runes. I was using greater for a long time as you'll see in my vids, and still managed to do the really nasty dungeons. It just takes longer is all.

So it's a matter of perspective and how much you value your resources.
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• @Zombi at the 7 minute mark you mention a trick to getting the salvaged loot you want, could you please elaborate on this??
  • ZombiZombi Member
    @Zombi the first video i ever watched of yours was about bauble

Better late than never :)
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• After i wasted 3suprior bulwark runes because they don't have helth-helth-defense i changed my strategy i will accept what i get and use it till i get the desired one and use the less wanted rune on less important hero
  • mhmzayed wrote: »
    After i wasted 3suprior bulwark runes because they don't have helth-helth-defense i changed my strategy i will accept what i get and use it till i get the desired one and use the less wanted rune on less important hero

Bulwarks never give Health-Health-Defense.

They do, however, give Defense-Defense-Health.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    mhmzayed wrote: »
    After i wasted 3suprior bulwark runes because they don't have helth-helth-defense i changed my strategy i will accept what i get and use it till i get the desired one and use the less wanted rune on less important hero

Bulwarks never give Health-Health-Defense.

They do, however, give Defense-Defense-Health.

Sorry mistyped it
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    Hey @Zombi what are you talking about at the 7min mark here? I would love to know!

@joel @eej - Regarding what was said at 7 min i asked people and they weren't sure of "efficient ways to get what you want" they all assumed the RNG gods were at play here. My last resort is asking you guys since you work with the devs. Is there an efficient way to salvage runes to get what you want or is it just all RNG?
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png