Slow Leveling In Dungeon Boss, Pvp Updates, The Tower?

2»

Comments

• fphfph Member
    mha64jpe4jer.png
    Always keep striving towards tomorrow because you want to live another day and tomorrow never dies!...DM

• I completely missed this thread the first time around. A bit necro, but nowhere nearly as bad as dredging up stuff from late 2015.

I'm basically the poster boy for NOT slow leveling. I started in February 2016, rushed to level 70 and currently have everyone 6* except:
    5* - Rocky - 213/250
    5* - Grog-Gnog - 150/250
    5* - Ember - 107/250
    5* - Aria - 72/250
    5* - Koros - 70/250
    5* - Bauble - 5/250
    4* - Lily Blossom - 75/150
    4* - Shade - 26/150
    4* - Hopper - 8/150
    Every hero is blessed, except for Selwyn, Sifu, and Abigail.

6 heroes are at max epic, 5 at epic level 11, and the rest at level 10 (except Dagrund who's playing catch up at level 9).

I have all materials required to max epic the remaining heroes except for:
    425 Brimstone
    293 Natural, 670 Flame Crystals
    249 Misty, 270 Crystal, 363 Molten, 418 Jade, and 533 Shadow Totems
    I have a respectable roster power and do okay in PVP, but have never finished in the Top 100. (Maybe this week?)

FWIW - I've now spent $10 on the game (yeah, the $0.99 daily gems special pushed me into double digits). Woohoo VIP2! :)
  • @FatCat69, maybe in addition to showing your total monetary outlay, you could post how much time to play per day so others trying to decide which way to go have a bench mark as to what time outlay they should expect to match your results.

And maybe give those new guys some tips on what your methods were to get where you are, at the speed you used. What where the most import things like not letting your stamina max out and things like that. And based on how the game has changed since you started, portals, runes, hero changes, etc, what is easier now and what is harder to do.

That could be very helpful information.
    Thanks
    litespeed
  • I don't get the argument of which is "better"? Being at max level and having access to all game content potential is fun and what the experience. IMO

not going to do this quest line because it gives xp
    not going to pvp to pace xp (assuming pvp still gives xp)

Then you're missing out on striving to be on a 1st place guild.
    Special event rewards- as most make you grind campaign dungeons.

And if you're mid 60 and still slow levelling that's worse.

Beating on new/inexperienced players at your level on pvp is rewarding? I remember cruising to top dog in my "level zone" mid 60s.. back the the old pvp system and not worried about being matched with max level players... but pvp has evolved now, as others have mentioned.

I don't think anyone should rush too fast on levelling up... running out of gems, gold or potions to sustain your growing roster could be a drag... so pace yourself.

I really don't see a value for slow levelling.

The only downside to being maxed level I've seen right now is I accidentally rolled a superior rune that gives XP.. and didn't realize it wasn't the tactics until It upgraded to legendary.... that was awesomely bitter.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    I completely missed this thread the first time around. A bit necro, but nowhere nearly as bad as dredging up stuff from late 2015.

Trust me, 5 days is a far cry from necroposting.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• FatCat69 wrote: »
    I completely missed this thread the first time around. A bit necro, but nowhere nearly as bad as dredging up stuff from late 2015.

It had actually been two months. Still a lot better than people dredging up stuff from 18 months ago.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator

It had actually been two months. Still a lot better than people dredging up stuff from 18 months ago.

I think the worst I've ever seen is one of the posts made after the forum was cleaned up after the data wipe. Like really? How did you find that stuff?!
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• @FatCat69, maybe in addition to showing your total monetary outlay, you could post how much time to play per day so others trying to decide which way to go have a bench mark as to what time outlay they should expect to match your results.

And maybe give those new guys some tips on what your methods were to get where you are, at the speed you used. What where the most import things like not letting your stamina max out and things like that. And based on how the game has changed since you started, portals, runes, hero changes, etc, what is easier now and what is harder to do.

That could be very helpful information.

This is a great point. That's going to be at least one aspect of the tradeoff -- time vs. money. I was probably tending my game more than most -- making sure I'd spent stamina down to 0 before heading to bed, doing a few quick loots first thing in the morning, making sure I never let stamina or raid tickets ever hit the max and stopped accruing.

Strategically, I did my best to double (or triple) up on quests if at all possible, always ran levels manually (if I had time) to be able to accrue additional stamina from sparklies, and took advantage of event levels if I found that gold or XP potions were dropping at higher than normal rates and/or if stamina was showing up at higher than normal rates (event levels where we were required to do 20 reps often would have a higher stamina drop than normal dungeons).

To keep my roster strength up while quickly levelling, I tried to collect every token available to me on a daily basis -- both in quests and in game. There were plenty times that I would clean out the entire map of every useable token, especially once I started to 6* a few of my heroes. I would especially prioritize heroes which were getting close to their next star, as well as tokens which only appeared a few times on the map (as those would obviously take more days to star up).

There are things that I was able to take advantage of that simply aren't available to current players. For example, I maxed my Honor Portal roster while the old portals were in place, so it made it much easier to get them all to 6*. And I was able to 6* many other heroes and clear the map effectively daily because those runs were done pre-runes, when every manual run of Challenge Mode guaranteed you'd get a silver chest or higher. And I was able to add 2-3 stars to both Ember and Aria via Bounty Events back when Ember MK and Kozar Zen were still viable (would have taken SO MUCH AETHER).

I had two big failings / realizations after the fact. 1) Honor Shop gold was a great deal back then and I hadn't been taking advantage of it daily for the first few months (no longer a great deal) and 2) I didn't realize that I really should have hit the Great Portal much harder, much earlier. Most of my Great Portal heroes were maxed through daily play, but while I was spamming a million Great Summons to max my Bovus and generating a piddly amount of aether for all the unusable bronze tokens, I realized that it would have been far more effective to use the Great Portal earlier in the game so that those tokens would have been actual tokens instead of the horribly inefficient handful of aether. Using it earlier would have also starred up my heroes more quickly without the commensurate XP and would have gotten me to six star territory much earlier in the game.
  • Im almost persuaded to stop slow leveling after reading this. I guess old habits die hard. I quit the game for a year and just came back a few weeks ago. I did not realize that pvp match making had been changed where your player lvl did not matter. Im lvl 53. My rune situation is pretty pathetic. I dont have many of the newer heroes that came out in the last year. I do have most of the old heroes at 5 or 6 stars. Once i get to lvl 60 then I start to get epics and greater runes??
    Im a lvl thirty eleven Lagromancer
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Yep. The real end game starts at 60. Also, levelling slows down SIGNIFICANTLY about that same spot. Those last 10 levels are tortuously long.
  • It makes me super happy seeing this random thread of myself and @Agon getting thoroughly annoyed get necro'd and bumped again and again.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    You and Agon were correct. Why be embarrassed of your responses?

And it's not terribly necro. Only slightly so. Was barely two months old when first bumped.

BTW - *bump*
2»