Epic Upgrade Materials Needed - Updated 4/11/2017 through Dagrund

FoozleFoozle Member
edited April 11 in Boss Mode Discussion
Here is the latest data. Thanks for @itirnitii and @MaCoPi for helping find errors in the previous data.

mndrw4vmbdaw.jpg
mb99uhjqnzt5.jpg
1fd8j8snt1c5.jpg
2o9id0ymqtic.jpg
okj540r9rkap.jpg
mccg7qp74hj1.jpg
66fqjtrls1la.jpg
f54y2r7uocdd.jpg
2w2c40wd0lxr.jpg
myelxdinmvq6.jpg
Post edited by Foozle on

Comments

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited February 25
    Hey @Foozle, thanks so much for putting all of these together.

I would love to see the "Raw Materials needed to Max Epic Weapons" table with the materials sorted by type, i.e. totems, plants, crystals, and raw materials sorted alphabetically within each category.

Looking to see which mats in each category are being statistically hammered vs. the others.

Also, looking through my own heroes it looks like they might have fixed the overexuberance of Flame Etched bars:
    * Icebloom, Yasmin, IGOROK, and Yorick require 10 Frost Etched bars at Epic 10
    * Kobal and Brom require 10 Shadow Etched bars
    * Hansuke and Willow require 10 Earth Etched bars
    * Emily requires 10 Light Etched bars.

MK and Shade and Bovus are already maxed so I can't verify them, but I'm guessing they've also been corrected.

P.S. - I do still find it odd that they all still require 10 Flame Spirits at Level 10. I think this is also a bug. The Blue heroes should require Frost Spirits, the Green heroes should require Earth Spirits, the Dark heroes should require Shadow Spirits, and the Light heroes should require Lost Spirits. @eej, @joel #FixTheBrimstoneImbalance #FreeBrimstone :smile:
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • graddersgradders Member
    edited February 25
    Great stats. Thanks

Given, for normal players, to max out all hero epics is an impossibility, I have found that I simply don't upgrade anyone anymore for fear I'll need all the materials for a new epic for a useful hero. So I maxed out Yorick early on, to help Pve dead team and boss campaign etc. with Brom one upgrade off max. I then maxed out MK for PvP and beefed up Willow for the same reason. But I don't have Shade and apart from Emily, who might be worth maxing as she's unkillable (but for now - nerf soon i guess), and Yasmin (for auto run Pve) why bother with the rest? Pyre embers are needed in runes too.

Basically by making it impossibly hard they've effectively made it redundant. Epics for low to mid range heroes simply aren't worth the effort. Token packs help but Pyre embers are a huge problem.
  • Pure embers got a lot more plentiful once I stopped crafting Improved runes. Brimstone is still very constrained.

Ice, flame, and natural crystals seem less plentiful than the rest.

Mandrake Root and Monkshood are definitely the difficult ones in the plant world.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • @FatCat69 thanks for the suggestions. I'll see what I can do to provide. I'm not seeing the images anymore - I just see strange icons instead. Anyone else having this issue or do the images show up ok for you?
  • Images are showing for me. Thanks Foozle! It's a lot of work you've done here. Please know it's very appreciated.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited February 25
    Is it true they fixed the fire etched bars? I would love to see the spirits and tomes fixed as well.

Anyone have a screen shot of the requirements for non-red level 10 epic?
    Ranked top 10 every PVP season to date.
    https://postimg.org/gallery/38mjf91kk/
    Pre-seasons: 6th, 6th, 6th, 3rd, 2nd, 6th, 1st, 10th, 5th
    edited February 25
    Yep. Etched bars are fixed. I just posted that above.

The spirit used is what controls which tome is required. If that is fixed, the appropriate tome will be used for each hero.

o9zmpugjrdo0.png
    wb5y09p8vgkp.png
    20rmziuk54w6.png
    8z0qvkt4xa1s.png
    cszmk49q27bl.png
    muib32wghzhb.png
    gettfo8pp25o.png
    lffvaunahuyf.png
    mhq3fxlrm7qe.png

Post edited by FatCat69 on
    9gJSaHl.gif
    edited February 25
    All those extra Flame Spirits are just killer.

12 heroes with the wrong crafted material works out to 240 extra Flame Spirits, which each require Flame Etched bars and Fire Essences that we are having to create instead of Etched Bars and Essence for the appropriate elements.

I wondered what had happened because I had preemptively created a bunch of the Etched Bars for each element when I was hitting the top of each material, but many of those Etched Bars have gone unused.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • @Joel @Eej this should really be looked at with Flame Spirits being used in every epic upgrade, this can't be intentional?
  • @FatCat69 It seems as though there's some confusion. The screenshots you posted are Epics at level 10 trying to upgrade to level 11. Even Foozle's charts accounts for those as Frost Etched Bars. The flame etched bars are a part of upgrading from 9 to 10.
    edited February 26
    Ahhh. So it does. I misread the charts. I'm sorry.

Now that you mention it, I do remember making Flame Etched Bars for each of them at Epic Level 9. So not yet fixed. :(

Sorry Foozle! Didn't mean to get your hopes up. And good suggestion to post the screens Itirnitii.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Since this is such an important topic I felt it deserves to be bumped so It's not ignored and swept under the carpet.

I like many others want to get the epics maxed for all characters as and when they become available but with every additional epic it compounds the resources problem.

Having resources for epics also competing with creating low and mid ranged tunes is frustrating and poor game play.

My example pics which are not uncommon show clearly that we have many of some types and nothing of others.

g20rhgja9l9r.png
    aix70utwtxnb.png
    ed1dkpbm1hvp.png
    bu6b7fl4ylye.png
    da18xvsltp76.png
    o6r8dqqm3rht.png
    sdzhhgraqav7.png
    gsz795adk9zb.png
    q4b348y74y20.png
    afcshm6ajpap.png
    piwgh6g2ub0l.png
    xaz05bm3j37n.png
    h7tx5axmpyzh.png
    ah3jut6nuz66.png
    o7tzmyfwv6oj.png
    6fr5f1mvyg76.png
    a3bu091fm0mh.png
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited March 7
    Updated through Shadowblade. Looks like the Dark epics have been fixed -- Shadowblade no longer requires Crystal Totems early on and now properly uses Shadow Totems. I can't go back and confirm whether they fixed for all previous Dark heroes, but I'm assuming so. If anyone has not yet upgraded their other dark hero epics, please let me know if Crystal totems are still required for either level 3 or 4.

Also, I still have King Yorick and Bovus using different materials than their other elemental counterparts. These may have also been fixed but I can't check as I've maxed my epics. If someone can check those that would be great also. Would be nice to get rid of the separate Yorick and Bovus charts and combine with their other elemental hero counterparts.

Thanks
  • I would also be very interested to know this information.
    edited March 7
    Still waiting for them to fix the Flame Spirit and Flame Etched Bars at level 9->10 and 10->11 for all the non Fire element heroes.

@Eej @Joel Can we ever get clarification and corrections for the anomalies that Foozle and Itirnitii have documented?
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Looks like Bovus and Yorick still use different totems for their upper levels than their nature and water counterparts.

@Eej or @Joel -- can those be adjusted to match the rest of the same elemental heroes? Would be nice if I could get rid of a couple extra tables and not have to track them separately. Thanks
  • DazzerDoom wrote: »
    Since this is such an important topic I felt it deserves to be bumped so It's not ignored and swept under the carpet.

I like many others want to get the epics maxed for all characters as and when they become available but with every additional epic it compounds the resources problem.

Having resources for epics also competing with creating low and mid ranged tunes is frustrating and poor game play.

My example pics which are not uncommon show clearly that we have many of some types and nothing of others.

I've removed the pictures for brevity, but this is exactly where I am right now.

I'm currently farming resources trying to max Yorick's epic, currently level 11. What is holding me back is a shortage of pyre embers, flame and earth crystals. None of these drop reliably anywhere, and when they do it's often only one, when we need 2 or 3 of each to make a single item. Meanwhile the other materials like monkshood, wildfire blossom or mushroom I have hundreds of, and usually only need one at a time. I've been farming Savage Grove all day, with barely any Earth Crystals to show for it.

I'll get there eventually, but that's a crazy imbalance.
  • BlothBloth Member
    Requirements for epics are ridiculous. As posted above, why does EVERYTHING need flame spirits and etched bars !? Why are their more mistakes than corrections with game lately ?
    edited March 27
    @Foozle has confirmation been made on whether nubnub fits the typical green heroes? working on them now so curious if you have these findings.

Also noticing that you changed the chart headers making them more generic instead of calling out each hero individually (which makes sense as we get more and more heroes). Because of this I now notice that only King Yorick and Bovus are the only two heroes that deviate from there standard color framework? Can you verify this to be true thus far?

I assume if that is true, that the only differences is in the higher end totems (strange, mysterious, saintly, wicked).
  • Btw - Foozle, this spreadsheet has been totally invaluable. I probably should have looked at the requirements as I leveled Nub Nub up. I have him sitting at Epic Level 11 now, so can post the image of that step.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    itirnitii wrote: »
    @Foozle has confirmation been made on whether nubnub fits the typical green heroes? working on them now so curious if you have these findings.

Also noticing that you changed the chart headers making them more generic instead of calling out each hero individually (which makes sense as we get more and more heroes). Because of this I now notice that only King Yorick and Bovus are the only two heroes that deviate from there standard color framework? Can you verify this to be true thus far?

I assume if that is true, that the only differences is in the higher end totems (strange, mysterious, saintly, wicked).

I leveled Nub Nub and he follows the same pattern as Bovus. The only difference between bovus/nub and the other nature heroes is the use of iron instead of frozen steel (which makes sense) and the change from Mysterious to Strange totems. It is possible they went back and changed the other nature heroes, but they haven't provided any confirmation of this. Would be nice if they would.
  • This works! Thanks for confirmation.

I added an entry for him and pointed it at the same requirements for Bovus (figured it would be good enough for an estimate). Happy to find out it's actually accurate. ;)
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • edited April 7
    Pyre shards not required for every epic level!! Finally a use for all this grave iron!

vjancrwbvwuc.png
    centralcommand
    edited April 7
    Awesome!

I wish there was an easy way to always verify what the current requirements are for every hero at every level. Wonder if other dark heroes got this treatment?
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Awesome!

I wish there was an easy way to always verify what the current requirements are for every hero at every level. Wonder if other dark heroes got this treatment?

Yeah, no way to check for heroes that are fully upgraded already unfortunately!
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Added Dagrund. Note that they changed the pattern of dark heroes starting with Dagrund, which was most welcome. Instead of pyre embers at each level, they substituted grave iron instead. Pyre embers are still required for levels 7 and 8, but at least they were reduced significantly. Grave iron is much more abundant.

I'd still like them to consider changing Blazing Tome, Flame Spirits and Flame Etched bars to something more Dark related, but at least this is a step in the right direction.

It doesn't appear that they changed the previous dark hero epics (Shade, Brom, Kobal, Shadowblade) to this new pattern, so likely will only be for newly introduced heroes.
    edited April 12
    @Eej @Joel what are the odds we'll get a response here?

>> Are Blazing Tomes, Flame Spirits, and Flame Etched Bars used for EVERY hero intentional?
    >> Do we ever have to worry about heroes epic requirements being retroactively altered?
    >> Is uniformity across all heroes of the same color even a concern or is it intentional to be different across different heroes of the same color?
    edited April 17
    Foozle I am just wrapping up Bovus' chart and noticing a couple more inconsistencies in the last upgrade step for Green Ivy, Pure Gold, and Ebony.

Green Ivy I have 23 vs. your 26
    Pure Gold I have 5 vs. your 4
    Ebony I have 5 vs. your 4

Everything else checked out.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was wrong about pure gold and ebony, but double check the Green Ivy. See if I am overlooking something.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Foozle I am just wrapping up Bovus' chart and noticing a couple more inconsistencies in the last upgrade step for Green Ivy, Pure Gold, and Ebony.

Green Ivy I have 23 vs. your 26
    Pure Gold I have 5 vs. your 4
    Ebony I have 5 vs. your 4

Everything else checked out.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was wrong about pure gold and ebony, but double check the Green Ivy. See if I am overlooking something.

Yes, I think you are correct about Green Ivy. I had Ancient Core using 3x green ivy twice, when it should only be 3x once. It is odd that it wasn't caught before since the same error is on all heroes. The total materials should be 2117 rather than 2120. Maybe I had it correct at one point then somehow changed it accidentally and I didn't notice.

Let me know if you agree all heroes have the same error and I'll update.

Thanks