[Updated 2/9/17] The Great Guild Games Are Here! New Rewards & Features!

Comments

• @BeaversKleaver Yeh, I was surprised at how low the purple chest rate is currently (with rune chests). I hadn't noticed before. A little tip. Gold, XP, and Evo islands appear to have higher purple chest rates since there are no rune chests. Good luck!
  • iphonesheepiphonesheep Member
    edited February 10
    Valadez wrote: »
    It's funny when the question was asked, I was still scrolling down and I made a mental note "I bet that's the only question/concern that gets a blue comment" , sadly I was right

Don't know why it's sad that Joveth replied to that. The majority of the boards are complaining about stuff that he's not able to snap his fingers and fix.

But that bit of information was easily answerable and helps people out.

@danac does a nice job of explaining the tip of it, delve more into the preseason 2 thread in my dungeon discussion to see. It is indeed sad that the most addressed concern on these boards is "when does x event end", and "how long does x run for"?.

• seanlucky wrote: »
    @BeaversKleaver Yeh, I was surprised at how low the purple chest rate is currently (with rune chests). I hadn't noticed before. A little tip. Gold, XP, and Evo islands appear to have higher purple chest rates since there are no rune chests. Good luck!

Beat me to it. I was going to point this out, exactly.

• FatCat69 wrote: »
    seanlucky wrote: »
    @BeaversKleaver Yeh, I was surprised at how low the purple chest rate is currently (with rune chests). I hadn't noticed before. A little tip. Gold, XP, and Evo islands appear to have higher purple chest rates since there are no rune chests. Good luck!

Beat me to it. I was going to point this out, exactly.

I think purple chests are about a 5% drop when you find a chest, and getting a chest is probably 50%. As I stated in another thread, I think this quest was a "spend 400 stamina" quest veiled behind different words.
  • seanlucky wrote: »

Gold Island purple chests don't seem to count toward the quest.

This was a pretty sucky quest. No strategy, no game play. Just a resource pit. Next time, just say: give up 500 stamina and 100 keys, move on to the next level. It'd be quicker and just as interesting.
  • zawizawi Member
    Does anybody know or somebody asked already if changing guild during event will transfer my guild points?
  • Ok, I don't feel sorry for Joveth anymore. Good luck to him, and even more so, good luck to Eej.
    l4Ho0K1RYjomMxwbu.gif

• @FatCat69 and @seanlucky, thanks! I managed to get one on the first pull in gold island... completed! Seriously, the most pain in the a$$ quest. Hahahahah.
    bp4be7i8aa18.png
  • Is the Guild games permanent or its limited for the number of days?
  • Aside from the Jerry quest itself being a horrible idea, I'm especially bummed that I spent 400 stam quick looting yesterday, and today i login to find out it's 3x mat day. If I had waited I could have gotten some actual loot for my troubles. Feels like I've been screwed twice.
  • heelerheeler Member
    edited February 11
    Yeah, I rarely complain twice about something, but this purple chest quest is the worst idea ever. I have folks who are spending 1000 - 1500 stamina on it. No fun, no good reason for this. Extremely thoughtless, DB. I am encouraging those who go way beyond what you'd expect (200 stamina as the average, if purple chests have a 5% drop rate) to submit service tickets. This is just mean and stupid. Guild Games are meant (from our perspective) to bring guild members together, not to demoralize us.

Also, this quest seems to be extremely glitchy. Sometimes a purple chest on gold island or a Challenge dungeon counts, sometimes it doesn't. An extremely annoying element of an extremely annoying quest!

This is why people resort to exploits!
    Post edited by heeler on
  • I totally agree, the purple chest is absurd because it is absurd the drop rate of them.
    Like I have written in another post this game is becoming every more similar to a poker online but there are not the same customers....
    So, if Big Fish thinks that transforming everything in an annoying gamble will increase their profits they are totally wrong, because this feeling of uncertainty every time that you are looking for something, the fact that you have to spend tons of stamina before you get what you are looking for and that after it can be wasted if for example in crafting a rune you get very bad stats will lead us to stop spending, because nobody wants to feel duped or even cheated, like when you get a superior rune with 2 resistances, that were introduced only to make us waste materials. Stop this before that it will be too late
  • Joveth wrote: »
    Foozle wrote: »
    Deetr wrote: »
    @Joveth This might have been asked already and be gentle if it has, but when do the guild games end? There's no quest timer of "X days left" in game or on the main post here.

Typically Sunday at midnight, but would be good to have the official answer.

this is the correct answer :)

Is that midnight CST or EST?

And can we safely move people out of our guilds right after the tourney reset?
  • Always midnight CST.
  • heeler wrote: »
    Joveth wrote: »
    Foozle wrote: »
    Deetr wrote: »
    @Joveth This might have been asked already and be gentle if it has, but when do the guild games end? There's no quest timer of "X days left" in game or on the main post here.

Typically Sunday at midnight, but would be good to have the official answer.

this is the correct answer :)

Is that midnight CST or EST?

And can we safely move people out of our guilds right after the tourney reset?

They generally recommend waiting a few hours before making guild member changes, but that was early on. Maybe they've got a better system now to capture data quicker. However, it might be best to wait a bit unless they say otherwise.
  • Ok, I don't feel sorry for Joveth anymore. Good luck to him, and even more so, good luck to Eej.

Joveth is free. Eej doesn't need luck at all. Just thick skin and firm resolve. Also, the ability to continually tell white lies to the user base to keep them from rioting. Luck has no place here.
  • Renly wrote: »
    Overall I appreciated the changes to this Games Games - most notably, the Tracker and tighter restrictions on holding quests. Two things really disappointed me with this Guild Games though:

1. The lack of a notification when completing the Jerry Quest - Not once did I receive a pop up notification when I hit 5 raids. This caused me to waste so many raids because I was already at 5/5 - which essentially translates to me flushing gems down the toilet. How convenient that this notification was broken for an entire week *rolls eyes*

2. The ratio to Guild Points:Tickets Earned should be 1:1. Farming one quest ad nauseum for a week straight should yield a far greater amount of event tickets.

Lastly, while I really enjoy the tracker, I really wish everyones totals were available in the same way that Crowns are. While the current tracker does make it much easier, it still requires a good bit of daily out of game coordination and communication.

I agree with you. There was a lot I liked, but I am also super cranky about some things. On your second point, many of the quests were designed to give either good rewards to the individual player (tickets, tokens) or to the guild (guild points), but not both. If they were good in one way, they were bad the other way. That is just obnoxious.

Quest completion notification has been broken since the pvp update. I was told that it was a low priority to fix. Maybe if some others commented on my post about it, it would become a higher priority.

And the purple chest quest. Someone needs to be fired over that one.
  • joeeycarterjoeeycarter Member
    edited February 13
    Please could you not give us the option to earn tickets in units of 50 if there is no way spend said currency. I have 250 tickets just sitting there looking lonely and undervalued.

I was so upset by this it caused me to throw my phone down 3 flights of stairs and shatter completely. I personally blame the DB Dev team for my broken phone and I will be sending an invoice for the cost. If we don't have phones/tablets, how are we meant to play? Do you really want everyone to stop playing? Do ya? Do ya? I believe I have made my point.

Okay, I may have been exaggerating slightly but you get my drift. Just a small thing that is slightly careless more than anything.

@Eej
    joeeycarter
    Level 70
    GM of Thunderous Rage
    yfquqg8esdy8.gif
  • @eej @Joel

Guys could you let us know what the word is on swapping guild members yet? Are we at risk of messing up the GG counts if we do? Also could we lay out final result expectations and guild player changes at reset ahead of time for the next GG?

Thanks
    Anubis
  • Yes, that would be ideal. Tell us in advance with GG: It will absolutely be safe to move guild members into different guilds on Monday at XX:XX CST.
  • I'm not saying there aren't some pretty important articles on this forum that need tended to but on a Monday after a GG I'm pretty sure the answer to the above is the most important thing going on right now. Guilds have members waiting to get in and as every hour passes by its a new day in other countries and their Monday crowns just went down the drain. A little help please. I don't care when the results are released I just want to know when I can switch guild members before they lose the ability to get their Mondays crowns.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    You are now able to switch guilds! :smiley:
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »

@joel What if people switched guilds 6 hours ago?
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Drocas wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Then you have now entered the twilight zone :open_mouth:
  • Anûbis wrote: »
    Drocas wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Then you have now entered the twilight zone :open_mouth:

Doo-doo-Doo-doo-Doo-doo-Doo-doo-Doo-doo-

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Would have been nice to have a little more time to use our tickets. Wanted to buy stuff this morning, as I couldn't make it yesterday and lost 20k tickets. :(
  • Taronus wrote: »
    Would have been nice to have a little more time to use our tickets. Wanted to buy stuff this morning, as I couldn't make it yesterday and lost 20k tickets. :(

me too. In fact, I was waiting for final guild games standings to see if I needed to by Daeris tokens and lost 24k. I’m mighty ticked about this, but I should have remembered when tickets expired.
  • danac wrote: »
    Taronus wrote: »
    Would have been nice to have a little more time to use our tickets. Wanted to buy stuff this morning, as I couldn't make it yesterday and lost 20k tickets. :(

me too. In fact, I was waiting for final guild games standings to see if I needed to by Daeris tokens and lost 24k. I’m mighty ticked about this, but I should have remembered when tickets expired.

Actually would have been nice if the games ended, the totals were AUTOMATICALLY tabulated and the awards went out. Then we would have known exactly how many Daeris tokens we still needed, if any. I've never seen another online game where something like this wasn't automatically done as part of the system instead of manually handled by staff.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN