Love Burns Brightly, And So Does Fire! [New Quests Now Available!]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
4g0vncyq5qfw.png

It's a week of romantic flowers, chocolates, and warm feelings. Very warm feelings. In fact, scorching hot feelings that will give you third degree burns if you aren't careful!

We're starting things off strong with the "Next Top Hog" questline for the Pig Kahuna Pignius skin as well as several other fiery quests. The Pignius quest will be available until Friday, and the burning quests will be available until next Monday. We'll be adding more quests as the week goes on, so be sure to keep an eye on your quest log!

You'll notice that our darling demonic Nitpick is also sporting a new look in the unlockable event dungeon. While the "Heart Breaker Nitpick" skin is not available just yet, it will be in the shop later this week!

UPDATE (2/16): New quests are now available, and that's not all! Koros, the Magic Eater is here and is hungry for battle! There will be a new Koros-related quest available every day for the rest of the event. Each of those quests will only be available for 24 hours (you'll be able to tell which ones they are because they say "Koros Day X"), but all of the other quests that were added today will be available for the rest of the event.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• what's a good dungeon to burn a bunch of warriors?
  • VamseVamse Member
    edited February 2017
    Wait, so Nitpick is going to be the first hero with three skins including the normal skin?
  • I'm guessing nitpick skin will be $ only
  • Joel wrote: »
    4g0vncyq5qfw.png

It's a week of romantic flowers, chocolates, and warm feelings. Very warm feelings. In fact, scorching hot feelings that will give you third degree burns if you aren't careful!

We're starting things off strong with the "Next Top Hog" questline for the Pig Kahuna Pignius skin as well as several other fiery quests. The Pignius quest will be available until Friday, and the burning quests will be available until next Monday. We'll be adding more quests as the week goes on, so be sure to keep an eye on your quest log!

You'll notice that our darling demonic Nitpick is also sporting a new look in the unlockable event dungeon. While the "Heart Breaker Nitpick" skin is not available just yet, it will be in the shop later this week!

Is this the first Hero with two skins now? In other words, is it even worth to go collect mltiple skins for one hero if you can't wear two at once? (This would look fun, I'd like it)
  • Just a note, the nitpick event dungeon is pathetic. Apart from seeing the new skin, you only get 50k gold, whilst it says complete the special dungeon for "tons of gold". Totally not worth the time of burning 40 enemies
    Life's a party. You're a boy.
  • Both dungeons were pretty bad. Very little gold (got 75k) from Nitpick. The rune dungeon gives out improved runes, which may be good for lower levels, but now at level 57, its not worth the grind unless it is a greater rune. The rune I got was not even a good one, honestly.
  • Both dungeons were pretty bad. Very little gold (got 75k) from Nitpick. The rune dungeon gives out improved runes, which may be good for lower levels, but now at level 57, its not worth the grind unless it is a greater rune. The rune I got was not even a good one, honestly.

@CommanderLeksa the level 70 version of the dungeon gives out greaters.
  • I figured as much, Gunnen. They want us lower levels to just level as fast as possible, so they aren't likely to be giving us the runes we need at this level. Sigh.
  • RandomUser wrote: »
    In other words, is it even worth to go collect mltiple skins for one hero if you can't wear two at once? (This would look fun, I'd like it)

Even though I cannot wear them at once, I do have a few of jockstraps in my drawer.

Jr. Complainer @ Society of Bosses
  • Are the event rewards rubbish for everyone or are there some getting stuff worth the 10 stamina investment?
  • Oh yeah... Plus the pre work...
  • And my whole crew dead in the first room of the nim quest reward. This is fun right?
    level 70
  • Boneyard wrote: »
    And my whole crew dead in the first room of the nim quest reward. This is fun right?
    yeah, that was a fun surprise..
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • @Joel Is there a end to the burn 40x quests? Or do they just repeat forever untill monday?
  • Thanks for the heads up, Matt. Sounds like a good time for a bit of a break.
  • Serious question, @Eej ...

Was this set of quests intended to placate the few who would complain about not having quests and give the rest of us a break after Guild Games?

It sure seems that way. Repeat these mindless, repetitive tasks for rewards you could quick loot in a few minutes from Boss Mode.

KashHatton
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited February 2017
    I think sometimes the Dungeon Boss team looses focus of the overall goal: fun.

Fun makes us want to play. Us wanting to play leads to revenue for them. This should always be the test when they are pitching ideas around internally...will this be fun? If the answer is "no", the event can only be a success if the rewards are through the roof (unlocking shade via quest was not fun, but the reward was very valuable).

If the answer is "no" AND the rewards are bad, you've failed in implementing the event. Take an internal poll on your end. Ask everyone involved whether they really think people want to perform some mindless boring tasks like "burn enemies" for several hours in order to get a small handful of common tokens, an irrelevant amount of gold, and a scrap rune. I promise no one will say they expect players to enjoy that. Which then begs the question, is it really worth implementing just because it fits the Valentin's Day/red hero theme?

• NateDogeNateDoge Member
    edited February 2017
    Got a 3-star resist rune out of running the very tough Nimriel dungeon. Lol. Never again.

edit: that said, i DO like the extra mats for using friends. That's a smart idea. Would love to see more rewards for friend use.
  • kpung07 wrote: »
    what's a good dungeon to burn a bunch of warriors?

why do you ask this? I got two quests, burn healers, and burn yellows. This is the second ref I've seen to burning warriors.
    What gives?
  • @danac at lvl 70 the first quests are burning frozen enemies, burning shadow enemies, burning tanks (at least for me)

Well, sometimes I think they are getting too greedy. Removing the juwels over time for fair money, lowering the pvp gold, giving fewer tickets in guild games, cutting the weekly crown rewards to half....

And with every "event" they force us to play this broken PvP as much as possible, I really feel like a beta-tester now. I think the "fun" has gone within the last weeks. Sadly I invested some real money into this game, otherwise I would have moved on some weeks ago.
  • I have burn greens and burn healers. Sounds like there are several variants going around. Might change after the first 40.
  • I was hoping they were going to say there was a mistake and the event payouts were incorrect.... Guess not...

I'll use my stamina to run fire Island.
  • Any sugestion for teams for nim and nitpick dungeons?
  • zawi wrote: »
    Any sugestion for teams for nim and nitpick dungeons?

Would not bother buddy
  • TaronusTaronus Member
    edited February 2017
    Got a 3 star rare greater rune at lvl 63 and 13k gold from the Nimriel dungeon. Atk/Crit/Skill so can't totally complain, but not sure I'll even end up using it.

Just gave up on the Nitpick dungeon as I simply can't get past the first room.

Ah well, think I'll skip DB on Valentine.
  • ladybamladybam Member
    edited February 2017
    Aurora glade is a good dungeon to complete burn tanks, burn green and then burn yellow. Good teams are nitpick (if not overpowered) Lupina, squinch, the furnace, and mangle jaw (if not overpowered) sky temple works for burning yellows a and healers.
    Post edited by ladybam on
  • You can auto the dungeon with a good undead team. Just don't expect the locked in hero to survive
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I have burn greens and burn healers. Sounds like there are several variants going around. Might change after the first 40.

Finished one of them to see what would happen- i mean, aside from running an annoying dungeon for crap rewards.

New quest popped up different.
    So it looks like burn quests just pick randomly from a pool of colors and hero tags.