Guild Points Standings

First off I'd like to congratulate LC for another win. Very impressive.

Moving on there is an issue with the Guild Points tally. Which is disappointing considering guild points was supposed to be the answer. This error doesn't appear to change the standings at least at the top but who knows what could happen for other guilds.

We have screen shots from all our members showing that The Aegis of Athena gained 11,135,400 guild points. your standings are as follows:
FINAL STANDINGS:

1 Level Capped 13,242,500
2 The Aegis of Athena 9,985,850
3 The Potato Army 8,005,450
4 The Underworld 7,582,400
5 The Wire 5,239,550

I can understand some small differences and such but for just our guild you were 1.1m guild points off, that's a pretty big margin of error. Its really tough to count on the results to be accurate when this is the second time in the last 3 games that there's been a counting error.

You may want to go back and check your math.

The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
KuK1uXt.png
Tagged:

Comments

• That is quite a large variance.

I don't know if this would have some affect on it, but my guild point counter would always be off by 3,000 when finishing a Jerry quest and comparing it to the counter in the events tab. I noticed that the first time I did the Jerry quest, it started at negative points and then went up as it added the 3,000 points.

Perhaps this affected the true guild point counter? Like even though my counter said 229K points (which is the true correct points), due to the initial glitch of the first jerry run, I'm only counted as 226K points. Multiply this out by 50 and it's 150K points, not anywhere near the 1.1M discrepancy by any means, but could be a factor.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited February 13
    I have a strong feeling this may have to do with us removing members early. The first thing I would check is if we even have 50 members included in that figure.

The lesson learned here would be to wait an EXTRA long period before roster changes aka until we get confirmation that it is okay.
  • Also, I thought the whole point of the counter plus having the quests not stack was so that you could get accurate readings DB @joel @eej @Victoria

Secondly, why don't you implement a full guild in-game counter?
  • I'm here for the same reason. I'm in PattuMortis and we have a document that counts points for us, it is proved by screenshots. We finished at 4.431.750 points, but the document (and the screenshots) proves that we were at 5+ millions.
    7l7fa480blr3.png
  • I have a strong feeling this may have to do with us removing members early. The first thing I would check is if we even have 50 members included in that figure.

The lesson learned here would be to wait an EXTRA long period before roster changes aka until we get confirmation that it is okay.

For the purposes of digging into the issue, we did member swaps at 8 AM central, but even so this does not equate to anything near 1.1m points.
    KuK1uXt.png
  • I have a strong feeling this may have to do with us removing members early. The first thing I would check is if we even have 50 members included in that figure.

Hm, you might be right about that.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Secondly, why don't you implement a full guild in-game counter?
    this is especially puzzling. why did we have to go to the forum to find out where we stood in the points? it would be a lot better to have a total, as well as individual contributions for the guild even just like we have for crowns earned right now.
  • Renly wrote: »
    TheCountSesameStreet.png

Seriously, this is becoming unacceptable. For as much work we all put into this, our numbers should be accurate down to the last digit. The lack of accountability (and ability to count) on DB's end continues to amaze me.

How much many does DB make off of each Guild Games? Maybe reinvest some of this into figuring out a way to accurately track our guild points...

Or buy a playskool calculator.....
    KashHatton
  • I've been really nice. I've made a conscious effort to be nice.

But come on.. does anyone still have any faith in any of the leaderboards, totals, or *any* calculations or data aggregated in this game anymore?

It seems like anytime anyone pays attention, they find a discrepancy.

Several people found that the Superior Mat packs were not always giving out 7 shards, the guild points are wrong (again)... what else is wrong?
    KashHatton
  • They just don't want to hand out the proper rewards. Our count is almost a million off too.
  • KashHatton wrote: »
    I've been really nice. I've made a conscious effort to be nice.

But come on.. does anyone still have any faith in any of the leaderboards, totals, or *any* calculations or data aggregated in this game anymore?

Several people found that the Superior Mat packs were not always giving out 7 shards, the guild points are wrong (again)... what else is wrong?

What's wrong here is that everyone is worried about their guild points....what about Jerry? Have we all forgotten about him so soon? For me, it was never about guild points, just wanted to help Jerry (again, and again and again and again and again...)
    Teal125
  • Again? Really?!
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Update: The Potato Army's count is off by over 1 million as well - all #s backed by screenshots and daily reporting.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• Cue the apology by joel or another blue with a follow up that "this will not happen again"
  • rpger001 wrote: »
    KashHatton wrote: »

What's wrong here is that everyone is worried about their guild points....what about Jerry? Have we all forgotten about him so soon? For me, it was never about guild points, just wanted to help Jerry (again, and again and again and again and again...)

I caught Jerry cheating on me with a member of LC. He is dead to me.
    KashHatton
    I caught Jerry cheating on me with a member of LC. He is dead to me.

You should change your handle to Mr. Wonderful
    KuK1uXt.png
  • The published scores don't match our internal tracking either. We seem to be about 1 million short here.
    Original%20Banner2_zpsiebnr38z.png
    Want to join Level Capped? | Line ID: ZOMBI.33 | Email: guildlevelcapped@gmail.com
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

In Dungeon Boss, the bar for leadership is 500 gems, nothing more.
  • Zombi wrote: »
    The published scores don't match our internal tracking either. We seem to be about 1 million short here.

Well as long as we are all 1 million short! We can just have a group hug and call it even.
  • Over a million off here in The Knights King as well.
    The published scores don't match our internal tracking either. We seem to be about 1 million short here.

Well as long as we are all 1 million short! We can just have a group hug and call it even.

Noooo! We can't! According to the standings we were 18k off of reaching the 2.25m boundary, so if our points are slightly out we will have missed out on a lot of rewards.
    joeeycarter
    Level 70
    Officer of Thunderous Rage
    yfquqg8esdy8.gif

So Chaoskittyx's work went up in smoke
  • Has anybody tried to match their numbers with DB's? You know: subtract *our* totals from the official counts, and then if one or more players add up to that exact amount? It's possible there's a glitch when entire accounts, rather than small problems on everybody's account.

Just a thought.
  • we ARE talking about just addition, right? there isn't some weird formula that factors in how many players in a guild vs active time period vs. money spent vs. levels, etc, etc?
  • makes a person believe that all the guild games totals have been very skewed. This is very disheartening to the player base that spends a ton of time, and in some cases money playing this game.
  • seanluckyseanlucky Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    We brought up how midweek totals were mathematically impossible during GG5 - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/42975/bug-error-in-calculation-of-guild-tickets#latest
    We also learned that their capture process is extremely convoluted.

The final standings were incorrect by over half a million (yet not enough to make a difference) in GG5
    and off by several hundred thousand in GG6.
    These discrepancies were chalked up as user error in tracking tickets as they could be spent midweek or collected after the cut-off.

@jimcommerford
    It wasn't until this game that we had 50 clean screen-shots of event banners that kept track of a nonspendable, separate currency that was uncollectable at 12am CST sharp. The totals have indeed been off every single game. These aren't "final" standings. They're more like "estimated" standings at an arbitrary end time.

Well, for one thing: gold. At least, I paid attention to my gold counter while running all the gold island dungeons. As I clicked on sparkly things, the gold counter went up. The next time, it went down, i kid you not. Another time it started in a different place than where it finished the last time. Who knows how accurate the gold counter is, because it is certifiably insane. At least on gold island it is.
  • heeler wrote: »
    Well, for one thing: gold. At least, I paid attention to my gold counter while running all the gold island dungeons. As I clicked on sparkly things, the gold counter went up. The next time, it went down, i kid you not. Another time it started in a different place than where it finished the last time. Who knows how accurate the gold counter is, because it is certifiably insane. At least on gold island it is.
    i wonder if the same computer is used to organize the heroes sorting order. I swear its different every single day, even if i didn't make any changes to the heroes.