Guild Points Standings

2

Comments

  • FrogatismFrogatism Member
    edited February 14
    Very odd that the devs are still having issues getting numbers right.. LEVEL CAPPED should be somewhere around 14.1 million.
    image_zps4zrzt4i6.png
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited February 14
    The display issue with the points and gold is well known. It counts up from whatever number you're at minus the amount you're going to receive to the number you were already at. If you checked your point totals AFTER seeing that animation, you would have seen the correct count (i.e. whatever +3000).

    Apparently that animation is for excitement purposes only. Counters in mirror may be higher than they appear.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • So... no acknowledgement of this issue so far?
    KashHatton
  • KashHattonKashHatton Member
    edited February 14
    Bumping until this is at least acknowledged
    KashHatton
  • Wilbean wrote: »
    This woman could calculate orbital trajectories for spaceships with pencil and paper. Maybe we should get her to calculate the next guild game standings.

    I'd like to see her use a computer
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • My guilds count was way off too.
    Would be nice to at least see an acknowledgment.
    @joel @Eej


    Thanks,
    Anubis
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @Eej @Joel @Victoria Can we get a response on this?
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne


    “What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne



  • i just got the guild event rewards, i guess guilds that fell below the cutoffs because numbers were wrong lose out
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited February 14
    Drocas wrote: »
    i just got the guild event rewards, i guess guilds that fell below the cutoffs because numbers were wrong lose out

    Staring at those rewards made me realize how unbelievably not worth doing these past guild games were >.< Sooo much effort for essentially nothing.

    I pray to whatever blue posts may listen that you give out suitable rewards next time.

    Edit: Hey my aether went up by 2k! SCORE
  • I feel for the people who were told they were like 26K or something under the 2.25 million requirement (or any benchmark really) and in actuality were well over said milestone.

    I know Viral was just a smidge shy of one of these in one of the past guild games. I wonder now if we got shafted because someone can't do simple arithmetic and we weren't really 35K under.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Counting is hard without the proper equipment.

    uq42a6sje2td.jpg
  • @Eej @joel i can help you guys with a sumif formula if you want? or fix your database. I really struggle to understand how this happened and whats even worse is you guys won't acknowledge it.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • @Eej @Joel

    This thread is a PRIME example of when you guys NEED to come in and post something, rather than ignore. Even if it's just a "We read your posts, we will investigate.".
  • KashHattonKashHatton Member
    edited February 14
    Drocas wrote: »
    @Eej @joel i can help you guys with a sumif formula if you want? or fix your database. I really struggle to understand how this happened and whats even worse is you guys won't acknowledge it.

    Agreed. A lot of these problems just *scream* terrible database design.
    KashHatton
  • looks like they are going to have to take the guild points tracker away from us next guild games....nothing worse than solid eveidence that their tracking is broken
  • Hey @Eej , I'll make it easy for you:
    Joveth wrote: »
    Hey gang, we're going to posting the correct final results soon. Hang tight while we do so and I apologize for the earlier, incorrect results.
    beckon
  • Bumping back to the tippy top @Eej
    KashHatton
  • Lol honestly guys, the community team don't care, onto the next 150 pvp wins for 1 shade token quest.
  • beckon wrote: »
    Hey @Eej , I'll make it easy for you:
    Joveth wrote: »
    Hey gang, we're going to posting the correct final results soon. Hang tight while we do so and I apologize for the earlier, incorrect results. The good news is, this won't happen again!

    Fixed that for you.
  • beckonbeckon Member
    edited February 14
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    beckon wrote: »
    Hey @Eej , I'll make it easy for you:
    Joveth wrote: »
    Hey gang, we're going to posting the correct final results soon. Hang tight while we do so and I apologize for the earlier, incorrect results. The good news is, this won't happen again!

    Fixed that for you.

    Ha, thanks @shiggity80 . If only that were part of Joveth's original post from GG V. There was also this gem, which could be re-used:
    Joveth wrote: »
    In all seriousness, we're just trying to make sure that the numbers are 100% correct and accurate, so we're verifying multiple times.

    and
    Joveth wrote: »
    ...I wanted to be 100% sure that the same mistake wouldn't be made. Thankfully the proper standings were posted and nobody was dramatically affected, but lesson learned for me. You folks put a lot of work into it and we want to make sure the proper credit is giving. Well done, all of you and thank you for your patience.

    Bring back @Joveth!
    beckon
  • EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Actually, the reason I haven't responded is that I wanted to investigate on our end why the difference is occurring.

    To that end, Guild leaders or designated representative - please PM me your "expected" results. I'd like to take some time to see the patterns to the discrepancy.

    I'll update once we get a clearer picture of why the difference persists.


  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited February 14
    Eej wrote: »
    Actually, the reason I haven't responded is that I wanted to investigate on our end why the difference is occurring.

    To that end, Guild leaders or designated representative - please PM me your "expected" results. I'd like to take some time to see the patterns to the discrepancy.

    I'll update once we get a clearer picture of why the difference persists.


    I wish we could travel back in time to the broken purple chest Malice event and have you there. The whole community was completely ignored on the issue for weeks... it was to be frank some of the worst customer service/communication I've ever seen from a company. On that note, you are currently doing an excellent job!
  • Eej wrote: »
    Actually, the reason I haven't responded is that I wanted to investigate on our end why the difference is occurring.

    To that end, Guild leaders or designated representative - please PM me your "expected" results. I'd like to take some time to see the patterns to the discrepancy.

    I'll update once we get a clearer picture of why the difference persists.


    Thanks, @Eej. Sorry to be a pest about it, but each of us GMs have 50 members (or more, for affiliated groups of guilds like ours) that are frustrated by the discrepancies. It's discouraging for them to put in so much effort only to doubt the outcome and it makes it harder and harder for them to find the motivation to participate when, after seven Guild Games, these problems persist.
    Also, a huge thank you to the guilds who have all of their members using Line and can therefore independently verify their guild point totals. Without you, we'd only be suspicious about the results instead of being certain that there are errors.
    beckon
  • EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Actually, I probably was there. I've been with Dungeon Boss for more than a year. I won't shy away from previous accountability - I just don't intend for us to repeat that cycle.
  • Eej wrote: »
    Actually, the reason I haven't responded is that I wanted to investigate on our end why the difference is occurring.

    To that end, Guild leaders or designated representative - please PM me your "expected" results. I'd like to take some time to see the patterns to the discrepancy.

    I'll update once we get a clearer picture of why the difference persists.


    Our guild had pretty much the same total from Sunday morning til GG end Sunday night. We know we raised our totals internally. As always we are still having fun playing Dungeon Boss.
  • Thank you for responding, @Eej .
    That's really what I was after. Acknowledgement. I don't expect immediate answers.
    KashHatton
2
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com