Guild Points Standings

13»

Comments

• RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Eej wrote: »
    Actually, I probably was there. I've been with Dungeon Boss for more than a year. I won't shy away from previous accountability - I just don't intend for us to repeat that cycle.

Not all heroes wear capes. Thanks for acknowledging the problem @Eej!
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• i would like to be able to tell you if my guilds total is correct, but its not in the top 100 and you have no in game totals which is pretty lame. No clue if i am even going to get any reward for this think, despite getting 78k points personally. The whole thing seems extremely disorganized, this is my first guild games but apparently its your 4th or 5th ?
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Counting is hard without the proper equipment.

I still got all my fingers and toes.
    Easy peasy.
  • So...

I've waited to post this because I'm not sure if it happened to anyone else and I don't have screenshots to prove my claim.

But some quests didn't register. For example, I finished the Willow/Rogar/Yasmin/etc quest and I'm 100% sure no points were added to my total. If I remember correctly, it was 750 points. So it's not a huge deal. But it would be appreciated if you looked into this before next GG.
  • VioletLyra wrote: »
    So...

I've waited to post this because I'm not sure if it happened to anyone else and I don't have screenshots to prove my claim.

But some quests didn't register. For example, I finished the Willow/Rogar/Yasmin/etc quest and I'm 100% sure no points were added to my total. If I remember correctly, it was 750 points. So it's not a huge deal. But it would be appreciated if you looked into this before next GG.

It was a repeatable, you could compete it as many times as you wanted.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • VioletLyra wrote: »
    So...

That quest, which is repeatable, was called "Up to Snuff" and you had to win 4 PvP matches using 2 of the four heroes (Willow, Rogar, Yas, S-Fist).

The rewards for it were 1,000 event tickets and 100 guild points.
  • @Eej - does your name stand for "Ever Exhausted Jerry"?
  • danacdanac Member
    edited February 17
    bvs72 wrote: »
    @Eej - does your name stand for "Ever Exhausted Jerry"?

I think it stands for Everready explaining jabberwocky.
  • Extremely Enormous Junk
    zntCIcd.gif
  • I wonder if the discrepancies in total guild points is because the computer doesn't count bot points. Clever programming.
  • EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Will have a final resolution this week and ASAP. Apologies, I wanted a deeper dive into why they were different - before we discussed outcome.
  • Eej wrote: »
    Will have a final resolution this week and ASAP. Apologies, I wanted a deeper dive into why they were different - before we discussed outcome.

Looking forward to it.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Truthful fact: some maths can actually have typo's.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • So when will we know the standings for gg7?
  • @danep4

Spoiler alert: They are just the same rankings with different final numbers.
  • Zombie8u wrote: »
    @danep4

Spoiler alert: They are just the same rankings with different final numbers.

For some or maybe just theoretically, that could mean being bumped up into the next bracket of rewards.
  • Anûbis wrote: »
    Could we also try not to roll another one out without a global point tracking leader board? Something along the lines of the leaderboards used for the new pvp system. It would be great to see live data of other guilds points, your guild members points, and maybe even top 100 individual guild point earners. Beside live visibility makes for more competition. ;)

*cough* more money for DB *cough*

(so it's in your best interest to make it happen!)
  • If you can't give us a guild leaderboard, maybe just give us the individual gp leaderboard and let us do the math ourselves?
    zntCIcd.gif
    Howdy - while I wait on some final analysis - it is time to lay-out what actions are planned.

In regards to Guild Games 7 issues with standings / divergent standings reported versus recorded by guild:
    1. Once the revised rankings (Top 10 will be used for initial review) are tabulated, I'll post them compared to the old posted standings
    2. Assuming these are within expectations - we're going to use this to post-award any divergence
    3. Meaning if a guild improved their ranking with the new results - we will be mailing out the net positive difference starting early next week
    4. If a guild placed lower than the original results - we're NOT going to remove any previously granted rewards
    5. This will also occur for the remaining Top 100 - I am just using Top 10 as a reference for comparison

In terms of further Guild Games - we have some upcoming improvements to make this directly integrated into the game, but those won't appear until our next major release tentatively April.
    • I'll speak more to this in the coming weeks - but it is much more significant than just "making" Guild Games work to expectation
    • Until this time, we will investigate other event mechanisms for guilds to compete - but we will only use these if we can absolutely ensure that results will be accurate - we're not willing to betray expectation further.

I'll re-cover this later part in the upcoming producer letter I've committed (in a separate thread) to doing laying out a better view of our intent and plans for Dungeon Boss.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited February 24
    If Aegis didn't win I demand a recount!

Appreciate your work to this regard. I'm hoping we at least narrowed our gap on first >.<
    Here is the top 25 adjusted versus originally reported.
    Any rank changes or increased score that result in additional rewards will be processed and we'll look to distribute early/mid-next week.
    d52wsm9q5dy6.png
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited February 25
    Anddd we actually just got beat a little bit harder.

Whomp Whomp.
  • @Eej This is very, very much appreciated. Our internal tracking has been higher than the previous 4 games standings, but this adjusted standing is within 20K (where our # is lower as expected). Superb step forward!
13»