Hero Spotlight: Koros

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited February 16 in Hero Spotlights
j8w1jqsrdmm6.png

Background: Koros is a monstrous creature from a time in the world rife with magic. Koros ate anything magical with a voracious appetite, and never ceased hunting for more magic to consume. Anything remotely magical that came his way was devoured in a flash, growing his powers as he went. Soon enough, the world, drained of most things magical, became too empty for him, and he slept. Koros slept through the time of the Gorgons, until now, awakened at the passing of a magical shooting star, flooding the land with magic once more. He has awakened with his insatiable hunger, ready to feast once more.

Most Hated Hero: Indigo – Her hunting prowess has kept Koros at bay… for now.

Element
Fire: +30% bonus against NATURE enemies, -25% vs WATER enemies

Tags
Warrior Monster

Traits
  • AURA EATER – Attacks by this character deal extra damage to Magical Heroes
  • DEVOURER – Purged and Consumed effects heal this hero.

Abilities and Ascensions
  • HEADS OR TAILS – Basic Melee Physical attack. Purges one Buff on CRIT.
  • PURGING PYRE – Ranged Fire attack on all enemies, Purges up to 3 Buffs, with a chance to Burn. Consuming Burns reduces the cooldown of this ability.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos
  • Light Evo: 12
  • Fire Evo Monarch: 40
  • Dark Evo: 20
  • Mind’s Eye Evo: 4

NEW Trait!
  • PRACTICED HUNTER – Non-Physical attacks deal reduced damage to this character with a chance to revenge against these attacks.

NEW Ability!
  • SIPHONING RAMPAGE – Melee Physical Attack on target plus up to 2 random enemies. Lifesteals for each Magical Hero hit.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Fire Evo: 42
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 30
  • Moonlight Evo: 8
  • Diamond Evo: 2

NEW Trait!
  • EATER OF MALADIES – Consumes Burned and Poisoned from an enemy hero on Basic Attack to deal extra damage.
  • UNNATURAL FEAR – Immune to Fear and chance to Fear Beasts on attack.

NEW Ability!
  • STINGING STRIKE – Melee Physical attack with a chance to Poison. Consuming Poison reduces the cooldown of this ability.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• 4tom4tom Member
    Monster #1 is here?!
    zntCIcd.gif
  • Love it.
  • How can i now tell who is magical?
  • @Eej....I thought we were getting a free unequip when you made major balance changes. Probably just an oversight. We love you!
  • Removing the magical label as you introduce a magic eater was odd timing...
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    edited February 16
    gradders wrote: »
    How can i now tell who is magical?
    @gradders
    http://dungeonboss.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Magical
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    edited February 16
    Emily and Shade are magical, btw. So this guy is a direct counter to the current meta. Kinda cool.
  • @Brazy thanks! But bit sily i can't see in game. However, shade and gnog nog and emily is useful...
  • You mean he's the fix for Shade who was the fix for Kai who was the fix for the AOE meta?
  • PISSED ! I spent 8 free summons plus 2400 gems (8 additional summons) and still didn't get Koros! Complete ****...
  • @Joel does this mean that IGOROK will gain MONSTER passive too?
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0LL Ju5T hAVe TO J01nt tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
  • @Ceasar_Hou that's your problem, you should have saved for the 10k

• We need an anti-flying hero

Threand - anti-armor
    Koros- anti-magical
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• EejEej Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Any damage not considered Physical is considered magical. Heroes with the Magical passive are considered magical.
  • SonOfHilmerSonOfHilmer Member
    edited February 17
    this could use some warning. I used 3 free summons i got this week and 3 more with gems on jackpots. (got no rare drops) I guess i should have known they wouldnt make 3 heros monsters and not make a 4th hero to the team, but next time your releasing a hero dunt do jackpots a,a or tell us its coming
  • We need an anti-flying hero

Threand - anti-armor
    Koros- anti-magical

Willow and Indigo make good candidates!
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited February 17
    If an enemy hero (dungeons, not PvP), has the passive trait magical, shouldn't Koros do 2x dmg? I'm in scarred lands killing sun folk and attacks on them don't show the 2x icon.

To be more specific, it's queen Mariel that has the magical passive trait icon but when Koros attacks, it doesn't show the 2x icon.

The other Sunfolk rogues don't have the magical passive.
  • @gradders then you must be playing a different game cause others can see it just fine...

look for this icon:
    50?cb=20160403232658
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • Funny Db. I had 900 gems. First Summon: IceBloom Icebloom unlock tokens. Second Summon: Phenol Thoxian unlock tokens. Third Summon: Sifu Jhianzi unlock tokens. But no Koros. Also when Bauble came out I kept getting Indigo unlock tokens. Like why does featured even exist? I literally get every other hero but the hero featured.
  • Not that I've had too much time to thoroughly test him, but I love everything about this guy so far. The design, the mechanics, the animations, the fact that he's powerful but also has weaknesses. Nice work!
    IGN: Xanathra
  • Brade2005 wrote: »
    Funny Db. I had 900 gems. First Summon: IceBloom Icebloom unlock tokens. Second Summon: Phenol Thoxian unlock tokens. Third Summon: Sifu Jhianzi unlock tokens. But no Koros. Also when Bauble came out I kept getting Indigo unlock tokens. Like why does featured even exist? I literally get every other hero but the hero featured.

Featured doesn't mean garunteed. If you want the garuntee, do the 10x. geez.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • CommanderrenCommanderren Member
    edited February 17
    Jroni wrote: »
    We need an anti-flying hero

Threand - anti-armor
    Koros- anti-magical

Willow and Indigo make good candidates!

Yeah right , i lose PVP against Bauble and Zen when i raid it with Indigo and Willow .

Bauble FA is a problem because hes passive can make all armored hero to dodge range attack and Zen has healing.

Torchy is easy to beat since i have strong water hero to bully him.
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• Red XIII from FFVII
    The grass isn't necessarily any greener on the other side... sometimes it's just the flowers are in different places.
    Jr. Complainer @ Society of Bosses
  • Koros is proving to be a good hero so far. Not quite over powered but a step forward towards balancing the current pvp meta. Plus he's available to all by quest. Good job guys.
  • Koros Question???
    Ok I don't see any runes that can give koros defence?? So what runes are good for him?:-)
  • Koros Question???
    Ok I don't see any runes that can give koros defence?? So what runes are good for him?:-)

Aren't you able to get some defense stats from green life runes?
  • REDROCKER55REDROCKER55 Member
    edited February 18
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Koros Question???

ok I tried and did what you said and all I got was dodge and no defense. None notta. So someone needs to cough cough hint developer's hint help it so the green ones do give him defense. So how is Koros suppose to survive against Pontifex and so fourth??
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Koros Question???

ok I tried and did what you said and all I got was dodge and no defense. None notta. So someone needs to cough cough hint developer's hint help it so the green ones do give him defense. So how is Koros suppose to survive against Pontifex and so fourth??

Just because you didn't get it, doesn't mean it's not working.

If you click on green life rune, you'll see that defense is a 2nd stat, so it's not guaranteed, but it's possible.

Also, one way for him to survive is to use Zen's safe haven, or have emily ressurect if possible.
  • SonOfHilmerSonOfHilmer Member
    edited February 18
    I found a bug. Koros isn't doing 2x damage to all opponents with the magical passive. From Magical to magical II, Koros isn't doing 2x to opponents with it. It doesn't happen in PVP, but I'm going xp island and I realized he isn't doing 2x to the mages. Please look into this and fix it a.a