Regarding Terms of Service and Bots

Comments

• @momdukz this is not really about waiting lists or how "rare" it is to have openings in your guild, and to be honest, there's a lot of top guilds in here not just The Underworld, that being said I'm just pointing out what the developers said from the point "where do we go from here" section that everything is still under review and that there'll be no permanent bans but some type of sanctions I guess after they've finished their investigation. So until such time, it's really up to the developers hands.
    You have a good evening ✌
  • JS1891JS1891 Member
    edited February 22
    Okay then if that's the case, you won't have anything to worry about. And thanks I'm having an excellent night. You do the same
  • LoveChawpLoveChawp Member
    edited February 22
    Honestly it's likely not just UW. Creating a script on an emulator to play the game on loop is pretty common knowledge/simple. Hope DB shuts this down sooner rather than later though the damage is likely done. Easy to do well on a guild games that requires grinding the same level over and over again with that kind of trick, and until they get a handle on it, those types of repeatables won't be an option for subsequent GGs.
  • I am a proud member of UW and don't understand the hate. I have never used bots and to the best of my knowledge no one in UW has used them to gain a competitive advantage. Our guild busted its b.... and spent a lot of money trying to keep up with the other guilds in the last guild games. If bots were being used, I would have been made aware. We ended up far behind the leading guild. Maybe if you enjoy a witch hunt, you should not just stop at burning UW players. I suggest everyone should stop picking nose boogers and just enjoy the game. The hate on the forum is a real downer. Leave the catching of cheaters to BF and stop accusing other players on the forum. If you think you have knowledge of cheating, send a PM to a BF employee or a message to support.
  • Another game ruined by bots. That's wonderful. If anybody thinks this can be stopped, think again. Many have tried and all failed but good luck big fish
  • ratlhed wrote: »
    Another game ruined by bots. That's wonderful. If anybody thinks this can be stopped, think again. Many have tried and all failed but good luck big fish

If you've been enjoying the game since you started playing... I can assure you that you will still be able to enjoy the game. These bots (referring to anyone using an auto run script here, not specifically UW) will most likely have zero impact on your game experience.
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I am a proud member of UW and don't understand the hate. I have never used bots and to the best of my knowledge no one in UW has used them to gain a competitive advantage. Our guild busted its b.... and spent a lot of money trying to keep up with the other guilds in the last guild games. If bots were being used, I would have been made aware. We ended up far behind the leading guild. Maybe if you enjoy a witch hunt, you should not just stop at burning UW players. I suggest everyone should stop picking nose boogers and just enjoy the game. The hate on the forum is a real downer. Leave the catching of cheaters to BF and stop accusing other players on the forum. If you think you have knowledge of cheating, send a PM to a BF employee or a message to support.

When BVS speaks seriously, intelligent people should listen.
  • I'm sure the other top guilds have a place for UW members who do the right thing asap and show their support for fair play.

Those that stay with UW for much longer or continue UW's defend/deflect campaign likely won't find honorable guilds willing to accept them.

Another thing to consider is guilt by association whether you knew of the use of bots or not - per the Devs penalties "ranging from an entire guild (if it is widespread)"

If DB decides to punish only individuals with temporary bans this will also impact your weekly crown tournament rewards even if you weren't one of the members using bots.

You'll likely have a much harder time finding a top guild willing to accept you if you try to wait it out and see what happens to UW and its members. Making a statement now by leaving and supporting fair play is a much easier conversation to have with GMs from other guilds than telling them a few weeks from now you're not happy with the penalties handed out or worse if UW falls apart as a result.

The top guilds all keep track of members from the other top guilds. We can all see who stands with the community through their actions and those who don't.
  • RainSongRainSong Member
    edited February 22
    No bubbles burst but I don't agree all top guilds bot. It's certainly possible individuals do and keep it quiet.

However, I'd argue it's more likely Aegis and LC members manage their resources well leading up to the GG, spend freely, are highly organized during GG, and free up real life time to grind away to reach the top. If I'm wrong I'm sure we'll see a change in the top 1-5 guilds during the next few GG now that everyone knows using bots is cheating and DB is actively trying to identify who's doing it. My guess is the top 3 will remain the top 3.

In addition to the absurdity of UW's denial there's the issue of taking the time to make a bot specifically only usable by UW and considered a "Special Privilege" only for UW members. For those reasons I take a different view than Matt and do care about it, believe it is a UW thing, and strongly encourage the community to keep the focus on their guild.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited February 22
    Why so much hate @RainSong? You are the only forum member with more abuse flags than like flags. Who is your regular forum name? What guild are you in?
  • RainSong wrote: »
    The top guilds all keep track of members from the other top guilds.

I knew I was being watched! *peeks suspiciously out the window*

zntCIcd.gif
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Why so much hate @RainSong? You are the only forum member with more abuse flags than like flags. Who is your regular forum name? What guild are you in?
    The Call of Chronos doesn't have to answer questions from the likes of you.

RainSong is my regular forum name and in game name. I'm in The Empire guild family with the Call of Chronos guild.

No hate, never had anything against UW. I prefer playing a game with those who are ethical and honest. When evidence is presented that others are cheating I believe it should be addressed by not only the game developer but those who are associated with the cheaters.

The Devs provided their response on how they will address the issue. I encourage UW members to do the same by supporting fair play and disassociate themselves from a guild that clearly does not support fair play in the DB community.
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited February 22
    RainSong wrote: »
    However, I'd argue it's more likely Aegis and LC members manage their resources well leading up to the GG, spend freely, are highly organized during GG, and free up real life time to grind away to reach the top. If I'm wrong I'm sure we'll see a change in the top 1-5 guilds during the next few GG now that everyone knows using bots is cheating and DB is actively trying to identify who's doing it. My guess is the top 3 will remain the top 3.

There's actually a lesser known exploit involving using friends in dungeons and airplane mode that has earned some guilds a great advantage during guild games and definitely does not make many of these top guilds as squeaky clean as you perceive them to be. No names being named and I absolutely don't care, but felt the urge to point this out.

Ranked top 10 every PVP season to date.
    https://postimg.org/gallery/38mjf91kk/
    Pre-seasons: [ 6th | 6th | 6th | 3rd | 2nd | 6th | 1st | 10th | 5th ]
    Seasons: [ 6th | 5th | 5th | 4th | 6th ]
  • Look here let's just ask! Have anyone in underworld done anything that will get us in trouble eej? I bet not because we haven't done anything. Show me some proof besides a line chat message that booger could have easily changed to Anubis name. It's not hard you can change your name to anything on line. I don't get why Booger is even here. He doesn't play. I would like for him to get in trouble for throwing false accusations at all of the underworld. Would also like you to check all the guilds to see if any have ever used macros or anything like that!! Thanks for the drama booger
  • momdukz wrote: »
    I think UW and other top guilds do not use their resorces wisely. For gods sake, they are spending hundreds of dollars on a mobile game.

I only do it to socialize with you.

Is it getting hot in here?
    momdukz wrote: »
    I think UW and other top guilds do not use their resorces wisely. For gods sake, they are spending hundreds of dollars on a mobile game.

I only do it to socialize with you.

Is it getting hot in here?

Well I am here...
    Zodiac4EVA

• And rainsong we are not people that abandon each other and if a guild would take someone that bails on a guild they've been with for a long time then I wouldn't want Them in my guild. I can guarantee you that all our gg standings have been earned not botted. I love when people talk about crap they know nothing about. Guess that's why your not in a top guild huh lol
  • danacdanac Member
    edited February 22
    VioletLyra wrote: »

Where was that implied?
    Joel wrote: »
    In the past, our focus has been on violations revolving around modifying gameplay via memory or application hacks.

So why haven't we taken action on "botting" thus far like we have "hacking"?
    All the evidence that has been presented was/is secondhand - .......
    Botting .... has taken us some time to build metrics that can definitively identify it. (Note for players who have or are contemplating using "botting" - we can and have been tracking it)

edited to add commentary.

booger presented those screen shots [at the least] to DB a while ago. I can't recall if he said how long. Then he waited, was told they were investigating, iirc. Check the first few posts by 'secret'.
    It's possible that others have complained before he did, none of it ever reached my eyes.
    In any event, given the context of all this, it's easy to draw a link between booger's complaint and their development of metrics.

If I'm reading it wrong, fine, it's not really important, but that's how I see it.
  • danep4 wrote: »
    And rainsong we are not people that abandon each other and if a guild would take someone that bails on a guild they've been with for a long time then I wouldn't want Them in my guild. I can guarantee you that all our gg standings have been earned not botted. I love when people talk about crap they know nothing about. Guess that's why your not in a top guild huh lol

Another UW post to consider when deciding to stay in the guild or join in the future.
  • echonap wrote: »
    RainSong wrote: »
    The top guilds all keep track of members from the other top guilds.

I knew I was being watched! *peeks suspiciously out the window*

Oh, dear, I'm inside your house.
  • momdukz wrote: »
    And you are?

That is a grand statement! Clear, concise, well stated. Thank you for your concern but I believe we can weather the storm. Comrade not abandonment is the course we choose as a guild. It is easy to run at the first threat of an untruth but we believe a real community does not abandon each other in times of strife. At least The Underworld does not. Your community and The Underworld community seem quite different. We respect that your plan to abandon a guild due to another's opinion is the direction you support. We do not.

dlúthpháirtíocht agus grá[/quote]

does anyone else get the impression mom is cursing at all of us in Gaelig in every one of these posts?
This discussion has been closed.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com