Hero Changes for Cobressa, Viperia, and Krexx!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited February 23 in General Discussion
Hey everyone! We have a few hero changes coming later today or tomorrow! With one very small exception, these changes are all buffs. There will not be a free rune unequip period related to these changes.

Venom Changes:
  • Venom no longer lowers a target’s defense, but now can have more than 3 stacks. One stack expires at the end of every round.

Cobressa:
  • No longer has Rogue tag
  • Defense and HP increase
  • Drop Dead Gorgon is now Cobressa’s 3rd ability, and Acid Spit is now her 1st ability
  • Acid Spit now has a chance to add up to 3 Venom stacks.
  • Drop Dead Gorgon’s chance to insta-kill now goes up by 10% for every stack of venom removed by the attack and starts powered.
  • Serpent Spear now has a 100% chance to apply 10 Venom stacks.
  • Cobressa now has the “Reptilian Stamina” passive that allows her to gain energy every time she hits a target with Venom already on them.
  • Cobressa no longer has the “Deadly Accurate” passive (this is the only "nerf" related to these changes, told you it was small)
  • Cobressa’s “Venomous Embrace” passive now heals party members for 5% per stack of Venom she applies.

Viperia:
  • Attack and Defense increased
  • Basic attack now adds 2 stacks of Venom on hit.
  • Death Bites now removes up to 5 Venom stacks and deals an additional 20% damage (of the attack’s initial damage, not of the target’s health) for each stack removed. Starts with 5 energy.

Krexx:
  • Now has “Gorgon Devotion” passive, making him start a dungeon with Taunt active if a Gorgon is on the team with him.
  • “Sun Bathed” now adds 15% Defense to all Reptiles
  • “Trog Skin” now applies 2 stacks of Venom to the enemy team on Krexx’s death.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• Why do you guys keep escalating damage when we've all been asking for it to be toned down? Viperia really needed an att buff? She already clears entire teams solo using the same Emily strat as Koros.
  • DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Ugh. So tired of the pvp buff and duff nonsense. Please cool it.
  • Hmmm, wonder how these will play out. I wish Cobressa had an actual healing ability though.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Wooohoooo
  • Cobressa? A threat? No, really??
  • Why do you guys keep escalating damage when we've all been asking for it to be toned down? Viperia really needed an att buff? She already clears entire teams solo using the same Emily strat as Koros.

I'm not sure this will increase Viperia's damage. Removing the reduced defense component on venom may reduce the damage from her first ability significantly considering it had multiple hits. Also taking away Cobressa's stone mechanic doesn't seem like necessarily a buff. This was a big "control" ability that would allow you to essentially remove the biggest threat (Or keep emily from being able to ressurect).

I'll have to see how they work in action, but they are definitely questionable "buffs" and seem a lot closer to "balance changes". Regardless of the terminology, I think free rune equip should always go along with hero changes. It makes no logical sense that they would only come along with hero nerfs, as people will want to unequip runes from other heroes to try out the reptile team now if they had not already been doing so. They may also need to readjust their runes from how they were previously given the changes.
  • Agreed that rune unequip days should be available the day of any hero change, regardless of buff or nerf. I'll personally wait and see if they're worth investing new runes.
  • **** I guess Cobressa's crit bonuses had to go away but I will miss them. Having a better initial special will certainly help.
  • edited February 21
    Why do you guys keep escalating damage when we've all been asking for it to be toned down? Viperia really needed an att buff? She already clears entire teams solo using the same Emily strat as Koros.

I'm not sure this will increase Viperia's damage. Removing the reduced defense component on venom may reduce the damage from her first ability significantly considering it had multiple hits. Also taking away Cobressa's stone mechanic doesn't seem like necessarily a buff. This was a big "control" ability that would allow you to essentially remove the biggest threat (Or keep emily from being able to ressurect).

Drop dead gorgon starts powered @MattCauthron . This doesn't change anything for offense it just means defensive cobressa's are more dangerous.

[EDIT] Quoting from main post
    Joel wrote: »
    Cobressa:
    • Drop Dead Gorgon’s chance to insta-kill now goes up by 10% for every stack of venom removed by the attack and starts powered.
    centralcommand

Drop dead gorgon starts powered @MattCauthron . This doesn't change anything for offense it just means defensive cobressa's are more dangerous.

[EDIT] Quoting from main post
    Joel wrote: »
    Cobressa:

Interesting that does make her quite a bit better. Thanks for pointing it out. I'd already been using snakes quite a lot, but often my losses were when Viperia died first due to random single target. If Cobressa is equally capable of killing an entire time, this duo just got significantly stronger.
  • @Joel I just found a bug. When Krexx has his taunt up, zen can't enlighten any of the other reptiles. It forces you to target your own Krexx.
  • RunRun Member
    seedy wrote: »
    @Joel I just found a bug. When Krexx has his taunt up, zen can't enlighten any of the other reptiles. It forces you to target your own Krexx.

That may be related to the bug I'm seeing with Krexx where he hits his own teammate (NubNub) when Nubs CRITs on an enemy and heals the team.
  • Also, Drop Dead Gorgon is not stating powered for me. Starting at -5 energy.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We're getting these issues fixed :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @Joel one more - not sure if it's working as intended but Emily seems to be immune to venom.
  • seedy wrote: »
    @Joel one more - not sure if it's working as intended but Emily seems to be immune to venom.

She has the impervious trait, which makes her immune to some status effects including venom
    Life's a party. You're a boy.
  • Now there's a "Hiss"tory lesson to be learned here.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • Redjdj wrote: »
    @Joel one more - not sure if it's working as intended but Emily seems to be immune to venom.

She has the impervious trait, which makes her immune to some status effects including venom

Thanks, didn't notice they added venom to the list for impervious.
  • seedy wrote: »
    Redjdj wrote: »

Thanks, didn't notice they added venom to the list for impervious.

Must have been in this patch b/c I remember reading the other day and venom was not on there.
  • edited February 21
    what the b.u.t.t. is going on here? why the Dev's making first abilities the third ? This is absolutely absurd.
    if another hero gets popped on here. im might just have a fit
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • Right before "Dungeon Boss just got better", I ran 2 dungeons and was able to apply venom 63 times.

After the update, I've run 6 dungeons and have only applied venom 10 times.

I've already relinquished the fact that pvp is dead for me on this game. You guys are making it very hard to want to even do pve
  • SlowRoll wrote: »
    Right before "Dungeon Boss just got better", I ran 2 dungeons and was able to apply venom 63 times.

I've already relinquished the fact that pvp is dead for me on this game. You guys are making it very hard to want to even do pve

I don't think the quest counts subsequent applications of venom past the first. The quest is a massive pain considering this. Most enemies die from the hit which places venom and that doesn't seem to count either.
  • SlowRoll wrote: »
    Right before "Dungeon Boss just got better", I ran 2 dungeons and was able to apply venom 63 times.

I don't think the quest counts subsequent applications of venom past the first. The quest is a massive pain considering this. Most enemies die from the hit which places venom and that doesn't seem to count either.

Yeah, since they started having venom stack you only get credit for first application and cannot get credit again until first application wears off. They really made this painful, maybe unintentionally, especially since stuff dies too easily when wearing runes.
  • Just autorun an easy long dungeon with Krexx and let things hit him. Slow but painful way of completing the quest.
  • I had to take my gorgon sisters off defense even though they kept me at a pretty steady 45-50% win rate on defense. With Koros around they don't stand a chance.
  • send krexx in to the first few levels of gold and evo islands alone on auto.

higher levels send him with cobressa.

Just doing that, and running krexx alone on daily kill quests, and I'm at around 90.
  • What exactly is the new "Venom" now doing? I thought the only effect is reducing the DEF, but this is now removed? I can't find an answer ingame.
  • It's a resource to manage the Gordon abilities. Cobressa heals based on how many stacks she applies, her auto kill from drop dead Gordon looks at this, viperia does extra damage, so does her second ability, it a weird additional resource no one asked for.
  • After playing around with these changes I'm quite pleased! Cobressa is now a viable healer and Krexx has more of an opportunity to absorb damage with the ability to start a dungeon with taunt.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble