Ancient Evil! EVIL!

Comments

• Really considering skipping this skin trial for the first time ever
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited February 21
    Quests require 935 Stamina over 72 hours. 72 hours = 720 Stamina ... So I need to use gems to complete the quests so that I can earn gems at an incredibly deflated rate ... Um ... No thanks. Maybe I'll go PvP a while ... no wait ... matchmaking is still broken and you just introduced major hero changes without allowing me to unequip any of my runes to test the new changes ...

If your intent is to drive people away from this game, you're being very effective.

The real reptile change is DB being snakes with all these changes that supposedly came from our feedback (LOL yeah right).
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited February 21
    Humorously, I wonder if Kang is on to something.

They've decided to change their payout from these skin questlines from 5 heroic summons to 1000 gems, but instead of just directly changing it to 1000, they meant to start at 750 and then change it back up to 1000 after the ensuing uproar. You know, to show that they're "listening".

The problem is they accidentally showed their hand. They accidentally included the splash art for the next skin event in the queue (showing the ultimate reward being the new standard, 1000 gems) instead of using the "Oops! Is 750 gems too low? Did I do that?" splash art.

So any bets as to how long it'll be before they apologize and raise it to their original and intended payout of 1000 gems?
  • edited February 21
    Run wrote: »
    Krexx bug: I was playing campaign mode with the reptiles and NubNub. Every time Nub CRITed an enemy and healed the team, Krexx would go on "Gorgon Devotion" and smack Nub. Poor Nubs.

This is actually hilarious. I'm not even mad.
    "Stop healing my friend you jerk!" *bash*
    qo5m9g0iu3rc.png
    centralcommand
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited February 21
    FatCat69 wrote: »

They've decided to change their payout from these skin questlines from 5 heroic summons to 1000 gems, but instead of just directly changing it to 1000, they meant to start at 750 and then change it back up to 1000 after the ensuing uproar. You know, to show that they're "listening".

The problem is they accidentally showed their hand. They accidentally included the splash art for the next skin event in the queue (showing the ultimate reward being the new standard, 1000 gems) instead of using the "Oops! Is 750 gems too low? Did I do that?" splash art.

So any bets as to how long it'll be before they apologize and raise it to their original and intended payout of 1000 gems?

I can 100% guarantee you, this is not the case. They aren't trying to play psychological games with us. Everyone can go ahead and take their tin foil hats off now. They probably read comments like this and just laugh at the absurdity.

What is FAR more likely to have happened is they still had not internally agreed upon what the new rewards would be since they are getting rid of free heroic pulls. Someone made the banner for several future events when 1,000 gems was being thrown around, and only the BD one got updated since it was being released today.

Remember guys, crazy conspiracy theories are almost always wrong. If you believe this, you've probably just experienced a tad too high a dose of government crop dusting.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »

You are 100% correct. Although now maybe we will get higher just for this event lol. I mean I have the Stam to do this event no problem (haven't been playing much thanks to all the issues) but like a higher post says you need over 700 Stam and gems to finish so bet result what ? 500 gems lol

I can 100% guarantee you, this is not the case. They aren't trying to play psychological games with us. Everyone can go ahead and take their tin foil hats off now. They probably read comments like this and just laugh at the absurdity.

What is FAR more likely to have happened is they still had not internally agreed upon what the new rewards would be since they are getting rid of free heroic pulls. Someone made the banner for several future events when 1,000 gems was being thrown around, and only the BD one got updated since it was being released today.

Remember guys, crazy conspiracy theories are almost always wrong. If you believe this, you've probably just experienced a tad too high a dose of government crop dusting.
    It's just frustrating because we literally just had this exact debate. 1st place guild rewards were 5 heroic summons and after the changeover to gems they were set at 750. The community threw a massive fit because that is a serious devaluing of rewards and we ended up with 1100 gems. I just don't understand how the parallels aren't clear. Couldn't the rewards just be set at 1100 and we skip the anger/complaining period? Anything less then that is obviously going to bring out forum ire because we're clearly getting less then the last time 5 summons were converted into gems.
    centralcommand

It's just frustrating because we literally just had this exact debate. 1st place guild rewards were 5 heroic summons and after the changeover to gems they were set at 750. The community threw a massive fit because that is a serious devaluing of rewards and we ended up with 1100 gems. I just don't understand how the parallels aren't clear. Couldn't the rewards just be set at 1100 and we skip the anger/complaining period? Anything less then that is obviously going to bring out forum ire because we're clearly getting less then the last time 5 summons were converted into gems.

I completely agree it's frustrating, and I hope they raise it too. They might not however. They are obviously revaluing rewards across the board.

That being said, the reward for this quest now grossly mismatches the requirements.
  • In champion 2 and after 13 PvP didn't manage to get 250 honour for second step. Hard teams can't afford to use a gorgon or two for quests I guess. Anything is gonna change gentlemen? I promise you not to spend any single euro for diamonds again. And you have my crappy vote at play store. Thx
  • Innov wrote: »
    In champion 2 and after 13 PvP didn't manage to get 250 honour for second step. Hard teams can't afford to use a gorgon or two for quests I guess. Anything is gonna change gentlemen? I promise you not to spend any single euro for diamonds again. And you have my crappy vote at play store. Thx

I'm using cobressa, viperia, koros, and zen. I'm Champ 2 as well and it seems fairly easy to beat most teams. RNG still plays a role, but so far it's worked out decently.
  • I hope this isn't another hero event soon unless its a krexx or cobressa epic then that's pretty good
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    edited February 21
    For the pvp quests im doing Viperia, Emily, Koros, Krexx (no runes). Works well against everything but shade. Krexx dies asap, shields viperia, Em rezzes koros as needed.
  • Like so many others I was into the BD quest line and now had to start over... some compensation for the wasted time and resources would be nice especially if trying to finish an event with numerous PvP parts in 3 days which was designed when PvP wasn't a frustrating broken system.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN You have failed to make DB fun again now I won't spend another dime on this game
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    Like so many others I was into the BD quest line and now had to start over... some compensation for the wasted time and resources would be nice especially if trying to finish an event with numerous PvP parts in 3 days which was designed when PvP wasn't a frustrating broken system.

I'm not expecting them to do anything as far as an in-game mail compensation. I resorted to submitting a ticket to Big Fish and hope they'll give me back some raid tickets/stam. It's not a lot of resources lost, but just sick and tired of all these mistakes they are doing which ultimately hurt the players. And I'm not talking about the bad changes they are making. No, just the bad QA they have.
  • Aside from the lousy rewards and boring sameness of the main quest line, anyone found a good way to do the venom quests that doesn't involve spending a million gold to take runes off viperia?

I'm so sick of the whole "status effect doesn't count on a kill shot" being a problem event after event after event. It's so stupid and pointless. Just change it already.
  • I do hope they re-evaluate their position on reward payouts.

The GG rewards were terrible this time around.

I'm not sure how competitive future games will be under these and other condition ... cough ... #bots

This quest line will likely require gems to be sunk to win, erm, gems...Think I might pass. These were useful when you were building quite quickly towards a 10x summon...but now, im building towards a rune I will probably salvage :disappointed:
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited February 22
    It seems an Ancient Evil has affected reward payouts.
    Post edited by bvs72 on
  • Wow - 1000 gems instead of 5 heroics considering the resources is a very poor game balance choice in my opinion....2277

>>> But lowering the reward AFTER the quest has begun?

I STRONGLY advice DB not to do that, for reasons that better be obvious to them.

I'm very surprised they did that and I sure hope they don't do it again, for the sake of the game and their company.

I tend to overlook forumites who express unjustly exaggerated reactions, but I am dismayed when a game/company takes actions that begin to justify those same players' no-longer exaggerated reactions.
  • Once again zilch on the replies to complaints. This game has gotten really brutal since the PvP update. They've reduced awards for guild tournaments, PvP tiers and skin quest lines all in a weeks span. They've also changed a bunch of characters without giving a free rune unequip with the exception of a 24 hr period. Oh and let's eliminate all free heroic summons while we're at it so people can't stack them. What is the point of this honestly? Just to upset people that have been playing the game since it came out? It's pretty absurd they just can't make some minor tweaks to things instead of dismantling the entire game and at the same time reducing most of the rewards. As someone who has played the game for about 14 months, I'm close to being done.
  • I admit that ive been logging on for shorter and shorter amounts of time now after these updates. If its not broken then dont fix it. We like the free summons, the easy/medium/hard choice in pvp, and events with high payouts so there was no need to even touch any of that. Or at the very least make the events shorter as many players tend to finish the questline in the first couple of days then have no incentive to play for the remainder of the week. We used to get 2 events every week, what happened to that?
  • I advise everyone to go to the App Store for your respective OSes and leave a 1 star remark. That's the only way they'll start listening and making changes for the player. It seemed to work when they did portalgate.

I changed my original 5* review to 1 star and wrote my thoughts about all these terrible changes.
  • RawNES wrote: »
    Why is it these new event threads always quickly turn into "Everything wrong with DB in 2 Minutes or Less" topics?

Because there is so much wrong right now and the events highlight the problems very well.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN You have failed to make DB fun again now I won't spend another dime on this game
  • RawNES wrote: »
    Why is it these new event threads always quickly turn into "Everything wrong with DB in 2 Minutes or Less" topics?

If there was nothing wrong then we'd have nothing to complain about. but there is so we are complaining.
  • Quests require 935 Stamina over 72 hours. 72 hours = 720 Stamina ... So I need to use gems to complete the quests so that I can earn gems at an incredibly deflated rate ... Um ... No thanks. Maybe I'll go PvP a while ... no wait ... matchmaking is still broken and you just introduced major hero changes without allowing me to unequip any of my runes to test the new changes ...

If your intent is to drive people away from this game, you're being very effective.

No need to use gems for extra stamina!
    Complete Tower of Pwnage to get 70 stamina + 100 stamina from Pwn Shop for 1400 Pwnage points.
    So in 3 days you'll get extra 510 stamina!

That's exactly my thought when they modified weekly guild reward.

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/comment/172449/#Comment_172449
    hagausiumai
  • I've stuck with this game through a lot of crap. I guess we are back on the "we aren't owed anything" and nobody has to respond. I'd be happier if they just said "this is it guys take it if leave it"
  • EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    seth33 wrote: »
    I've stuck with this game through a lot of crap. I guess we are back on the "we aren't owed anything" and nobody has to respond. I'd be happier if they just said "this is it guys take it if leave it"

So, we do want to ensure that anyone had the quest line progress lost during the erroneous MOTD saying Ella when it was meant to be Black Diamond gets whatever some comp over Stamina or Raid Tickets lost during that period. CS is handling this on a case-by-case.

In terms of the reward change for the quest line from 5 heroic portal pulls to 750 Gems (and even where the errant Ella MOTD said 1000 Gems) - there's a larger conversation around recent reward changes - bottom line is that we need to provide consistency and not betray expectation once we've established that consistency.

In terms of what we're going to do about this specific instance regarding the quest line and reward changes - we're discussing internally.
    • As an attempt to set expectation better: changing the quest rewards would result in potential risk of progress loss, e.g. what ever the resolution is in this specific case - it will be handled after the fact.

I will follow up on the outcome of the internal discussion about this specific instance imminently.

• Eej wrote: »
    seth33 wrote: »
    I've stuck with this game through a lot of crap. I guess we are back on the "we aren't owed anything" and nobody has to respond. I'd be happier if they just said "this is it guys take it if leave it"

So, we do want to ensure that anyone had the quest line progress lost during the erroneous MOTD saying Ella when it was meant to be Black Diamond gets whatever some comp over Stamina or Raid Tickets lost during that period. CS is handling this on a case-by-case.

In terms of the reward change for the quest line from 5 heroic portal pulls to 750 Gems (and even where the errant Ella MOTD said 1000 Gems) - there's a larger conversation around recent reward changes - bottom line is that we need to provide consistency and not betray expectation once we've established that consistency.

In terms of what we're going to do about this specific instance regarding the quest line and reward changes - we're discussing internally.
    • As an attempt to set expectation better: changing the quest rewards would result in potential risk of progress loss, e.g. what ever the resolution is in this specific case - it will be handled after the fact.

I will follow up on the outcome of the internal discussion about this specific instance imminently.

Please understand that all of this is just frustration. A game that I played for hours everyday I now log into to do tower and dalies then log out. I want this game to be great. But waiting days to tell us things makes me not want to participate in the quest line. as many pointed out if you have to spend gems on the line (heavy stamina line) then it just isn't worth doing over all for no rewards. After the portal mess I stoped spending money. Leading up to Christmas I started buying dalie gems again and spend 10$ on the 10 heroic specials. After Christmas and the PVP mess I'm back to not spending money (also no more dalie gems)
    If you want players like me (VIP 9 since the portal change) to spend money again you have to show us you actually care about our views.