Ancient Evil! EVIL!

13»

Comments

• Eej wrote: »

I will follow up on the outcome of the internal discussion about this specific instance imminently.

Thanks much for your increasing transparency with respect to these issues of ever-decreasing in-game rewards, Eej. I hope that your internal discussion acknowledges the fact that this has been a problematic trend for many months--beginning with the decrease in tokens available during events--which reinforces the perception among the player base that the game is getting stingier, leading to the kind of frustrated feedback voiced here in this thread.

• Ah. You know, I remembered hating this event for some reason. Seeing the return of that awful statue-hunting event-dungeon barrier reminded me.
  • Nice to see @Eej responding on the reward issue - and the inconsistency of it all which was the real issue. Its the expectation that got trashed so good they are looking at this...
  • coneyK wrote: »
    Ah. You know, I remembered hating this event for some reason. Seeing the return of that awful statue-hunting event-dungeon barrier reminded me.

I'm just going to time it to where I can do the 400 stam part of the BD skin quest.
  • Got the new series of quests today, with new E/M/H/VH dungeons, but on event dungeon list, only E is shown. Do they open later or?
  • Isn't this a common strategy among crack dealers? The first joint is free, and then when the customer is hooked you ask for more and give them less. . . If I had a customer base that was hooked into the game due to money invested, time invested, habit formed from logging in daily, etc. I would of course capitalize on that. Building on the crack analogy, you can also dilute your product by running the same exact content over and over again and selling it for the same price or higher... In the end, a few people may leave, but you still come out on top because they'll be replenished by a fresh crop of potential customers. Meanwhile the exhausted and strung out core customer base hopes that you'll somehow decide you don't want to maximize profits like a corporation is supposed to do...
  • Cassios wrote: »
    Got the new series of quests today, with new E/M/H/VH dungeons, but on event dungeon list, only E is shown. Do they open later or?
    I assume you have figured it out by now but... really?!?!
  • Eej wrote: »
    seth33 wrote: »

In terms of the reward change for the quest line from 5 heroic portal pulls to 750 Gems (and even where the errant Ella MOTD said 1000 Gems) - there's a larger conversation around recent reward changes - bottom line is that we need to provide consistency and not betray expectation once we've established that consistency.

Sooo, you won’t betray our expectations that your future rewards will be horrible?
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    danac wrote: »
    Sooo, you won’t betray our expectations that your future rewards will be horrible?

If that's expectation - then yeah, we'll do our utmost to betray that one.
13»