Phantom Dancer questline

this was posted up as an image in the other thread, but was kinda difficult to read (for me) due to it being an image. Thought i'd transcribe it for my own benefit, but might as well share it with others.

seems pretty doable on a F2P timeline as long as you plan ahead and save up the tower of pwnage stamina accordingly.
  1. Win 2 PvP raids
  2. Earn 250 Honor
  3. Spend 100 Stamina
  4. Win 4 PvP raids
  5. Call 5 friends to your aid
  6. Kill 45 casters
  7. Earn 250k gold
  8. Beat 5 dungeons with all rogue team
  9. Win 8 PvP raids
  10. Spend 100 Stamina
  11. Call 5 friends to your aid
  12. Kill 150 enemies
  13. Win 8 PvP raids
  14. Kill 100 casters
  15. Beat 10 dungeons with all rogue team
  16. Call 15 friends to your aid
  17. Kill 200 enemies
  18. Spend 400 stamina

Just to tally things up for ease of reading, the quest line consists of
  • win 22 pvp
  • spend 600 stamina
  • use 25 friends
  • other misc tasks
soon™ - it's the answer to everything

Comments

• Any info on the rewards? Are they all Black Diamond tokens?
  • Tasks 1-9 are 1 token and 1 evo. Not got any further yet.
  • There are some celestial evos in later stages.
  • "Win pvp raids" has never been so hard to get, i needed 3 more pvp wins, i bought 8 tickets + 1 free (total 9) i lost 8 out 9 and lost too much gold in refreshes to get a 20k team. decent runes aren't good enouve anymore. it's all greater heroics+ or don't try to join any events with pvp in it anymore. Never had trouble in pvp and was always top 10 without buying extra raids, now i should be happy i win 1 battle. if only i could get the gems back i used to star up heroes, you know... stars, the useless things since runes came.
  • "Win pvp raids" has never been so hard to get, i needed 3 more pvp wins, i bought 8 tickets + 1 free (total 9) i lost 8 out 9 and lost too much gold in refreshes to get a 20k team. decent runes aren't good enouve anymore. it's all greater heroics+ or don't try to join any events with pvp in it anymore. Never had trouble in pvp and was always top 10 without buying extra raids, now i should be happy i win 1 battle. if only i could get the gems back i used to star up heroes, you know... stars, the useless things since runes came.
    my own slow crawl up the pvp ladder has landed me in champ 2, which is landing me in the 6-8k MK land again, and now with the popularity of Zombi's video, there's also an abundance of same type defense with DR emily + Leo + furnace + koros.

at least the old pvp system had some variations.

• oredith wrote: »
    "Win pvp raids" has never been so hard to get, i needed 3 more pvp wins, i bought 8 tickets + 1 free (total 9) i lost 8 out 9 and lost too much gold in refreshes to get a 20k team. decent runes aren't good enouve anymore. it's all greater heroics+ or don't try to join any events with pvp in it anymore. Never had trouble in pvp and was always top 10 without buying extra raids, now i should be happy i win 1 battle. if only i could get the gems back i used to star up heroes, you know... stars, the useless things since runes came.
    my own slow crawl up the pvp ladder has landed me in champ 2, which is landing me in the 6-8k MK land again, and now with the popularity of Zombi's video, there's also an abundance of same type defense with DR emily + Leo + furnace + koros.

at least the old pvp system had some variations.

By variation do you mean useless bait teams that might as well not even have existed?
  • By variation do you mean useless bait teams that might as well not even have existed?
    going off topic here, but honestly, given the choices, i'd prefer the old system over the current iteration of the new system.

realistically, i know they're not going to scrap the new pvp system that they've put lots of time into. they will also, no doubt, continue to make improvements. I'm just saying that the move to make pvp more competitive on the upper end, we have arrived at a system that really isn't enjoyable to a big chunk of the player base.

this is exacerbated by the fact that so much of the game's events REQUIRE you to pvp.
  • philphil Member
    edited February 22
    jabber defense is a social good once again

Defiled Sanctuary, 11-3, has 17 casters.
    Post edited by phil on
  • phil wrote: »
    jabber defense is a social good once again

Defiled Sanctuary, 11-3, has 17 casters.
    I've been using Mage tower, which i think has comparable numbers? (2-6)
  • philphil Member
    edited February 22
    I hadn't checked 2-6 yet.
    6-6, 10-4 and 16-4 have 11 each.
    I can't see Ch. 20 or 21, so there might be some good ones in there.
    Post edited by phil on
  • oredith wrote: »
    • Kill 100 casters
    • Beat 10 dungeons with all rogue team
    • Call 15 friends to your aid
    • Kill 200 enemies
    • Spend 400 stamina
    getting closer to the end, and realizing that there's a lot of stamina requirements hidden in the last few.

100 casters, using 17/ea = 6 runs x 5 stam = 30 stam
    10 dungeons with rogue team = 10 runs x 5 stam = 50 stam
    15 friends to your aid = 15 runs x 5 stam = 75 stam
    kill 200 enemies = 10 runs x 5 stam = 50 stam
    spend 400 stam

that means in the last 5 parts of the quest, you're going to have to use up 605 stam.

the 17th quest can probably be cheated a bit by running the last dungeon and simply allow the tree to keep summoning the 4 branches, but even then, it's 550 stamina

I'm thinking i'm going to come up short on this one, and giving up early.
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited February 22
    @oredith Thanks for this, I was wondering if there was anything grossly ridiculous; I can do all of this, just not sure what I'll spend 400 Stamina on yet. just curious what level are you? I'm Lv59 sitting in Champ 2 trying to balance the the constant onslaught of ~100 daily attacks.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R - Final Boss
  • i'm lvl 69 in champ 2. not bothering pushing on the pvp this season as a form of protest.

i'm out of tickets for now, and not cashing in the 2 email free RTs. 2/8 wins on step 13. guess i'll see if i can finish up the quest by/on friday.
  • philphil Member
    oredith wrote: »
    oredith wrote: »
      I'm thinking i'm going to come up short on this one, and giving up early.

I think you still have ~47 hours. You can buy 200 stamina in shop, have 2 towers' worth of reward stamina, etc.
  • DazzerDoomDazzerDoom Member
    edited February 23
    As for rewards -
    first Celestial Evo is the Valkyrie evo after completing the PVP task No. 13.
    Second Celestial Evo is the Astral evo after completing Rogue run task No. 15.
    Post edited by DazzerDoom on
  • masuta -aria-cobressa-viperia are all rogues right??
  • Cobressa is not a rogue.
  • mhmzayed wrote: »
    masuta -aria-cobressa-viperia are all rogues right??
    the way i did the rogue quest was to run normal mode chapter 1 /2 dungeons with:

Lupina, Willow, MK, BD..

you can auto run it quickly without worrying about anything.
  • Best way to do rogue quest is to do tower. Most of the time, I only use rogues anyhow. Each floor counts as one dungeon.
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • SkulsSkuls Member
    edited February 23
    Another way is to leave the tower for the quest (17/18 kill 200 enemies). You can get 50 kills without spending any stamina, and the more Pontis the merrier.

To time this right, start the tower with 0 stamina and about 150 kills. Complete the tower and quest, then use the 70 stamina earned towards the last quest (18/18 spend 400 stamina).

But if you are skilled, you can kill all 200 enemies in a single run of Garden of Evil.
  • danacdanac Member
    edited February 23
    Skuls wrote: »
    Another way is to leave the tower for the quest (17/18 kill 200 enemies). You can get 50 kills without spending any stamina,

errr, 45, to be precise.

BTW, running gold and evo islands can help with the stamina thing, since most people run them anyway.
    Run the low stamina islands for various quests and save the high stamina ones for the stamina quests.

Oh, and Mage's tower has 16 mages. 17 seems to be the max
  • Pontis skeletons count too if I recall correctly. You are right that Lord Chromus counts as 1, as least it is treated as such by that zeta quest.
  • Can you attack Lord Chromus first iteration (purple), retreat, and come back and do it again?
  • Skuls wrote: »
    Pontis skeletons count too if I recall correctly. You are right that Lord Chromus counts as 1, as least it is treated as such by that zeta quest.

Forgot Chronus resurrecting. I think that should add 4, zeta is only blue or purple alexes. But I'm not sure.
  • danac wrote: »
    Skuls wrote: »
    Pontis skeletons count too if I recall correctly. You are right that Lord Chromus counts as 1, as least it is treated as such by that zeta quest.

Forgot Chronus resurrecting. I think that should add 4, zeta is only blue or purple alexes. But I'm not sure.

i don't think chronus rez counts because when you have the construct quest, only his first death counts.
  • His rez's do count as extra kills
  • i think the easiest way to get 200 kills is with undead team on Root of all Evil. auto run to 200.. :)
  • @oredith I used a solo Yasmin in the the normal Lich dungeon and it worked great. It took awhile but I was able to get it done in 1 run.
  • So I am on last stage , spend 400 stamina, got 150 stam left for today and still got tomorrow. I only had to spend gems to do the pvp quests but other than that time frame is absolutely fine. Granted, got a lot of free time
  • The 3rd pre-season of pvp has now officially killed the fun for me.

I spend 1-2M gold per day at lvl 64 to try to find opponents and prize meself lucky if I can get 2 wins. I'm still 3 tiers below where I got the first 2 seasons, but all teams I encounter are 3 to 10!!! k higher rating.

Quests involving pvp are just wastef on me now. Even with a lousy defense, I don't get attacked and even less by a team I can revenge on.

Pls go back to the old pvp system or at the minimum one of the previous seasons.