Safe Haven vs. Vibrating Palm

My tower team was Indigo, Zen, Astrid, and Pontifex vs. Kira, Tsume, Pontifex, and Nitpick...after Kira hits me with blossom, I throw Safe Haven on Indigo. Next turn however Kira one shots her with Vibrating Palm. Safe Haven says in it's description "Remove all debuffs from ally and gives them invincibility for one turn... Vibrating Palm's description says "Ranged chi attack for X base damage and cannot be reflected or mitigated. So my question is, how is it that someone who is invincible be killed?

Comments

• Vibrating Palm pierce all shields (Aegis Shield, Invincibility, etc). :)
  • Right, but the description for Safe Haven should reflect the effect. Since it doesn't and VP can rip right through it, "invincibility" should be changed to shielded.
  • 3XCIT3D wrote: »
    Right, but the description for Safe Haven should reflect the effect. Since it doesn't and VP can rip right through it, "invincibility" should be changed to shielded.

Yeah invincibility is definitely a misleading term in this game.
  • I ordered a vibrating palm. It shipped in a plain brown wrapper.
    KashHatton
  • Isn't it included in the description of VP, cannot be mitigated, invulnerability seems like mitigation. The only thing that pierces any kind of protection, aegis shield, reflective shield, invulnerability, is vibrating palm. It seems pretty clear to me.
  • Wolfreich wrote: »
    Isn't it included in the description of VP, cannot be mitigated, invulnerability seems like mitigation. The only thing that pierces any kind of protection, aegis shield, reflective shield, invulnerability, is vibrating palm. It seems pretty clear to me.

It is both clear and misleading.

Yes it's clear in his description that MK's VP can't be mitigated (but can be dodged). But it's misleading to use the word invincibility when it's not true to it's real definition.
  • Viperia's Snakes on the plains is another than can break invincibility / purge buff I believe
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • Invincibility can be purged, Kira's palm and kobals second ability will both pierce it. To make things more complicated: Kira's vibrating palm is mitigated by furnace's abs of steel.

There are tons of things that directly conflict each other in the game. While hard to figure out I guess it is good that the results are at least consistent and not left up to a random number generator.
  • My biggest issue with Vibrating Palm is that there are actually 2 different ways in which its attack CAN be mitigated. If Vibrating Palm is used on Furnace or Icebloom then Abs of Steel or Unbreakable Heart with both mitigate the damage.

I would prefer to have abilities like Aegis Shield and Invincibility produce the presumed result against Vibrating Palm but the fact that they don't but the above mentioned passives do mitigate the damage seems backwards to me.
  • danacdanac Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Wolfreich wrote: »
    Isn't it included in the description of VP, cannot be mitigated, invulnerability seems like mitigation. The only thing that pierces any kind of protection, aegis shield, reflective shield, invulnerability, is vibrating palm. It seems pretty clear to me.

It is both clear and misleading.

Yes it's clear in his description that MK's VP can't be mitigated (but can be dodged). But it's misleading to use the word invincibility when it's not true to it's real definition.

It often seems like English is not the primary language of the developers. For instance, when ponti becomes a skeleton, he does not 'resurrect'. he 'reanimates'.
  • Well the ability says reincarnate, honestly they all mean the same thing in English, I think gamers create the differences. And since we aren't a major users of the language
  • danacdanac Member
    they don't mean the same thing. Ressurrection is becoming alive again. Reanimating is when your dead dead corpse gets up and starts moving. I'm not exactly quibblling here, the lack of clear language is one of the game's problems.