Pontifex reincarnation attack order bug

Hey guys, I'm somewhat new to DB. Been playing for about a month and loving it. I've noticed something in pvp and am hoping this is a bug that'll get smashed.

Killing Pontifex and him reincarnating seems to mess up attack order pretty much every time. I just did an attack where Rocky gave my team Haste. Mangle Jaw goes next, so I do his AOE fire attack, which one-shots Pontifex, their first Normal attacker. He reincarnates and it goes right to their #2 Normal hero Grog-Gnog. wtf? Mangle Jaw had Haste even... Didn't get to do his second action. Instead GG kills all but one of my guys. This can't be working as intended right? Any thoughts?

Also noticing that if a character is feared and runs away it goes right to their next attacker as well. Every time. It's not fun to be punished for doing too much damage or killing the enemy team too quickly. Not exactly encouraging to look these things up and see threads posted over a year ago with complaints about the same bugs. Are the devs just not paying attention or am I missing some hidden game mechanic? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• It seems like these aren't considered bugs just part of normal play and yes, I agree with you, it's frustrating as anything.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • lots of bugs like this not addressed, they ignore them it seems. But they havent fixed the biggest "bug" in the game either, Koros.
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    Pont's reincarnation changes him to a slow hero. Once that happens it reorders the lineup. If he hasn't taken his turn yet that round then the next normal hero steps up to take his place. It's like a hidden advantage that he has.
    lots of bugs like this not addressed, they ignore them it seems. But they havent fixed the biggest "bug" in the game either, Koros.

I thought Koros was a monster, must have missed the new "bug" tag on him. Is Mothra the next new bug hero, or maybe giant creature from "The Mist"?
  • echonapechonap Member
    It has always been like that and I believe it is intentional. Some defenses purposely set a trap with Ponti for this very reason.
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • criffercriffer Member
    Zombie8u wrote: »
    Pont's reincarnation changes him to a slow hero. Once that happens it reorders the lineup. If he hasn't taken his turn yet that round then the next normal hero steps up to take his place. It's like a hidden advantage that he has.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So what? You either take his chaos storm in the face or kill him and take their next attacker's most powerful attack in the face? So **** stupid. Beyond retarded. That's f**king unbelievably dumb. What the hell is the thinking behind this?
  • criffer wrote: »
    Zombie8u wrote: »

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So what? You either take his chaos storm in the face or kill him and take their next attacker's most powerful attack in the face? So **** stupid. Beyond retarded. That's f**king unbelievably dumb. What the hell is the thinking behind this?

Unless Ponti is with shade you are free to disable him. You are also free to deal with the 2nd normal hero in the fast phase. Noone is forcing you to take the 2nd attackers attack. Or you can rely on Kai to significantly reduce the 2nd attackers damage. Top players aren't complaining about Ponti because he is very easy to counter. You simply haven't learned how to do it yet. I would suggest instead of angry ranting about mechanics working as intended (And breaking a bunch of forums rule while you do so), you ask for advice on specific defenses. The community would be happy to help!

Kai, Ember, Lupina, MK, Zen, Torchy, Indigo and reptile package are all heroes that are great tools for countering both Ponti and his next attacker.
  • @criffer

What @MattCauthron said. Also, if you are going to quote someone please leave the formatting alone so that the quote will end before you type your message in. :smile:
  • criffercriffer Member
    Fair enough. I should probably not post on the forums right after getting destroyed in pvp. This game just gets my goat sometimes.