Rune and Chest drop rates

Some statistics after about 1000 runs on rune drops versus chest drops. Not many people use rare runes anymore, but some might find the stats on Silver, Gold and Purple chests interesting. Rune drops versus chest drops still seem to be around the 50% range, which I think people have known for a while now.

rckyulg65acy.jpg

Comments

• Foozle wrote: »
    Some statistics after about 1000 runs on rune drops versus chest drops. Not many people use rare runes anymore, but some might find the stats on Silver, Gold and Purple chests interesting. Rune drops versus chest drops still seem to be around the 50% range, which I think people have known for a while now.

rckyulg65acy.jpg

A 2% drop rate and they made that quest to find 2 of them. On average it would take 500 stam but the standard deviation around that can be huge! Interesting data for sure. Those chest drop rates should realllly be lowered to 25% or Materials dropped (when they do drop) substantially increased. It's stupid how hard it is to get some basic materials currently.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    @MattCauthron - very true about material drops. I didn't show the data, but for Boss mode, that 48% material chest drop rate includes tomes. So if you look at the breakout of that 48% between and tomes and other materials (the useful ones), it is about a rate of 35% tomes and only 13% other materials. So if you are looking for pyre embers, for example, from boss mode, you would only get them about 13% of the time or 1 in every 7 or 8 tries (35 to 40 stamina).

I'd really like to see them give both tomes and other materials in boss mode when you get a non-rune chest.
  • Foozle wrote: »
    @MattCauthron - very true about material drops. I didn't show the data, but for Boss mode, that 48% material chest drop rate includes tomes. So if you look at the breakout of that 48% between and tomes and other materials (the useful ones), it is about a rate of 35% tomes and only 13% other materials. So if you are looking for pyre embers, for example, from boss mode, you would only get them about 13% of the time or 1 in every 7 or 8 tries (35 to 40 stamina).

I'd really like to see them give both tomes and other materials in boss mode when you get a non-rune chest.

It's even worse than that because you can get material drops that only contain one of the two! (Instead of pyres you get the useless material that you have 999 of). The drop rate is beyond horrendous. Almost all my pyres come from honor and events.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    I guess the good news is that at least in Boss Mode if you do get a material chest that isn't a tome chest, you are guaranteed to get 2 or 3 Raw Materials, 1 or 2 Plant Materials and 2, 3 or 4 Crystals. In Challenge and Normal mode, you can get zero at times. I have some charts on the drop rates I can post up at some point showing the material drops per stamina spent.