2x Gold AND 3x Material Day!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Double Gold hype wasn't enough hype, so we made it double gold and triple materials. :smiley:

v3rm87dh9oso.png
4wl61v61qrcl.png
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• HakonaHakona Member
    -_-

5fzg6P6.jpg
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Is this what Eej was referring to when he said to expect a "legend-ary" event this week? Pls tell me no.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• So you realeased a fire hero epic and a dark hero epic in the span of 1 week. But you all decide that the best time for a 3 times mats event is when blue island is open and will transition into yellow island. Do you all not think which dates would be best or what people probably need the most. Not to mention when is the last time y'all did 3 times mats over a weekend to allow all totems to be farmed a triple the return. Please get your heads out of pvp screw ups long enough to accommodate more efficient farming.
  • Renly wrote: »
    Is this what Eej was referring to when he said to expect a "legend-ary" event this week? Pls tell me no.

Iol so gullible
  • I doubt they'll ever open up all the islands. It'd be too nice of a gesture for them to give us.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Renly wrote: »

This is not what he was referring to. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    I'm so low on yellow totems...so yea sorry. Worst case just go farm embers those are always needed
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • echonapechonap Member
    Triple mats, but rune chest rate also tripled...
    zntCIcd.gif
  • Joel wrote: »
    Renly wrote: »

This is not what he was referring to. :)

Can you give us another sneak peek in the form of a haiku?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • echonap wrote: »
    Triple mats, but rune chest rate also tripled...

haha yea I just tried to get some flame steel as I'm super low. Rune chest/rune chest/rune chest over and over. Sooo frustrating!! Why bother buying stamina when these are my returns.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Isn't it funny how that works out? In the old days, the same would happen for double token events -- lots of brown chests.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • BlothBloth Member
    Appreciate the 3x material. However, maybe this should have been released yesterday so we could collect towards the 1,000,000 red totems needed for all the red epics .
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Maybe they are letting us load up on the Misty totems for the imminent Selwyn epic! :)
  • BlothBloth Member
    4 chests in a row with ZERO pyres or dark metals. So if it's not a crappy rune chest, it's a chest with no rewards. Seriously !?
  • ratlhedratlhed Member
    Thanks for the 3x mets and 2x gold. I'll take it anytime. Glad I don't have the job of listening to people whine every day on these forums ✌
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited March 9
    Bloth wrote: »
    4 chests in a row with ZERO pyres or dark metals. So if it's not a crappy rune chest, it's a chest with no rewards. Seriously !?

Unfortunately the drop rates are pretty low for materials. Without the 3x, you can expect only about 1 pyre ember for every three dungeons in Challenge mode. Boss mode is even worse at about 1 pyre ember every 4.5 dungeons. So even with 3x event, they are are pretty slim odds.
  • danacdanac Member
    OK.

Enough with the complaining.
    The majority of the past few 3x events have been on weekends.

What's more, DB's new pattern is to have a weeklong event and then a day or two of breathers where they offer things like x gold, x evos, x materials.

This time the weeklong event ended on a Wednesday.
  • koolkubakoolkuba Member
    danac wrote: »
    OK.

Enough with the complaining.
    The majority of the past few 3x events have been on weekends.

What's more, DB's new pattern is to have a weeklong event and then a day or two of breathers where they offer things like x gold, x evos, x materials.

This time the weeklong event ended on a Wednesday.

I agree. Would you rather have no 3x materials? Stop pointing out all the little mistakes DB does and take a look what they are doing right. I'm really impressed on how things have changed in the last couple of weeks, with the hero buffs and nerfs and reworks. Well done :0
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    kpung07 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is everyone getting almost twice as much rune chests vs. other chests? When I finally get a chest I want it doesn't have any rune mats in it WTH :/

Could be random. The rate is around 50% rune chests on average.
  • Phouka79Phouka79 Member
    Maybe they are just setting us up for a new light epic they are going to release this week...aww who am I kidding, it will be another red one.
  • I finally got to start working on my first epic (Yorick) and I'm very happy to finally be at this stage of DB.

Unfortunately I need Misty Totems, and I was farming them last night but literally fell asleep to wake up to find that Permafrost Ice Cave is no longer available. Just my luck!staff.

I'm very grateful for these interrum xgold/xmats events but I am curious if there is a possibility of creating a special event where mats were multiplied and more Boss Island dungeons could be made available?
  • I am glad big fish is looking out for my bank account by not making all the boss island dungeons available.
  • itirnitii wrote: »
    I am glad big fish is looking out for my bank account by not making all the boss island dungeons available.

I still gave them $10 bucks just to farm pyres >.< Because nothing says "We tested our epic update" like needing 10x more of a certain material than others that intuitively should be equal!
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited March 10
    Funny. I had this comment typed up after Foozle's post yesterday but must have wandered away and never posted.

---

And because the materials required for raising every Epic up to Level 10 and 11 are all pointing at red materials (Flame Spirits and Flame Etched Bars) we need far more of Brimstone and Pyre Embers than the other non-red materials.

Makes sense that they'd also give us more Red Epics than any of the rest if they're trying to intentionally stress the economy instead of making a more balanced world.
    9gJSaHl.gif