Welcome to the War of Legends!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
vrx9yiltidvj.png

The Legendary Heroes are ready to rumble! From today until Monday, we're running special dungeons where you'll be able to use a team based around Legendary Heroes, even if you don't have them unlocked. Plus, you'll get crystals when you complete those dungeons which are used for quests that pay out legendary tokens. In total, you can earn up to 100 tokens each for IGOROK, Pontifex, Bramble, and Furnace.

You're guaranteed to get at one crystal in chests at the end of dungeons, but you'll find more in sparkling objects along the way. Earning a total of 204 crystals will net you the 100 tokens for that hero. Quick-looting for crystals is an option, but as always, that won't include anything you'd find in sparkling objects. Sparkling objects that don't contain crystals will contain hero tokens, so be sure to tap every one you see. Also, if you buy crystals or find them in other dungeons, they will still count towards the quests. In addition, the event dungeons do not drop rune chests, so you'll be guaranteed to get a token every run.

All four quest lines are available for the entire event, so complete them at your own pace, and prioritize whichever hero you like best!

Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• HollowHollow Member
    Great event, much better than most events before. Shows real progress in game design. Good Job!
  • the event is a miracle
    with a height of 30 feet
    and weighing just under 1010 tons
    with 12 diesel engines per muscle strand
    and a top speed of 200 Kilometers per hour
    forged from titanium and steel
    she has a heart of pure nuclear energy
    and a VERY short temper
  • First, great that events now award rewards that feel worthy.
    But second... If you keep giving out 100*4 different tokens per week it won't be too long until everybody has all heroes at 6* resulting in people quitting because of boredom.

Might sound weird but I'd appreciate if you wouldn't be *that* "wasteful" with tokens. For example, 50 tokes for this event * 4 had been enough imo.
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    Drocas wrote: »
    real shame the heros we are forced to use dont have the epics and runes that we worked so hard to get

^This.

Don't mind the set lineups, but would rather use my heroes than some basic stock model.
  • TauchyTauchy Member
    Forced teams suck, why make it so boring?
  • LietoLieto Member
    Is it right that we use base heroes with no runes / epics?

These dungeons seem very grindy, slow and unrewarding...just saying.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 9
    RandomUser wrote: »
    First, great that events now award rewards that feel worthy.
    But second... If you keep giving out 100*4 different tokens per week it won't be too long until everybody has all heroes at 6* resulting in people quitting because of boredom.

Might sound weird but I'd appreciate if you wouldn't be *that* "wasteful" with tokens. For example, 50 tokes for this event * 4 had been enough imo.

Hey guys feel free to ignore this comment! Let's do some basic math shall we:

70 heroes (Always growing) 500 tokens required each (Assuming a 100 token unlock). That's 35,000 required tokens. If they give out 400 a week in events, it'll only take a very dedicated player 87.5 weeks (or over 1 1/2 years) to max all the heroes for said events!

Now I can be a scrooge in life, but I hardly think we're being overly generous here. I highly doubt boredom is going to become an issue for anyone, especially considering most of the top players have max 6 star rosters and we're still going strong. Runes are the real end game.
  • seanluckyseanlucky Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    From @Eej the event is "going to be LEGEND....AIRY."
    Was "airy" a typo for ary? This led me to believe there would be a focus on Aria or a new legendary hero.

Dungeon scaling + new event idea + large token/Aether payout is pretty cool though.
  • kanofudokanofudo Member
    agree with all these other people and using stock heroes. makes me feel like all the work i put in on epics and runes is now invalid.
  • Dungeon Boss!!! You kicked Balog off of the Pontifex team, uncool mad.
  • LietoLieto Member
    seanlucky wrote: »
    From @Eej the event is "going to be LEGEND....AIRY."
    Was "airy" a typo for ary? This led me to believe there would be a focus on Aria or a new legendary hero.

Dungeon scaling + new event idea + large token/Aether payout is pretty cool though.

Aether (for most of the high level players)...for Aria...i dont know, its a stretch...

But wow, each dungeon takes a while to complete with these weak heroes...I auto ran as soon as i started. lost icepick on the first round lol...
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    This is a good event. But why arent our runes,stars, and epics on the heroes for the dungeon? Other dungeons that lock your hero choice reflect the power of our actual heroes. Seems like an odd change.
  • CassiosCassios Member
    There something wrong with team composition in red dungeon, not sure how it happend, i had Alexandros first skill buff on, and Furnace exploded due to too much pressure and game froze for like 2 sec, then all heroes but bauble started loosing hp, after 10 sec 3 of them were dead and UI was flooded with that debuff info. Did lightning thingie trigger on my heroes? Kinda funky :D
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited March 9
    I liked it when I completed the dungeon and got 4 crystals. I quick looted it five times but only got 1 crystal each time. It took too long to run again. I wonder if not quicklooting gives more materials.
    Post edited by bvs72 on
  • Cassios wrote: »
    There something wrong with team composition in red dungeon, not sure how it happend, i had Alexandros first skill buff on, and Furnace exploded due to too much pressure and game froze for like 2 sec, then all heroes but bauble started loosing hp, after 10 sec 3 of them were dead and UI was flooded with that debuff info. Did lightning thingie trigger on my heroes? Kinda funky :D

The reflect damage shield from alex caused the damage done by furnace to reflect to all your other team memebers. This is working correctly however. Just makes sure furnace doesn't overheat!
  • RandomUser wrote: »

70 heroes (Always growing) 500 tokens required each (Assuming a 100 token unlock). That's 35,000 required tokens. If they give out 400 a week in events, it'll only take a very dedicated player 87.5 weeks (or over 1 1/2 years) to max all the heroes for said events!

Now I can be a scrooge in life, but I hardly think we're being overly generous here. I highly doubt boredom is going to become an issue for anyone, especially considering most of the top players have max 6 star rosters and we're still going strong. Runes are the real end game.

You *kinda maybe possibly* forgot

*Dungeon run rewards

*Portal openings

*PvP rewards

*Tower rewards

*Tower shop

*PvP rewards

*PvP shop

*Guild rewards

*additional event shops from time to time

To sum it up: I needed roughly a year to get all heroes to 5/6 stars. Now I get as many tokens in one VERY repetitive week as I got before in more than two months if I got lucky with portal openings...

Of course runes are endgame and I don't doubt that but if it's just and only about farming materials, roll with RNGesus for a lucky rune and put it on a hero - That's not why I started playing this game or may continue doing so.

Even though this kinda gets away from the topic of too big rewards, what made the game fun for me was strategy combined with grinding and time planning. Like - I now have 50 energy. That means if I don't wanna waste something, I have to play again before in ... 3 hours. Or "He has a Furnace in his PvP-Team - I will start with Augustus to purge it. Second on his team..." and so on. Runes destroy that kind of fun since it's just go in, hope to not get oneshot, oneshot them yourself. And even balancing heroes won't help as long as runes exist.

Back to topic, you forgot around 90% of token income in this game - as example, back in summer there were quests that yielded maybe 15 rare tokens in 3 days for grinding a lot. Now it's 400. And STILL, as you say, people have full 6 star rosters with those "low rewards" from before already (Not just VIPs btw).

You see what I mean?
  • gristnamgristnam Member
    edited March 9
    Each manual run gains 7XP, just in case anyone tracks or cares about that detail.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Zombie8u wrote: »
    Drocas wrote: »
    real shame the heros we are forced to use dont have the epics and runes that we worked so hard to get

^This.

Don't mind the set lineups, but would rather use my heroes than some basic stock model.

You do know that as annoying players, you can get harder guild quests than the rest of us now.
  • BlothBloth Member
    See a lot of comments already. Shatter team is not healing when enemies are frozen. Epics removed from my heroes. Looks like whatever rune benefits I had are gone now as well. What's the point of grinding the hell out of these things if we can't even use them in events !?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 9
    @RandomUser And those events made sense back when token accumulation was end game. That is no longer the case. Also we have WAY more heroes now than we did a year ago. This allows people to make meaningful progress on heroes, and why is that a bad thing?

I think the most important point being your comment regarding players getting bored. I think this is simply not true. This game always has something to chase be it better runes, new epics, or new hero tokens (Koros/bauble/shade/GG for me personally at the moment). This just allows newer players a chance to "catch up" per se, which games like this desperately need.

Edit: On another note, I have to agree with others in regard to the set heroes sentiment. Grinding out these quests is painful! Why is my furnace doing a tenth of the damage mine actually does! If you made them use our own runes, it would also incentivize people to maybe craft a few extra runes for heroes they don't currently have up to par.
  • GukZoinGukZoin Member
    1. New token rewards are outstanding.
    2. Let me use my own heroes in event dungeons. Taking 10 minutes or more to run a dungeon that my hard earned and runed and epiced tunes could destroy is the most annoying thing.
    3. Quick looted the dungeons 10 times and received 1 crystal from each QL. This is not good rewards, try again.
  • SorenSoren Member
    edited March 9
    Lieto wrote: »
    I've given up. The dungeons take waaay too long to complete. Im not doing that all week AND pvp...even if i needed the tokens its just way too boring and slow. I'm glad its only Aether im missing out on because the concept is really good...just a poor implementation imo.

I'm giving up too actually : / which makes me really sad since I got a bauble token in the first room, but I simply do not have the time to spend 15 minutes manually running a single dungeon. It's crazy! This event was soooo close to being great. I really hope there's a way you can update the event to let us use our own hero stats or else I'm afraid this event will actually be a total dud : / at least the concept is solid.

Agreed. What gives with the stock heroes? Boring!

I came back to the forums after about 3 weeks or more away only to voice my dislike for this silly rule during these dungeons.
  • CassiosCassios Member
    Quest is just "earn X crystals", you dont need to do those 4 specific dungeon for it, or?
  • RandomUser wrote: »
    RandomUser wrote: »

You *kinda maybe possibly* forgot

*Dungeon run rewards

*Portal openings

*PvP rewards

*Tower rewards

*Tower shop

*PvP rewards

*PvP shop

*Guild rewards

*additional event shops from time to time

To sum it up: I needed roughly a year to get all heroes to 5/6 stars. Now I get as many tokens in one VERY repetitive week as I got before in more than two months if I got lucky with portal openings...

Of course runes are endgame and I don't doubt that but if it's just and only about farming materials, roll with RNGesus for a lucky rune and put it on a hero - That's not why I started playing this game or may continue doing so.

Even though this kinda gets away from the topic of too big rewards, what made the game fun for me was strategy combined with grinding and time planning. Like - I now have 50 energy. That means if I don't wanna waste something, I have to play again before in ... 3 hours. Or "He has a Furnace in his PvP-Team - I will start with Augustus to purge it. Second on his team..." and so on. Runes destroy that kind of fun since it's just go in, hope to not get oneshot, oneshot them yourself. And even balancing heroes won't help as long as runes exist.

Back to topic, you forgot around 90% of token income in this game - as example, back in summer there were quests that yielded maybe 15 rare tokens in 3 days for grinding a lot. Now it's 400. And STILL, as you say, people have full 6 star rosters with those "low rewards" from before already (Not just VIPs btw).

You see what I mean?

100 Igo tokens = 6 aria tokens or 9 ember tokens. There, problem solved.
    centralcommand
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    edited March 9
    Quick looting crystals from campaign dungeons DOES count towards the quests, at least for now.

Edit
    I misread the initial post. This is intended and welcome!