Welcome to the War of Legends!

Comments

• This event is really cool. Assuming they make you use stock heroes because the players without e.g. Bauble won't be able to run the dungeon. @Joel @Eej maybe a toggle feature in the future. Like we can either use stock heroes or our own? In any event I would agree that I would much rather use my own heroes I worked on in this event rather than the stock ones. The dungeons take super long to get through.
  • Buying crystals in Honor shop also counts.
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    This event is really cool. Assuming they make you use stock heroes because the players without e.g. Bauble won't be able to run the dungeon. @Joel @Eej maybe a toggle feature in the future. Like we can either use stock heroes or our own? In any event I would agree that I would much rather use my own heroes I worked on in this event rather than the stock ones. The dungeons take super long to get through.

The game already has a toggle in there. When they release a new hero (hagrim for example) there was an event dungeon that had him already there at 6*, but if you unlocked him then it would revert to the hagrim that you had on your roster.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Horrible. Painful.

Let us use our own runes and Epics.

It's annoying enough using preset heroes. No idea why you decided to strip Epics and runes to make these levels boring as well.
  • Nice event.

I only have a few epics and most of my heroes aren't properly runed yet so I'm okay with using preset teams.

And I can't believe people are upset about getting too many tokens. Please, just send them my way!

dcwcryvn1gsh.jpg
  • so does buying them in the shop
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited March 9
    No, the levels are fine to run naked through -- you'll live and make it as long as you aren't making dumb mistakes. But it makes the levels painfully long and slow. Give me back my Epics and runes and I can enjoy myself again.

I only need tokens for 1.4* of them but will happily take the aether from the other 2.6. ;)

* only needed 41 tokens for Igorok. Needed exactly 100 for Bramble.
  • I have to agree with everyone else. The quests to get the tokens is a great idea, locking the heroes to basic versions with no runes and no epics is slow and frustrating. I for one don't enjoying running the same dungeon over and over again with such subpar mobs. In the furnace one the version of Astrid is so weak that even after using boomerang shield I never saw her only take one point of damage and get a 10% attack bonus which is her main playstyle. Not to mention she is in a dungeon where its a bunch of taunting cubes that all put debuffs on her constantly, mostly burning which kept nearly making her die....
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • DragonDragon Member
    The Event is great.

Sadly the dungeons are very time consuming.
    10 Minutes and the goblins died in the Boss Room...

The Furnace Dungeon is soo slow.

It would be ok to have the heroes preset and without runes or epics, if they would do more damage or the opponents have lesser life.

Or if the heroes would be preset with epics.
    I think this would be much more fun.

Hopefully there is enough time to grind it out.
  • (y'know, its not like these quests are a requirement or anything. Its only a set of quests. Well heeled players may well have one or more of these heroes maxed anyway. I understand the need for aether, but that's apparently not what these quests were designed to focus on. I may only do one of them, and I assure you, I'm not nearly as well heeled as many are.)
  • You could make it so that the sparklies occasionally drop crystals everywhere, throughout the game, so that we aren't forced to run either the event levels or Normal Mode levels.

I primarily am running the Challenge Mode levels for gold token aether. I figured I could just run the appropriate Boss Island levels on Saturday / Sunday, but anything that prevents monotony and repetition would be great.
  • I'm struggling to follow the outrage on this one. The dungeons are painful, true, but you only need to run them once manually, then quick loot from there.

If you need some or all of these heroes, it seems like a pretty sweet deal relative to collecting them with gems whenever they are in the portal.

I don't need them, and can earn more aether with less stamina and loot keys in challenge mode, so I'm just sitting this one out.

Is it boring having no event to do for a few days? yeah, but I'm not going to lose sleep over an event catering to lower levels every now and then.
  • So i think this is the start of no runes/stars event.... Wow.... Just wow.... My so hard earned runes and stars zzzzzzzzzzz
  • Drew21Drew21 Member
    Terrible event for someone that doesn't need the tokens but I would actually do the event for aether if the dungeons didn't destroy all the power I've built up and leave me with crap heros.
  • Great rewards for the event. I wish I enjoyed the event dungeons enough to grind for bauble and shade (maybe?) tokens in the sparkles of their respective dungeons, but it's too painful and slow.

Solid idea for a set of quests, but I think the implementation is off.
  • Sooooooo slow.........
  • KangKang Member
    Stars are weak compared to the stat gains from runes. This event will help advance new players in a tedious, but rewarding way and gives decent Aether rewards for those still trying to max Aria and Ember. Sparklies in the dungeons yield crystals, so 5 crystals per run plus the chance for Bauble tokens from the Construct dungeon aren't bad; though it is soul-crushingly boring to run w/o runes.

Also, this is the start of the event--doesn't a second round of content typically drop a few days in? I'm thinking something is coming.....
  • GunnenGunnen Member
    Kang wrote: »
    Also, this is the start of the event--doesn't a second round of content typically drop a few days in? I'm thinking something is coming.....

Usually events start at the beginning of the week and then around thursday or friday the second round comes. My assumption is there is no second round and that this is it, till next event.
  • Alternatively guys, we can just QL 200x4=800 times (asumming you got 4 crystals in your first 3* run) to get all the rewards! What are you waiting for? Get your QL keys out!
  • Spent 4k gems to buy 5 lesser mat packs and 1350 honor for a crystal pack instant completion of all 4 quests
    I actually tried to grind them but 4 hours later I only had completed 2 parts of 1 quest.....

• Look at the bright side, people. The Devs are in the office tomorrow and with a bit of luck, they'll consider feedback and Dungeon Boss will just get better!
  • danacdanac Member
    Alternatively guys, we can just QL 200x4=800 times (asumming you got 4 crystals in your first 3* run) to get all the rewards! What are you waiting for? Get your QL keys out!

errr, that's 4000 stamina.

Most people don't have that stockpiled, and most of those who do will just be looking at aether.

• There are several ways to get the crystals: Shop/Gems, Shop/Honor, Run Event dungeon, Run normal dungeons, Run boss mode dungeons.

Event dungeons are timeconsuming, cant be autorun and are tiresome to manage.
    Boss mode is not available to everyone and requires heroes at certain levels with good runes.
    So lets look at the simplest non shop method everyone can do: Run normal dungeons.

Yesterday I ran 30 normal dungeons for fire crystals. I did not stay in the same dungeon all the time but ran it only until I had a token drop and then changed. The crystal drop rate was roughly 0.7. I assume that this is the normal drop rate.

For 100 tokens you need 204 crystals which requires 204/0.7 = 291 dungeon runs

If you use a good goblin team on full autorun you will need 291*5 = 1455 Stamina.

You automatically aquire 1 Sta/6 minutes = 10 Sta/hour = 240 Sta/day
    So this method will require 1455/240 = 6 days real time if you have no other Sta sources.

You can run the dungeons automatically but klick on every sparkly item; this usually will provide additional Sta. Lets assume this will lower the overall cost to 4 Sta/dungeon. This will lower the real time requirements to 4 days 20 hours.

Runtime requirements: The fastest run I had required 60 seconds time. Sometimes I needed up to 120 seconds in longer dungeons. Lets assume you grind the fastest dungeon over and over: for 291 runs you would need at last 17460 seconds = 4 hours 50 minutes.

Result: It is not feasible to gain the 4x100 tokens in the given event time window (4 days remaining). It might be doable to aquire 100 tokens if you concentrate on one token type and have additional Sta sources (e.g. full tower clear). If you want all the tokens you have to use the shop methods.

• SabbroSabbro Member
    I love how this game is made but...I didnt download and started playing to have an extra game that would require my full attention. If I want to complete all those events I really need to play this game most of my day...which is quite disappointing.

I know I can choose not to...but this kind of events (which I want to complete in the best way) are sometimes suggesting me it's not worth to keep going on and "invest" the occasional $

I know I can get mats via other means and get going...but knowing that manual running the dungeon gives me tokens and thus a better return kinda forces me to have to do them.

• ga4ooo2ga4ooo2 Member
    To get for one champ 100 tokens u need 204 cristals to get thous cristals u need to quick loot dungeon 204 times, 1 time is 5 stamina, 204 times is 1020 stamina. For every 5 min u get 1 stamina, in hour it is 12 stamina in 24 hours it is 288 samina. Event last for 3 days (i thonk so) so for 3 days u can get 864 stamina so for 3 days u can get only 172 cristals. So its imposible to get 100 tokens if u only quick loot dungeons. Developers shuld think about players who dont spend money in game or cant do it.
  • This quest is painful, which I'm sure wasn't what the designers wanted, for two reasons:

Firstly, by the time we get it done without wasting thousands of stamina and hundreds of loot keys, the Sun will have become a supernova, so this game will not matter. For the most part. On the other hand, the people who can finish the event before this happens are the ones who can afford to buy thousands of stamina and loot keys, and they could very well just go buy the tokens instead. If they haven't six-starred every hero already.

Secondly, the most heart-rending part for me is that the quests are there. They look as if they're within my reach. It's like being in the Sahara desert, finding a barrel of water, and then realizing it's inside a tank made of diamond. It's that voice in my mind that says : "You can still get it. Just bite your way into that tank. Or, better yet, use your fingernails. That should do it".
    And the horrible truth is, even though I know I'm not breaking that thing, I'm still going to try, being the idiot that I am.
    IGN: Xanathra
  • LietoLieto Member
    All I want to know @Eej is whether this event is working as intended...

Basically should I forget about it or is a change coming to make dungeon completion more enjoyable (less time consuming!!) Thanks