Welcome to the War of Legends!

Comments

• TaronusTaronus Member
    Honestly, I think the devs really did a good job with this event:
    - The rewards are awesome with tons of tokens for key heroes
    - The dungeons are creative with fun team setups

They just seem to have forgotten to play them themselves...

If they had reduced the rewards by 50% or even more, but allowed people to more quickly finish the dungeons, everyone would have been cheering. That being said, it's the closest they've been to a great event in a long time. Com'on guys, next time just a little more play testing (perhaps get some player help on a test server?) and you can hit it out of the park.
  • iphonesheepiphonesheep Member
    edited March 10
    Wolfreich wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »

Yup agree with this. It's all BS at this point. I'm really sick of seeing the generic "yep we're listening" responses from the blues.

That and the weekly, oops we screwed up posts.

That's entirely my fault , no excuses

That's a grade F for me , no excuses

Hey folks, this was all on me , I apologize

Hey folks , "" """ on the bright side, it won't happen again in the future !

Edit: served with a side of "We hear you loud and clear guys"
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 10
    @shiggity80 Joel has literally zero capability to make any changes regarding this. He's probably told the development team and now it's in their hands.

Our two options currently are:

1) No response (Which people were complaining about earlier)
    2) The response acknowledging they read our posts

I would say with 100% certainty that option 2 is always better than option 1. That being said, I would have loved the development team to tell Joel that they would try to make the suggested change and to relate that back to us. That being said, if I were the development team even if I did decide to try to push through this change, I wouldn't say anything about implementing it until I was 100% sure it was going to happen.
  • VioletLyraVioletLyra Member
    edited March 10

Yup agree with this. It's all BS at this point. I'm really sick of seeing the generic "yep we're listening" responses from the blues.

To be fair though, when they *don't* respond, we get upset. :)

So there's not much they can say that will make people happy. They might be listening but clearly, they're truly taking into consideration only a small percentage of the feedback they receive. They're not going to drastically modify an entire event (I'm not saying they shouldn't, I'm just saying that based on their history, they won't). Therefore, the only thing they can do is acknowledge our input and hopefully keep it in mind for next event.

EDIT: Matt beat me to it. Darn you, your superior English skills and your fast typing! :p

• The problem is the Beast event was Amazing, I had a blast. Some missteps but that was supposed to be the new Standard. this event is far below that.
  • VioletLyra wrote: »

To be fair though, when they *don't* respond, we get upset. :)

So there's not much they can say that will make people happy. They might be listening but clearly, they're truly taking into consideration only a small percentage of the feedback they receive. They're not going to drastically modify an entire event (I'm not saying they shouldn't, I'm just saying that based on their history, they won't). Therefore, the only thing they can do is acknowledge our input and hopefully keep it in mind for next event.

EDIT: Matt beat me to it. Darn you, your superior English skills and your fast typing! :p

I get the whole "don't shoot the messenger" aspect, but honestly, who else can we communicate to with these matters? Not like we can call up the developers or decision makers and complain to them. @Joel and @Eej are our only outlets and the fact of the matter is they have been stringing us along for months now promising this and that, only to have the opposite occur whenever they release a new update or event.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

I get the whole "don't shoot the messenger" aspect, but honestly, who else can we communicate to with these matters? Not like we can call up the developers or decision makers and complain to them. @Joel and @Eej are our only outlets and the fact of the matter is they have been stringing us along for months now promising this and that, only to have the opposite occur whenever they release a new update or event.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying.

But I don't think they're purposely deceiving us. However, it's part of their job to present things in a positive light. So basically, they're just doing what they're paid for. I hear you, though. It's frustrating at times, I agree with you on that.

• I for one don't want to hear we are listening anymore unless it is followed by here is the fix we are immediately rolling out. Because most of the time we hear we are listening without a fix. When they do fix things we appreciate it to know end and it makes the game better. This one has several potential easy fixes: reduce the requirements of the quests, leave the heroes locked but let them be our versions, unlock the heroes, increase the drop rates 5-10 fold in those dungeons. That's just off the top of my head and none of them should be difficult from a coding perspective.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • I'm sort of surprised that nothing else is happening with this event, so it's a weekend event of get crystals??? You have rotating featured legendary heroes and a set of event dungeons. I was sort of thinking there would be a new legendary hero, either reptile or monster. But oh well.
  • pjworldpjworld Member
    "Dungeon boss got better" for me twice though...wonder if anything changed.
  • EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    That'll teach me to be out for 2 days under the weather.

Quick answer:
    • No - having 3 pages of frustrated comments is not what we want or intend.
    • No, we can't change the event mid-stream without more risk of issues (like quest progress, etc.) - as someone put, there have been enough "oops" posts by us - something we're actively driving to change (even when it happens 2 days before this post).

• InnovInnov Member
    Eej wrote: »

Quick answer:
    • No, we can't change the event mid-stream without more risk of issues (like quest progress, etc.) - as someone put, there have been enough "oops" posts by us - something we're actively driving to change (even when it happens 2 days before this post).

1. It's not 3, it's more like 3000... OH you mean the event, yea agreed must be hard on you guys.
    2. Yes you can change the event, give all chars attack runes and let's say 200 stamina compensation and TADAAA everyone happyhappyhappy
    3. PvP sux (irrelevant but meh...)
  • Innov wrote: »

Quick answer:

1. It's not 3, it's more like 3000... OH you mean the event, yea agreed must be hard on you guys.
    2. Yes you can change the event, give all chars attack runes and let's say 200 stamina compensation and TADAAA everyone happyhappyhappy
    3. PvP sux (irrelevant but meh...)

Word !
  • Since the devs won't do it themselves, I made dungeon boss fun (for me) again. Decided to sit out this PvP week. Decided to sit out this event entirely. Decided to pretend the game doesn't exist for a week or so. And behold, I have no more complaints or stress about it! Probably not ideal from a developer standpoint that unplugging is the only viable way to get some satisfaction, but sick of stressing over the empty promises and "can't fix"es and "we're listening"s.

See you all next Wednesday-ish.
  • You're missing the point. No one is having trouble beating it due to difficulty. The problem is no one wants to beat them because it takes 20 minutes of manual effort, you can't even auto them.

I worked hard on all my runes and epics so I can blow through any PVE levels I encounter. I don't have the time or interest to manually grinding out 20 minute runs 50+ times per level. That massive amount of anyone's time is worth far more then 12k in aether.

It is definitely a grind. But I need the tokens. Probably won't get enough to unlock anything but I'll be chipping away a little.
  • coneyK wrote: »
    I find that my manual running is not worth it - is anyone having this issue? I've only gotten 2 crystals from sparkling items, and only once have I gotten more than one crystal from a manual run final chest.

I feel like the final chest should always give AT LEAST two for a manual run, so that it is always strictly more crystals/energy than a quick loot.

One approach is to buy the crystals in the honor shop. You get 25 for 1500 I believe, If you're able to win a few matches and rank up a little you can get one a day. Sucks that they reset them after each season. That's the plan for my other group (LVL 67)
  • OK, 1 crystal for a purple chest? C'mon @joel @eej !
  • So... You know how I was one of the very few players being positive about this event?

Yep, I was delusional.

How the hell are we supposed to get that many crystals?! I guess I won't find out because I'm not even going to try.
  • I'm not trying either, I ran each dungeon once... I'm done and since per Eej's post they aren't going to try to fix the event once it started, that's it for me and this event.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • kts44kts44 Member
    These quests are brain numbing. You promoted the event like it would be something to look forward to. Who enjoys repeatedly spending saved resources with such a minimal return that its more frustrating then enjoyable? This game seems to have turned into a button pressing festival with little challenge and no sense of reward. I've been a daily player for 400 days, top 200 for roster power, I've done top 100 in pvp, VIP 7 so I have given my share.. I say this because these were things I did because I enjoyed the game or had faith it would get better. Sadly my faith in you guys ever making this game as enjoyable as it once was Is finally gone. I'll be done playing dungeon boss Monday at reset which sucks because I really enjoy the community of players and they deserve more effort and attention then what's given by the development team. I never hoped for this game to be so mindlessly demanding and I sure didn't mind investing my money into it when it was good and more game focused then greedy. Best of luck to the community and I do hope everyone's investments and dedication to dungeon boss eventually pay off.
  • danacdanac Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey all,

We appreciate all the insight and feedback. We are absolutely taking note of everything said here.

The wombats are deep in the shadows.
  • danacdanac Member

But as it is? Not a chance. It's 20 minutes a dungeon easy.

Just to check... on my slow tablet, they ran about 6-8 minutes per, except furnace's which was 13 minutes.
    Still abyssmally slow, because of no runes.
    Boneyard wrote: »
    No one? Uh? I beg to differ, with my 3 losses on the bramble room so far.

Which has me confused. I think it's the easiest one. In case I'm doing something different: Room 1, Dance, use squinch's pyro. They often die round one. Room 2 or 3, first chance you get, use nub's healing. It increases crit and helps between dance parties.

Target therands first, then yellow healers. In every room through the last.

Have dance party active one round before entering boss room, use the triple hit, then squinch's pyro again. Leave the boss alone and kill the minions.
    Odds are he'll triple slam one random hero to death, but by the end of round two it should be 3 on one.

Wolfreich wrote: »

Does DB honestly think the effort required is balanced by the reward?

I'm on the fence. The 100 legendary token rewards for what are among the hardest heroes to * is a great reward. The # of crystals required is commensurate with the reward, and the dungeons should be hard.

BUt, at 5-10 minutes for a manual, and quicklooting only giving one, that seems way too much.
    coneyK wrote: »
    I find that my manual running is not worth it - is anyone having this issue? I've only gotten 2 crystals from sparkling items, and only once have I gotten more than one crystal from a manual run final chest.

I get one per final chest, but adding sparklies, I'm getting anywhere from 1-9 crystals per.
    Right now I'm doing the Green and purple, they tend to give more sparklies. I'm quicklooting normal mode campaign dungeons for reds.
  • danacdanac Member
    VioletLyra wrote: »

So there's not much they can say that will make people happy.

They could tell bvs that Victoria will go on a date with him.

They could tell me there's been a horrible mistake and price waterhouse handed the wrong envelope out on Nov 7.

They could tell you that they fixed pvp just for you.

• danacdanac Member

If you stay indoors instead of outside under the rain and snow you won' get sick as much.

[*]No - having 3 pages of frustrated comments is not what we want or intend.

You wanted four pages?

....Seriously, 5-15 minutes a manual run was a huge mistake. That wasn't coding, that was no one gameplaying the event, or if someone did, they should have things explained to them.
  • I find it funny that people still complain when they already said they can't change it midway. And for idiots saying you can, clearly you don't know jack shite about programming, or you would know that if they tweak stuff, more things will break overall.

General thesis
    Stop asking to change it, won't happen, your complaining over nothing. I'm sure the devs have been told what they screwed up, and may try and improve it next event.

In retrospect we should happy @Joel and @Eej actually responded, whereas most game developers wouldn't even let you know if your criticism was being heard.
    Guild: Spud Brigade
    Level: 63
    Favorite hero overall:Shade | Favorite Caster: Shade | Favorite Rogue: Torch | Favorite Tank: Sir William | Favorite Warrior: Augustus | Favorite Healer:Nub-Nub | Favorite Dwarf: Dagrund | Favorite Reptile: Viperia | Favorite Undead: Hansuke | Favorite Beast: Grog-Gnog | Favorite Legendary: Pontifex | Favorite Dark Hero:Shade | Favorite Fire hero:Torchy | Favorite Nature hero: Hansuke | Favorite Light hero: Augustus | Favorite Water hero: Grog- Gnog
  • danacdanac Member
    VioletLyra wrote: »

How the hell are we supposed to get that many crystals?! I guess I won't find out because I'm not even going to try.
    TWilliams wrote: »

One approach is to buy the crystals in the honor shop. You get 25 for 1500 I believe, If you're able to win a few matches and rank up a little you can get one a day. Sucks that they reset them after each season. That's the plan for my other group (LVL 67)

5 crystals of each kind for 1350 or so honor, at least in Champion tier.

How to get crystals?

One: run Green and Purple, they're the quickest and give out the most shinies.
    Two: consider buying with honor. Expensive, but you can get one pack a day.
    Three: buy the lesser materials package on store for 800 gems. Worth it? Just one purchase will give you 40 crystals, which is around 15-20 tokens of each hero. iow, nearly four full legendary unlocks for less than 1/3 a 10x.

This is what I've done in two days, and I'm sitting at 60-90 crystals.

I have 600 loot keys and 1700 stamina, i can just about ql event dungeons right now and finish it if I cared to go that way.
    But I only need furnace and Bramble tokens, the rest is a huge aether source for Aria and Ember.
  • The most frustrating and certainly unintended bug of the whole thing is that because I never bothered to unlock Ignus, he is by far the strongest character in the whole event for me, because he's 6 stars. I am a relatively new player, so I have every other mob, but mostly only 3-4 stars. Serves me right (apparently) for unlocking bauble with a 10x summon... That could of course be balanced by runes, but apparently not.
  • echonapechonap Member
    I plan to just farm totems like normal and ignore the event completely. Maybe quickloot each stage once a day for the aether and single crystal. Any quests I complete along the way will be a side bonus. It's only aether anyway, and my aether shop is empty.

For newer players, this event is four unlocks of legendary heroes and the possibility to try out some rare heroes. Not a complete dud, but not an event that most vets will spend much time on.
    zntCIcd.gif