Welcome to the War of Legends!

1235»

Comments

• new players with low stamina will have to pony up for stamina packs to manually run this event. Lots of them. not sure they will want to spend that much to unlock the heroes, maybe, I could be wrong.
    litespeed
  • LietoLieto Member
    Thanks @Eej. Good to know what we have is what we have. I can now safely ignore this event and focus on boss Island and pvp.

• Eej wrote: »
    That'll teach me to be out for 2 days under the weather.

I don't think that's the lesson we want you to learn here. The lesson we want you to learn is to start figuring out what makes the game fun for your players. Then you'll release a new, fun event, go out sick for 2 days and come back to a couple pages of praise on a job well done.

I have a question for you @Eej. What did you guys think was fun about this event? You teased the event, so obviously you thought it was something the community would get excited about. How did it go so wrong?
  • For low level players (I'm at 18) this event is mostly pointless. The time commitment and XP hit to unlock just one of these hero's is astronomical. It's already bad enough that they added XP back to the new daily quest system. From what I've read in new player guides XP is the worst thing a low level player can get. I think I may just cut my losses and find a different game.
  • @TWilliams I agree completely that the time and stamina investment makes it exceedingly difficult for new players. I personally slogged through 84 of each crystal before buying the rest via gems I have saved up in the shop (3 Lesser Materials packs at 800 gems a pop). But the question of whether exp is bad for new players is not as clear cut as it once was, back when PVP was organized differently. The subject still gets a lot of debate in various threads, but I would say you should get to level 28 and unlock the tower. That is worth doing quickly because it's free stam, gems, tokens, and almost no experience, even if you can't beat the whole thing right away. From there, how quickly you choose to level is up to you; but PVP used to group you with players of the same level, which is why people leveled slowly. That way their roster power was very high relative to their level. PVP no longer works that way. I personally am trying for 60 to see what "end game" content is like (currently 53), and I have not regretted leveling quickly, although many people in the forums do swear by slow leveling.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited March 12
    The guides are horribly outdated. Slow leveling is dead. Don't stress about the xp.

That being said, buying the Lesser Material Packs and/or Crystals in the Honor Shop is definitely the way to go.
  • edited March 13
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    The guides are horribly outdated. Slow leveling is dead. Don't stress about the xp.

That being said, buying the Lesser Material Packs and/or Crystals in the Honor Shop is definitely the way to go.
    It's true. I kept thinking spending all my honor on crystals was going to be a terrible decision since it meant I couldn't buy the superior rune pack. Then I realized out of the entire superior rune pack the only things I really wanted were the green binder, the 7 defense shards and (to a lesser extent) the 7 attack shards. Everything else was junk. Aether was more worthwhile (barely). Plus it was more fun and less time-consuming to spend all my honor on crystals and all my stamina farming legendary boss island for shards.

I didn't get the quests all done but got about 9300 of the available 12k in aether. I'm satisfied.
    centralcommand
  • I bought a superior shard pack ages ago. I haven't used even a single one of them. Just too expensive in terms of gems -- I have far better places to use them.
  • danacdanac Member

I didn't get the quests all done but got about 9300 of the available 12k in aether. I'm satisfied.

I needed 80 tokens to 6* furnace, and 130 to 6* bramble. So did those, then went all in on ponti for the aether.
1235»