Daily Quest Updates

Hey everyone!

We'll be rolling out some daily quest changes over the next few days. Some of you may see the changes earlier than others, and that's normal. We've set it up so the change will take effect when you log in for the first time in a given day, so those of you who have already logged in today will not see the changes until tomorrow at the earliest. This is to prevent you from losing progress toward daily quests that you have already started.

With these changes, some daily quests will now award player experience, but crown quests will not give experience. In addition, one of the crown quests will be a 'cap quest' that will require you to complete ten other daily quests. That might sound like a lot, but you'll find that the daily quests aren't terribly difficult. Please note that this quest only requires you to *complete* the other quests, not that you *claim* them. There will be an amount of variation in daily quests from player to player. Variety is the spice of life!

We hope you will all enjoy these changes!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• I hope the rewards are better too
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • @Joel I assume by "cap" you mean additional crowns over 210 aka the fix to guilds enforcing airplane mode?
  • @MattCauthron That will just create a new artificial limit. and have people use airplane mode to get some extra quests.
  • Joel wrote: »
    There will be an amount of variation in daily quests from player to player. Variety is the spice of life!

Finally a way for BF to get back at annoying players. I'm glad I am not one of them.
  • edited March 9
    Are there even 10 daily quests in a day to finish for this new daily quest?
  • edited March 9
    Players in my guild have reported that some "daily quest" only reward 5 Guild Crowns. They were only able to earn a total of 15 GC for that day. Not the typical 30. Players in my guild right now have GC totals ending in 5.

Will everyone still have the same weekly total of GC to earn? Because with random GC rewards of 5, 10, 15 depending on the day can def throw off the leaderboards

s9y6jp4aza39.png
  • Vicewyn wrote: »
    Players in my guild have reported that some "daily quest" only reward 5 Guild Crowns. They were only able to earn a total of 15 GC for that day. Not the typical 30. Players in my guild right now have GC totals ending in 5.

From my understanding one quest gave 5 but another gave 15 (I believe the one that required doing all the daily quests). That would simply mean they did not complete that quest.
  • I was one of the unintended who got the new quests a couple days ago. I had 15 new daily quests. Crown rewards were 5,10, and 15 totaling 30 crowns. I completed 14 of the daily quests in 35 minutes. Rewards totaled a meager 55 gems.
  • These new quests are a total time waster. I am SO annoyed... I have a quest where I need to complete all daily quests... one of them is upgrading 5 runes...You want me to upgrade 5 freaking runes and waste resources for NOTHING? I'm not even going to use these runes! Seriously go away DB.
    "He who fights with monsters should be careful
    lest he thereby become a monster.
    And if thou gaze long into an abyss,
    the abyss will also gaze into thee."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche
    7dubis92psv0.png
  • edited March 9
    Very, very nice clarification on the OPTIONAL experience that everyone seems to get in a fit over :) And that's a bump of 25 extra gems a day I believe with the new quests? I do think the change overall wasn't necessary though as the entire crown system needs a rework.
  • I assumed this was the rework? @seanlucky
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• Wr4th wrote: »
    These new quests are a total time waster. I am SO annoyed... I have a quest where I need to complete all daily quests... one of them is upgrading 5 runes...You want me to upgrade 5 freaking runes and waste resources for NOTHING? I'm not even going to use these runes! Seriously go away DB.

Upgrading runes for nothing = no fun

I cannot remember if lesser runes cost gems and if they do, super boo!
    Teal125
  • edited March 9
    rpger001 wrote: »
    Wr4th wrote: »
    These new quests are a total time waster. I am SO annoyed... I have a quest where I need to complete all daily quests... one of them is upgrading 5 runes...You want me to upgrade 5 freaking runes and waste resources for NOTHING? I'm not even going to use these runes! Seriously go away DB.

I assumed upgrade meant like level a rune? aka any crap brown chest rune and level it to level 6 for essentially zero gold? Surely that's what the quest means. That button to level the rune even says "upgrade" in which case this would be a superrrr easy quest. Even if it means to fully upgrade 5 runes, just upgrade 5 lesser runes for like 10k gold each.
  • edited March 9
    Snarfalot wrote: »
    I have stopped saying to myself "Surely Dungeon Boss can't get any worse" because it does, on almost a weekly basis now. Today I have the 'finish all daily quests' crown quest. It's to much of a time sink.

Here's part of what my dailies include:
    -Purchase item in the shop

What? Really? We have to spend money now to complete crown quests. Hopefully that quest includes the non gems shops.
    Teal125
  • rpger001 wrote: »
    Wr4th wrote: »

I assumed upgrade meant like level a rune? aka any crap brown chest rune and level it to level 6 for essentially zero gold? Surely that's what the quest means. That button to level the rune even says "upgrade" in which case this would be a superrrr easy quest. Even if it means to fully upgrade 5 runes, just upgrade 5 lesser runes for like 10k gold each.

It's just upgrading 5 runes 1 level each. No gems or resources required, just a pinch of gold.

Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Don't pinch my gold. I have plenty of Aether to pinch.
  • rpger001 wrote: »

What? Really? We have to spend money now to complete crown quests. Hopefully that quest includes the non gems shops.

No, Thankfully, You can just buy something in Honor, Tower shop, etc and it counts.

SNARF!
  • I posted about this in the other thread. Eej said it was an accident that those quests got released, so I held on to hope.

This pretty much confirms that the devs are working diligently to suck every last ounce of fun from this game. When it becomes a second job to play the game, instead of 10-15 minutes to knock out guild quests, then spend my time doing what I wanted to do, it's not fun. At all.

Glad my friend introduced me to FFBE to replace this "game".
  • Plus you have to complete 6 PVP raids.
    I don't have any interest in doing all of that every **** day.
    Some days, I'll want to play for an hour or so but other days, I don't have mujch time so I just want to knock off my guild quests in 15 minutes. Now I don't have that option so I guess it's time to quit my guild.

Now that I won't have to check in every day for even 15 minutes, you can bet I won't check in much anymore.
    Congratulations DB: another unsatisfied customer.
  • Lol..this new crown quest really time waste..why dont u guys chge only daily quest that not related for crown..
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • RawNES wrote: »
    I just like how this announcement was posted in the "Main Campaign Discussion" area which is all but dead.

Do people actually go into those specific forums regularly?

I always just click on the "discussions" forums which always shows the latest threads from any forum.
  • Once again I feel we are getting the lip service of "we are listing" long posts about change but never actually listening. This might be the straw the breaks the camels back for me. So my day will start with me running away in 6 PVP raids to get that done quick. Then I'll have to waste gold and mats on guild quests instead of using them on things I want to use them on. After the portal nerf I barely stayed on (found an amazing guild) but since Christmas I have tried to recreate the fun and it just keeps getting worse and worse.
  • The quests are easy. It is giving out more gems with the quests. It can be done in 15 min + participation in 6 PVP matches.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I'm picturing Emma Watson with green lipstick.
  • Melissa McCarthy with black
  • Joel wrote: »
    Variety is the spice of life!
    quote]

I thought that was oregano.

...while I'm here, can you possibly explain why in the world I'm getting 10 exp for completing quests when 'm level 70????????

?????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Give me loot keys or a random crystal instead.
  • I like the format of the new quests but I have a concern about the content. I just saw my first day's worth.

There are way too many and they take a fair bit of time. When I was levelling up I looked at the daily quests as a source for gems (before I could finish the tower) and as quests I could accomplish "along the way" of my day.

Now it seems the focus has shifted to these quests being only for competitive guild crown farming. Other than that, I'm not motivated to even try to do all the quests. I may do a few as I toddle along throughout my day but I think people who are not fanatically grinding those crowns for their guild will just tend to forget about those daily quests as taking too much time.

DB is most fun when it's a game we can come to when we have time, and come back later. If full attention is required, it fundamentally changes how we play, and who will play. I'm not saying that's by necessity a bad thing, but its something I'd sure be wary of in game design. In a mobile game, i'd always want to make sure plenty of the "play when you have a break" stays along with the more dedicated events.

Sure, players are not required to play parts of the game they are not interested in, but its important to keep giving the different parts of the player base enough of their favorite food.

Just one opinion out of millions..