Daily Quest Updates

Comments

• sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited March 10
    ...and I think the rewards may be a bit low for the more advanced players..not sure yet - need to see more quests/days...
  • LietoLieto Member
    The quest you want to watch out for is the WIN a PVP battle with 2 BLUE heroes...It is not directly a crown quest but if your crow quest is complete ALL quests and this is one of them, you are kinda screwed!

Good luck doing that in Legend 1!

Such a joke...I thought they had heard us on this? PVP is too competitive at the top level to be messing around with how we construct a team. And, ironically, the top level players are precisely the ones likely to be in a guild where there are 49 other players all counting on you to get your crowns done.

Just cut to the chase and make the quest "Lose a PVP battle"
  • PardonPardon Member
    lythstihl wrote: »
    This is the worst change yet. Daily quests used to be simple, straight forward, AND OPTIONAL. Now you force us into 6 PvP battles when most people are unhappy with PvP still just to get our crowns, you force us to do a minimum of 10 dailies just to get our crowns, the dailies pick and choose what we have to fight just to get our crowns. Anyone can argue now that the entire game is optional and we don't need to do it BUT if you are playing the game now and in a guild the one thing we cannot skip is guild quests.

One daily makes us use 2 potions for a reward of... 2 potions. And the time commitment has gotten much larger. Before for crowns I needed to win 2 PvP which wasn't much time and my groups had to include 2 or 3 of a specific character type some of the time. Now I need to just play in 6 but I don't want to intentionally lose and to find 6 I can beat in a row right now is not easy. So I looked after reset, none I could beat, I waited till morning... none I could beat... I refreshed and found one and beat it only to see... none I could beat... I refreshed multiple times and tried a couple to lose 2 because I felt the pressure to get some of the 6 fights out of the way so I didn't have to deal with it when I was running out of time later. This was 100% a needless change to a part of the game that was not broken which broke it when so many parts of the game were already broken.

@Eej @Joel
    I know you have stated you want to make the game more guild centric but this isn't how to do it. The fact that you went ahead and made the change when so many players who accidentally had the change put in previously already told you it was terrible is a huge slap in the face of your players AGAIN. Please revert this immediately listen to the huge majority of the players who have told you this is a bad idea for once and just revert it.

I totally agree. This kind of obsession for PvP is wrong, not to talk about the crafting mission. Please reset this bad choice as soon as possible because maybe you don't know but have lives apart from this game...of course we can simply just stop to play it but I don't think that this is your goal.

• While I agree and disagree with certain aspects of the comments, I feel overall this is a bad change. The only good thing to come out of it is this exp is slightly easier to obtain now. Other than that this a giant screw you to the player base as a whole. What you should have done is work fixing all the broken things, sucks as runes, PVP, and EVERY FRIKIN HERORIC PORTAL HERO, but that's just my option.
    Guild: Spud Brigade
    Level: 63
    Favorite hero overall:Shade | Favorite Caster: Shade | Favorite Rogue: Torch | Favorite Tank: Sir William | Favorite Warrior: Augustus | Favorite Healer:Nub-Nub | Favorite Dwarf: Dagrund | Favorite Reptile: Viperia | Favorite Undead: Hansuke | Favorite Beast: Grog-Gnog | Favorite Legendary: Pontifex | Favorite Dark Hero:Shade | Favorite Fire hero:Torchy | Favorite Nature hero: Hansuke | Favorite Light hero: Augustus | Favorite Water hero: Grog- Gnog
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Personally, I like the new daily quests overall. I like that there are more of them and it isn't too difficult to knock out multiple quests in one or two dungeon runs. The Try 6 PvP Battles can be a little daunting for people who dislike PvP or find themselves unable to win against any of their opponents, but they are still working on improving PvP changes and I personally still enjoy being a casual PvP'er. Besides, if you don't care about PvP, just send in a solo Jabber against enemy teams to quickly "try" 6 battles.

So far, none of the crown quests seem to be impossible to complete and most of the other dailies can be knocked out with a minimum amount of time and resources to net you some extra gold/gems/xp. Granted, this is only day one of quests and I have not seen them all yet. But I'm optimistic that I'll continue enjoying these and benefiting from the extra quests.

OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • FluCityFluCity Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

We'll be rolling out some daily quest changes over the next few days. Some of you may see the changes earlier than others, and that's normal. We've set it up so the change will take effect when you log in for the first time in a given day, so those of you who have already logged in today will not see the changes until tomorrow at the earliest. This is to prevent you from losing progress toward daily quests that you have already started.

With these changes, some daily quests will now award player experience, but crown quests will not give experience. In addition, one of the crown quests will be a 'cap quest' that will require you to complete ten other daily quests. That might sound like a lot, but you'll find that the daily quests aren't terribly difficult. Please note that this quest only requires you to *complete* the other quests, not that you *claim* them. There will be an amount of variation in daily quests from player to player. Variety is the spice of life!

We hope you will all enjoy these changes!

Worst idea yet, currently in my household, there are 4 active accounts, 2 VIP 5s and 2 VIP 6s. We only have time to collect crowns now due to the length of time it takes to complete guild quests. Do you really expect people to pay even more money on a game that just isn't fun anymore?? Yesterday, myself, it took nearly two hours for me to complete my crown quests after working a twelve hour day... Come on guys, this really sucks!
  • @Joel since there is now a guild quest called "complete all daily quests" every single daily quest is now a guild quest. Guilds must now make certain their members could do any daily quest that could potentially appear or they might not be able to complete the complete all dailies one. Please post the full list of daily quests that can appear so we can see what we are dealing with.
    centralcommand
  • misawamisawa Member
    In the middle of the week, though? This couldn't have waited until Monday?
  • jc1jc1 Member
    *25 less crowns for doing tower.
    *More time required to do crown quests.
    *Harmful xp (or forfeit rewards) - we already level too fast in the game.
    *casual guilds like mine will be destroyed. We have been getting 7k or 8k. Now 5k will probably be difficult. More lost gems.
    *rewards for completing daily quests are not equal to time spent.
    *even greater emphasis on pvp at a time when the system is still kind of broken.
    *wasting resources to complete useless quests ... like levelling runes.

I used to be able to do crown quests with a few pvp runs and a few monster hunt runs. That took 10 minutes. Completing the daily quests will probably take an hour now.

This is a bad change. Why the desire to make this so much harder, longer in time and less rewarding?

• BrazyBrazy Member
    Lieto wrote: »
    The quest you want to watch out for is the WIN a PVP battle with 2 BLUE heroes...It is not directly a crown quest but if your crow quest is complete ALL quests and this is one of them, you are kinda screwed!

You can skip that one and still complete your Daily crown quests. There are more than 10.

I personally like these new crown quests.
  • jileyjiley Member
    Let's save the planet and change "Potion Sampling" to Salvage 5 Runes instead. I hate wasting stuff.
  • seth33seth33 Member
    I truly believe that these changes would be fine if
    1- the state of the game was already 100x better (your asking people for more of a commitment when they don't want to log on to begin with)
    2- you did it on a reset where once again you inform us a few days ahead. The only reason we know is because of a leak.

You don't have to listen but reading my guilds line chat there are more then a few people leaving after reset in Sunday and honestly if there is no response in the next few days many many more will leave as well
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    jiley wrote: »
    Let's save the planet and change "Potion Sampling" to Salvage 5 Runes instead. I hate wasting stuff.

But you get 2 potions back.
  • I wouldn't mind doing all the extra quests if the rewards per quest were better. Give me some flame crystals, or pyre embers or lava rocks.. and not just one, like 3-5 per quest... then I'm really interested and will WANT to do the extra quests!

Also, please put giant crowns on the actual guild quests so we can differentiate them better, or even give them their own tab like: Event, Daily, Guild, Campain. This would be very helpful because 1) I prefer claiming all my guild quest at once because it seems to not glitch as much as one at a time and 2) it would just be nice to have them separated so we know that the guild quests are complete compared to the dailies.
    10328949?gid=

• Brazy wrote: »

You can skip that one and still complete your Daily crown quests. There are more than 10.

Not if you get the one that says "complete all daily quests" instead of the one that says "complete 10 daily quests".
    jiley wrote: »
    Can we change the "craft a rune" quest to that instead? I have no interest in throwing away 10 crystals on a lesser to get that done. Would much rather waste potions.
    centralcommand
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Brazy wrote: »

Not if you get the one that says "complete all daily quests" instead of the one that says "complete 10 daily quests".

I did 10 and still have 3 left over I can do. I saw another screen shot where it says finish all daily quests and they needed to complete only 11. So I don't think theres one where you actually have to do all 13.
  • RawNES wrote: »
    Just got the new quests for the first time and immediately noticed they took out the daily 25 gems for 3 tower floors.

@RawNES YES! This is not the first time they've tried to nerf the tower rewards. Just make the tower worth 300 gems (or 295) again and leave the 3 tower floor quest as 5 gems. Problem solved.

• @jc1 if it's taking you an hour or more it's taking you too long buddy.

Guild: Spud Brigade
    Level: 63
    Favorite hero overall:Shade | Favorite Caster: Shade | Favorite Rogue: Torch | Favorite Tank: Sir William | Favorite Warrior: Augustus | Favorite Healer:Nub-Nub | Favorite Dwarf: Dagrund | Favorite Reptile: Viperia | Favorite Undead: Hansuke | Favorite Beast: Grog-Gnog | Favorite Legendary: Pontifex | Favorite Dark Hero:Shade | Favorite Fire hero:Torchy | Favorite Nature hero: Hansuke | Favorite Light hero: Augustus | Favorite Water hero: Grog- Gnog
  • The changes to the daily guild quests are garbage! You know how people feel right now about PVP and you put in a quest finish 6 raids, just shows your are truly not listening to people. You also make almost every daily quest reward experience, that is completely unfair. Why do you feel the need to force us to level up fast? So we have to simply not claim them, however now we miss out on those rewards. If we are going to keep getting changes like this I am out and Dungeon Boss will not get a single penny more of my money. Please hear what we are saying and remedy this.
  • Just wait, Brazy. You'll end up with the "complete all quests" nonsense soon enough.
    I had complete 10 (of 11) the first day and now it's only "complete all quests".
  • jc1 wrote: »
    *rewards for completing daily quests are not equal to time spent.

I used to be able to do crown quests with a few pvp runs and a few monster hunt runs. That took 10 minutes. Completing the daily quests will probably take an hour now.

That's the main thing right there. DB is asking for a lot more of my time while not giving me anything worth that time.

If I have to do all of the quests to get 15 crowns, it feels like work. And I don't work for you.
  • HikerHiker Member
    I strongly disapprove of these changes. Let each individual decide how they spend their time in this game - don't make us waste it on nonsense and frustrating quests (you clearly have not gotten the message about PvP). There is no FUN in these changes. DB is a game and our hobby, not a job. You've also made it more frustrating to be a GM.

I'd say more but I already spent too much time this morning doing my dailies. Sadly it takes me a while to do 6 raids (I'm even less happy about some of the other ones I've heard about). Read the above posts if you want to hear more reasons.
    IGN: Hiker
    Guildmaster
    Legends and Friends
  • seth33seth33 Member
    Well as Friday moves closer to an end it seems silence is upon us again (and please spare us the we are listening and looking into it response) could just be a wild guess but I'm guessing the numbers of players that plays this game will like a little different Monday after reset
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    seth33 wrote: »
    Well as Friday moves closer to an end it seems silence is upon us again (and please spare us the we are listening and looking into it response) could just be a wild guess but I'm guessing the numbers of players that plays this game will like a little different Monday after reset

Why wasn't I invited to the Boss Fight's Friday Beer Social?
  • Why do you have xp on the quests!
    Not everyone is dying to be lv70 and get destroyed by high level runes.

• wjvandyke wrote: »
    Why do you have xp on the quests!
    Not everyone is dying to be lv70 and get destroyed by high level runes.

Although I definitely have objections to some of the changes, the blues did comment that you do not need to collect, but rather just complete, the quests in order to get the crowns. So if you don't want the experience, you can still get the crowns, you just won't get any rewards from the individual quests.
  • @kiikiikins It's not just experience you'll be skipping out on. They rearranged 20 of the 25 gems from the tower quests into these EXP quests ;)
  • echonapechonap Member
    I normally bang out all my crown quests before I get up in the morning. Today, I almost missed my first meeting at work because they took so long.