Daily Quest Updates

Comments

• sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited March 10
    Dear Dungeon Boss - I am VERY disappointed to learn that the tower level daily quests for gems appear to have been removed.

Those quests were critical in helping me when I was levelling, and I think it is a serious strategic mistake to continue to nerf gem rewards.

I suspect this is part of a broader strategy to entice players to purchase gems, but I fear you have gone too far. It's important to give players a sense of investment and involvement in the game, or they won't want to stay (at least most) and they won't want to spend.

In fact, I'd prefer the tower reward the gems directly, and even increase the payout on a per level or at levels 3,6,9, etc.

I fear that if too much effort is put into squeezing the currency to increase gem sales, the only result will be that users will become frustrated and look elsewhere for their entertainment.

I know for myself, I've found the lack of gems as I was levelling up very frustrating and now even when I do the tower, its as if my hands are tied. I have limited funds, but I know that I also feel hesitant to spend those limited funds if it will just prolong frustration.

This game has a lot going for it, and in my opinion doesn't merit all the negative feedback in these forums (it does merit some of it), so I don't want to be a complainer, but this is a subject near and dear to my heart.

I spend a lot of time to scrape gems together and every time I go into the shop I see all the purchase options. This does not make me eager to purchase, it just says "buy me." rather than "enjoy me".

One player's opinion
  • They do take longer but not that much longer than previously doing all the old dailies.

The issue is exp, if you don't want it. There is easily 75 exp from quests and doing the challenge mode quest and quick loot one, and grab an evo and the island one plus a few more maps and the tower, you could easily gather 125 exp a day from this.

you can go from level 40-41 in 7 days. With this new rate of exp, you can get to the high 60's very fast and without mass money expenditures be very behind and frustrated, not being able to complete the tower, having very few good runes, very little gold and few heroes level to max due to the exp gained from quests and not maps that give exp to characters and potions. folks will get to 60 and be so far behind they will not be able to complete boss mode maps and get epics. They will have to spend or quit.

This is so blatantly obvious to get you to spend money and rush you so fast to end game without being prepared so you will spend even more. What they don't get is that folks are just going to quit. They currently do this now down in level 20-30 range, this new set up will get those few who stuck it out thru the 30's get more frustrated in the 40's and 50's and quit then.

I just don't think they get how to retain a player base. folks need to know that they can have fun and be competitive at all levels with spending a few bucks not 100's and 1000's of dollars. This will back fire on them.

If they really wanted folks to enjoy the game and have fun here is the solution:
    remove all exp from quests until level 60 and let people get their rosters up and runes on heroes and then let them rush from 60-70. Running maps will give plenty of exp. Give folks options to get more exp if they want it at lower levels so they can spend money on their roster and move forward much faster. Forcing it on people is just cruel and mean.

Just my 2 cents.
    litespeed
  • I haven't personally had to deal with these new crown quests, but they sound kind of like an incomplete idea. If I was the development team I would change the guild quests so that all of them are given to you at the beginning of they week and you have the whole week to complete ____ amount of quests for the guild. This change gives people the liberty of spacing out when they want to get them done or if they want to spend 2 or 3 hours to grind them out at the beginning of the week. This is my personal opinion not trying to offend anyone here.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 10
    You can go from level 40-41 in 7 days. With this new rate of exp, you can get to the high 60's very fast"

We must have literally different universe definitions of what constitutes "very fast" they are so far apart. I leveled from 60 to 70 in 4 days. I thought that was "very fast". You are however implying that a YEAR would be very fast (Estimating based off your 1 week from 40-41 and the fact experience curve goes up exponentially at 60). Personally, I would call that a snails pace and only if that snail got stepped on and was unable to move, otherwise he'd still be beating you to the finish.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: I just saw your name was litespeed. I love the irony! I'm sure it's on purpose haha
  • echonapechonap Member
    Spiffy is probably a slow leveler, so it seems fast to him?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 10
    echonap wrote: »
    Spiffy is probably a slow leveler, so it seems fast to him?

Sure but then he furthers his logic to state "without mass money expenditures be very behind and frustrated, not being able to complete the tower, having very few good runes, very little gold and few heroes level to max due to the exp gained from quests and not maps that give exp to characters and potions. folks will get to 60 and be so far behind they will not be able to complete boss mode maps and get epics. They will have to spend or quit."

As if accomplishing that in a year+ time is this insurmountable task, when we already have multiple f2p 70s with VERY strong rosters proving his point is completely false. I think the vast majority of the slow levelers simply don't understand how much they are giving up by being under leveled.
  • Jesus, Matt. Four days? You're a beast.

I'm too cheap for stam packs and I can confirm the crawl from 60 to 70 took a while.

I did everything I could to max my XP, too. Use every bit of stamina I could get ahold of and would manually run every challenge level dungeon for the tokens and +10xp per run.
  • @MattCauthron ,
    hahaha yes irony is funny sometimes.

However without giving too much personal info about expenditures, I suspect you spend many hundreds of dollars on this game and that is your choice. You should have a way of leveling fast then. And I was trying to indicate that up in the previous post. I was also trying to be conservative on my time estimate, I could see how easy it would be to get 300 exp a day or 400 or more depending on how many maps you run and how much stamina you purchase.

Also those of us that spend 30$-40$ (vip3) on the game, which is my opinion is fine. not much different than a consul game, should not be so rushed and weak at higher levels that the game is just no fun. I prefer to spend time vs money. some folks suggest they are the same thing.

Also I only spend 30-60 minutes a day on the game (as i find it a game and not life) so going slower is fine for me. I do not wish to tell you to play my way or vise versa. Just note that without large money and daily time expenditures, if you get to 60 really fast you will find your roster way too weak to do anything. This happened to me on my first play thru, I took every ounce of Exp that was given to me and I was at level 45 and had 1 and 2 star heroes. I think I did not even see a yellow hero until level 42 when I unlocked BD from campaign maps. It was a completely horrible experience to play that way. I am sure that if I had spent 500$ it would have been a way different experience

We can't just say fast is good or Slow is good. either one depends on other factors. (real money, and time spent per day, and luck drawing from portals)

Now, based on what I read on the forums it sounds to me like PVP at level 70 is just absolutely no fun, same defense teams, all about runes, too much bad RNG (yes I read your posts and respect your game knowledge) why would I want to rush to that horrible place when down here I seen many different team compositions, I get to use many different heroes (today to do my 6 attacks I used maybe 12 heroes.)

Hope you can see another point of view.
    litespeed
  • @spiffymcbang I certainly can. I just didn't agree with the fact that a year was considered fast when referring to a game that's only been out for 2 years, or agree with your exaggeration of how screwed you would be after taking a year to get there! I realize if you are free to play you obviously have to put in a lot more time to be competitive. If you have neither time nor money, I don't think you should reasonably expect to be competitive.

@FatCat69 I got tired of dodges due to level difference so just bought all the stam packs every day until I hit 70. Now I get to contend with 25% dodges instead of 5% dodges haha
  • jc1jc1 Member
    @spiffymcbang I certainly can. I just didn't agree with the fact that a year was considered fast when referring to a game that's only been out for 2 years, or agree with your exaggeration of how screwed you would be after taking a year to get there! I realize if you are free to play you obviously have to put in a lot more time to be competitive. If you have neither time nor money, I don't think you should reasonably expect to be competitive.

That's exactly the point Matt. Some of us are willing to put in the time to be competitive even without lots of $$$. Throwing useless xp at us takes away our option of investing time to get a quality gaming experience. Forcing us into subpar strategy is not a way to keep customers happy and engaged.
  • jc1 wrote: »
    @spiffymcbang I certainly can. I just didn't agree with the fact that a year was considered fast when referring to a game that's only been out for 2 years, or agree with your exaggeration of how screwed you would be after taking a year to get there! I realize if you are free to play you obviously have to put in a lot more time to be competitive. If you have neither time nor money, I don't think you should reasonably expect to be competitive.

That's exactly the point Matt. Some of us are willing to put in the time to be competitive even without lots of $$$. Throwing useless xp at us takes away our option of investing time to get a quality gaming experience. Forcing us into subpar strategy is not a way to keep customers happy and engaged.

Spiffy specifically said that he did not have much time to play this game. If you have plenty of time, then leveling from 40 to 70 over the course of a year should leave your roster in more than excellent shape to handle everything. So I don't think that was his point at all. From my understanding, he felt that you should be able to play a small amount of time a day while being f2p and still have an excellent roster (Slow levelers pre-pvp udpate play style). That is no longer possible, and I don't really think that's an issue.

The fact is, if you are willing to put in the time you can have a good roster. That's true for most f2p games. The important part is making sure the time spent is enjoyable.
  • SorenSoren Member
    jc1 wrote: »

Spiffy specifically said that he did not have much time to play this game. If you have plenty of time, then leveling from 40 to 70 over the course of a year should leave your roster in more than excellent shape to handle everything. So I don't think that was his point at all. From my understanding, he felt that you should be able to play a small amount of time a day while being f2p and still have an excellent roster (Slow levelers pre-pvp udpate play style). That is no longer possible, and I don't really think that's an issue.

The fact is, if you are willing to put in the time you can have a good roster. That's true for most f2p games. The important part is making sure the time spent is enjoyable.

Enjoyable, that's debatable right now
  • Gotta get em hooked on quests so they spend more time out of the day to play which raises the chance that player will want to buy something!
  • SixFlowSixFlow Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

We'll be rolling out some daily quest changes over the next few days. Some of you may see the changes earlier than others, and that's normal. We've set it up so the change will take effect when you log in for the first time in a given day, so those of you who have already logged in today will not see the changes until tomorrow at the earliest. This is to prevent you from losing progress toward daily quests that you have already started.

We hope you will all enjoy these changes!

I work twelve hours days. Last night it took me two hours, give or take 15 minutes, to complete my guild quests. Today I worked 13 hours just to get home to find out my quests were even greater than yesterday. I am currently a VIP level 5 and am quickly regretting having spent any money on this game. I am one of 4 other players in my household that play this game and we are all equally upset(2 vip 5s & 2 vip 6s). This is a great game that just isn't fun anymore. I hope things improve soon. Very soon.
  • Complete all quests should reward 50 gems, not 15 crowns. Keep the crown quests quick.
  • danacdanac Member

That's the main thing right there. DB is asking for a lot more of my time while not giving me anything worth that time.

It's giving you solidarity with your fellow pooped upon DB players.
  • I suggest devs to change crown quest complete 10 or all daily quest to other relevant quest and instead giving experience why dont give extra gold or free honor or great summon..ops i forget they dont even hear about player suggestion..
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • AarwynAarwyn Member
    edited March 11
    So today I got a quest to "collect a celestial evo." Considering that completing every single quest is required for the crown quest that's worth fully half of your crowns, it doesn't feel all that optional. So in addition to visiting the shops, leveling runes, creating runes, running THREE challenge dungeons, and all of the other silly hoops we have to jump through, I have to get a Celestial evo. And, of course, evo island is closed on the weekend. And my tower only has a monarch at the top. So I could spend an exorbitant amount of honor to buy a celestial I don't need, spend five days' worth of tower cups on a different celestial I don't need, or spend 100k gold and 20 gems to craft a celestial I might need, but clearly didn't need right now or I would have done it already.

I've been playing DB for around a year now. I've never been this close to uninstalling the game.

Edit: Apparently I didn't have to complete all of them this time, and could skip the celestial quest. If this always holds true when I get that quest, then great. But last night I needed to do all of the quests to get my crowns, so I worry.
    Post edited by Aarwyn on
  • I prefer when the 15 crown quest is "Complete 10 of the daily quests" and not ALL. That gives me options. Today, I had that option, so I was able to avoid the silly celestial quest (can we please make the Tower give us a celestial every day!), and any XP gain. But my first day of quests, I had to complete all, so I was forced to get some XP, which I really would rather avoid (running challenge dungeons, quick looting, island dungeon).

Also, anyone who is saying the dailies took them an hour + are exaggerating. They do take a bit longer, but not an hour. Yesterday it took me about 40 minutes since I chose to run the Tower to complete ten dungeons. Today it took me about 20 minutes. Don't be ridiculous here because being unreasonable is not going to get anyone to listen to us. Yes, the quests take longer. Yes, there are issues. No, it doesn't take 2 hours.
  • This was my first day with the new quests. After reading about it here on the forum, I anticpitated it with some anxiety. Not many people where happy :/
    But I must say, these new quests doens't take much more time to complete than the other ones. And to be honest, isn't it nice with some changes??
    I agree, there has been a significant tampering with DB recently from the developers, and they have taken their beating here on the forum (still does every day).
    But can't we stop complaining about every god **** little change they make? Yes, sometimes the changes they make doesn't satisfy every single member of the DB community, but are you guys /(and girls) really expecting to get every little change just the way YOU want it?
    With these new quests to earn crowns, you have to show that you are somehow a little bit more, but only slightly more, commited than before. Getting the crowns and rise to the top of the leaderboard shouldn't be for everyone. The more commitment, the better the rewards.

Remember I still think that they have made som bad changes recently, and PVP IS broken, and eventually it is gonna leave a even bigger gap between the hardcore players and the normal players. Hardcore players gets access to much more powerful runes, and the rest of us are tuch trying to collect enough materials to craft a rune every now and then. Much more is of course broken in PVP.
    Summa summarum, let us not complain about every little change they make to the game! It's people like you and I sitting at the other end of the screen reading your words. Ultimately the choice of playing is yours alone :)
  • HikerHiker Member
    I prefer when the 15 crown quest is "Complete 10 of the daily quests" and not ALL. That gives me options. Today, I had that option, so I was able to avoid the silly celestial quest (can we please make the Tower give us a celestial every day!), and any XP gain. But my first day of quests, I had to complete all, so I was forced to get some XP, which I really would rather avoid (running challenge dungeons, quick looting, island dungeon).

Also, anyone who is saying the dailies took them an hour + are exaggerating. They do take a bit longer, but not an hour. Yesterday it took me about 40 minutes since I chose to run the Tower to complete ten dungeons. Today it took me about 20 minutes. Don't be ridiculous here because being unreasonable is not going to get anyone to listen to us. Yes, the quests take longer. Yes, there are issues. No, it doesn't take 2 hours.

Leksa, mine took me over an hour yesterday. 30 minutes for 6 PvP raids (5 minutes per raid is pretty typical for me). Another quest was to run 10 campaign dungeons (quick loot didn't count). It takes at least 3 minutes per dungeon when you factor in loading screens, etc. That's another 30+ minutes for that quest. Now add time for the other quests. I could not skip any of the quests yesterday, as I was forced to complete every daily quest in order to complete the cap quest. So yes indeed, it took me over an hour.

You should not so readily dismiss what others are saying.
    IGN: Hiker
    Guildmaster
    Legends and Friends
  • jc1jc1 Member
    It's pretty insulting that they added back in the XP to daily quests. It got taken away by popular demand because people hated it. What would make them think that adding it back in would be well received? This is just self inflicted PR damage.
  • Omg! I have never done this before (spreading negative mood), BUT... This is soooo terrible update. There is no point in explaining reasons, most of it are already stated above. I am playing for more than a year... I was really dissappointed only with portal change (and i was considdering quitting the game), but this is the worst update ever - last nail in the coffin IMHO. Doing all the quests to keep up with others? So much time and game resources wasted! No, thanks! :(
  • NTSRamblerNTSRambler Member
    edited March 11
    Joel wrote: »
    Variety is the spice of life!

In general I like that you are adding new quests and also a bonus for completing a certain amount.

As a high level player (65+) the quests don't seem too bad. Many, like the potions quest are pointless, because I just get back what I put in plus 5xp plus 5 gems.

As a low level (less than 20) the 10 quests to get the big gem payout sucks because many of the choices to get to 10 completed are impossible or near impossible to complete. And most are not worth the XP hit for the amount of the award. come on man!

20 Grape Gels - Only one available and it's an event dungeon

Win a PVP Raid with 2 light heroes on your team - Only 2 available under 100 tokens with only 1 dungeon each

Defeat 20 Shadowclan Goblins - 1 avaialble to kill in first 5 chapters

Lastly, you spoke of variety. Most of the quests are the same every day. Thanks for the variety.

Are any of the changes you're making really increasing your sales?

Post edited by NTSRambler on
  • philphil Member
    I got a kill 20 elves quest that is impossible. I am L53 and all elves are L55 or higher. So that issue is back.
  • phil wrote: »
    I got a kill 20 elves quest that is impossible. I am L53 and all elves are L55 or higher. So that issue is back.

Yes, the Kill quests are ordering kills for levels in chapters you haven't unlocked yet, which should not be the case, right? I'm seeing that on my low level alt.
  • philphil Member
    phil wrote: »

Yes, the Kill quests are ordering kills for levels in chapters you haven't unlocked yet, which should not be the case, right? I'm seeing that on my low level alt.

Yeah, that is what I am seeing. Here's a 17-month old thread about the same kind of thing. I'd never encountered it before, so thought it had been fixed:
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/2931/daily-quest-unavailable
  • phil wrote: »
    phil wrote: »

Yeah, that is what I am seeing. Here's a 17-month old thread about the same kind of thing. I'd never encountered it before, so thought it had been fixed:
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/2931/daily-quest-unavailable

Yeah, it was 'fixed' around the same time Ponti not turning into a skeleton was fixed. :/
  • Cherries0nTopCherries0nTop Member
    edited March 11
    Be me.

VIP 5.

In top 4 guild of DB in the world.

Finishing crowns for the week and leaving guild and uninstalling because of this quest change.

Nice job DB.