Daily Quest Updates

124»

Comments

• @Joel how long do the awards of pvp stay in mail?
    weighing just under 120 metric tonnes
    with the force of one thousand pounds of diesel power in her fists
    with a whip sword on her right arm
    and a prototype V-cannon residing in her left
    her heart is strong and powerful so a vent was created to expel that passion in a flaming rage from her center
    she fights for justice, and peace.
    don't upset her, for the next time she allows you to motorboat her, it may very well end in flames.
  • danac wrote: »

That's the main thing right there. DB is asking for a lot more of my time while not giving me anything worth that time.

It's giving you solidarity with your fellow pooped upon DB players.

Danac to the rescue with the silver lining
  • UrBonerUrBoner Member
    dam...slow leveling just got harder. i see you db
  • Gotta get em hooked on quests so they spend more time out of the day to play which raises the chance that player will want to buy something!

Bingo!
  • These new daily quests are killing my guild. No one has the time for this. I've been **** about the tower quests taking too long and now the game just got more involved and more time intensive. A game is supposed to be fun, not stressful. You DB people need to get things changed so the daily guild quests are not so time consuming!
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    @Hockeybike i disagree with you. These quests may take a little longer to complete but not as much as you think. At first it took me a while to do them when i had to keep clicking back to see what was next, but once you figure them out it takes no time at all. I also do NOT want them to start making them easier then they already are. I really don't think we need all top 100 guilds coming in 1st.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Sheesh.. The quests take 15-17 minutes instead of 10-15 minutes.

Wow. Oh. My. Gawd. It's a freaking Greek Tragedy.

I think I read about this in Revelations.

Luckily I have a fallout shelter and lots of supplies.

It truly is the end of the world.

/s
    KashHatton
  • spiffymcbangspiffymcbang Member
    edited March 15
    They are taking me about 20-25 minutes but that is not all that much. we can't have them just hand us the guild rewards, need to work a little, right?
    It takes me a little longer as I go back and forth figuring out the fewest possible to do that requires the least stamina.

I agree the content on some of them just out right lacks creativity like the use friends and use 2 potions and buy something in a shop, but wow are they easy.

The experience they want you to take though...
    litespeed
  • I sent this to @Eej already but my personal opinion is that a big part of the problem that we aren't talking about right now is the usability of the quest log. These dailies are actually shorter then the old ones a lot of times. Instead of do 2 pvp with these specific heroes its do 1 pvp. Or instead of hunt 20 of this type of enemy its hunt 10. Salvage/Upgrade 10 runes is now 5. Etc. etc. The only one that got longer was the "generic pvp raids" quest got longer (3 instead of 2).

However they exacerbated an old problem - doing 10 short quests often takes significantly longer then doing 5 longer quests. This is because the experience of questing is actually really frustrating. Here's a summary of the usability problems:
    • The quest log is only available on the home screen. This basically forces me to try and memorize them since everything I touch and every change in in-app location has to load. And it can take a bunch of touches to get back home and then get back to where I was
    • I only see like 2.5 at a time, even on my 6" phone. So whenever there is a bunch I have to memorize if I want to try and do 2 or more in one level.
    • They can often be combined but I get no help in doing so. It's all on me to memorize the baddies in each level and the quests I have.

The way quests are today I basically have to memorize every quest and which bad guys are in every level. Because without that I have to do so many transitions between parts of the app I'll go insane, it takes forever. There's a couple pretty easy ways they could fix this though:
    • Add access to the quest log everywhere so I can always get to it quickly and easily. How about this?
      3924578qg74f.png
      This top row is everywhere. What if it had the 3 counts {# of open event quests}/{# of open daily quests}/{# of open campaign quests} in a box up there that I could click on to get to the quest log? Could put the little green dot if there were any to claim. Then I never have to stop what I'm doing to go see the quests.
    • When looking at a level rectangle add a little quest icon if there's a quest I can make progress on by going to that level. Add a number next to it if there is more then one. Let me long press on it to see the quests. Then I can easily tell which levels let me do multiple quests at once.
    • Shrink the size of the quest tiles. Or maybe allow players to toggle to a list view? Even if there's not enough room to put a claim button in for the list view, I just want to read all the quests with minimal scrolling. I can toggle back to the normal view for claiming. Or add a single "claim all completed quests" button in the list view.

I know this doesn't fix everything but I am pretty sure these usability fixes would improve all questing, not just dailies. Would make it a lot easier to get your quests done, daily or event, without so much transitioning around the app.
    centralcommand
  • I have played this game for more than a year and worked my way to every character but Shade and 34 of them are 6 stars and in the last 2 months the game has really started to suck. :( there has only been maybe 3 days total I have not logged on and played. I am in a terrible guild because the PVP is so screwed up some days I can not win a match (so I cant make good guild crown requirements). One day I went on a 8 or nine game winning streak?? I raided LVL 40 players at times (I am LVL 70) What's the deal? Some times it seams like you want me to spend a few hundred dollars to get caught up? It's just making it harder and harder to keep playing. This was the best game but each upgrade seems to make it go the other way. If you want me to quit just say so and save me the long term agony of slowly making me despise the game I love. ):
  • SorenSoren Member
    These quest are terrible! Kill 10 enemies for 5 gems and 5K gold in Challenge mode. You've got to be kidding me. Not even worth the time! You know it's bad when clash of clans is more fun again. I'd rather work on my taxes than play DB for those quests.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @Soren - I will do your quests if you do my tax return. I prefer doing boring mindless quests instead of ny tax return.
  • Dulcimer wrote: »
    I am in a terrible guild because the PVP is so screwed up some days I can not win a match (so I cant make good guild crown requirements). One day I went on a 8 or nine game winning streak?? I raided LVL 40 players at times (I am LVL 70) What's the deal? Some times it seams like you want me to spend a few hundred dollars to get caught up? It's just making it harder and harder to keep playing.

You don't, or at least I don't, have to win a match to finish the quest to get the crowns. My quest says "Finish". Maybe they're giving the low level players a break from getting beaten down all the time.

What sucks is attaching XP to a quest with little to gain. OK for high level or capped players because it don't affect them as much.

• UrBonerUrBoner Member
    Dulcimer wrote: »
    I have played this game for more than a year and worked my way to every character but Shade and 34 of them are 6 stars and in the last 2 months the game has really started to suck. :( there has only been maybe 3 days total I have not logged on and played. I am in a terrible guild because the PVP is so screwed up some days I can not win a match (so I cant make good guild crown requirements). One day I went on a 8 or nine game winning streak?? I raided LVL 40 players at times (I am LVL 70) What's the deal? Some times it seams like you want me to spend a few hundred dollars to get caught up? It's just making it harder and harder to keep playing. This was the best game but each upgrade seems to make it go the other way. If you want me to quit just say so and save me the long term agony of slowly making me despise the game I love. ):

what you are describing here sounds like a typical mobile game. its pay to win.

• UrBonerUrBoner Member
    Soren wrote: »
    These quest are terrible! Kill 10 enemies for 5 gems and 5K gold in Challenge mode. You've got to be kidding me. Not even worth the time! You know it's bad when clash of clans is more fun again. I'd rather work on my taxes than play DB for those quests.

its actually great for free players because they cant get gems any other way. i am a free player and used to enjoy that...until they added exp into the mix...smh

• After doing the quests for a couple weeks now, I'm starting to think less negatively about them, and don't mind them as much. It may seem like it takes more time, but honestly, it takes about the same, or marginally more. And you get more gems overall (and if they implement the 25 gems from tower quest, it'll be that much more). I feel like I got a good handle on how to do these efficiently, like knocking out a few quests in one go.
124»